• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was a retail version of the witness.

I still feel iffy on spending 40 on a downloadable game.

I agree with you, but not because of the price. One, I feel the box art would be really nice and two, the reason I prefer discs is due to hard drive space. With disc based games, you can delete them easily and re-install them easily when you need to make space on the hard drive. It's a little more of an annoyance with digital games, as you need to download it again. Discs allow you to skip that step. I just wish Sony would allow you to install games to external drives.

Upset when people dont talk about giant bomb, upset when people do talk about giant bomb

I give you guys shit for being off-topic, but that's whatever. But it seems like potshots at Metal Gear Scanlon V for being bad is pretty much the only form of discussion we have anymore about the feature, and I legit think that's kind of shitty.

without knuckles no knuckles chaotix

jeff & dan chaotix co-op playthrough when

Still legitimately hoping for a Dan & Drew Toejam and Earl playthrough (ToeDan & Drewarl)

I agree with you, but not because of the price. One, I feel the box art would be really nice and two, the reason I prefer discs is due to hard drive space. With disc based games, you can delete them easily and re-install them easily when you need to make space on the hard drive. It's a little more of an annoyance with digital games, as you need to download it again. Discs allow you to skip that step. I just wish Sony would allow you to install games in external drives.

I've stuck with disks when possible for this reason (since I'm moving between two different PS4s at home and at school every few months) but with install times and patch sizes being what they are now it's increasingly a pain in the ass even with a disk.

I've stuck with disks when possible for this reason (since I'm moving between two different PS4s at home and at school every few months) but with install times and patch sizes being what they are now it's increasingly a pain in the ass even with a disk.

Yeah, I'd love to have the option to keep patches installed when a disk based game is deleted. The disk install times are always quite fast in my opinion. I wish more games were like Killzone: Shadow Fall though, where you are immediately in the menus.

The Witness from this QL looks like Legend of Grimrock 2 but without you falling into a pit and breaking a leg from failing a puzzle or getting jumped by monsters for solving a puzzle.

yami4ct

Hot damn, that latest Project BEAST is so good. I think that's my favorite content on the site atm.

They need some really big help to work on their fundamentals. They are making the same significant mistakes early on and it keeps costing them. Without someone going 'hey, your methods for getting into orbit are fucked', it's going to be real tough to make progress.

If I play Until Dawn is it possible to have a pretty different experience to the one that GBeast had? I've been wanting to play it recently but I can remember the GBeast playthrough pretty well so I'm wondering if it's worth waiting until my memory of the game isn't as clear.

Jintor

They need some really big help to work on their fundamentals. They are making the same significant mistakes early on and it keeps costing them. Without someone going 'hey, your methods for getting into orbit are fucked', it's going to be real tough to make progress.

Yeah man I've been playing career mode and that really forces you to learn the fundamentals since you've limited parts and need to budget effectively. I just slammed a probe into the mun yesterday but I learned a lot from it.

Jintor

I have to say, it really is a big shock on Mun to realise that your majestic soaring vehicle arcing gracefully through the sky is actually going 600m/s and is going to basically explode on impact.

yami4ct

Yeah man I've been playing career mode and that really forces you to learn the fundamentals since you've limited parts and need to budget effectively. I just slammed a probe into the mun yesterday but I learned a lot from it.

Seeing Vinny waste all that fuel on the Mun landing was like a slow motion horror show. I'm pretty sure that setup had very little chance of making the return trip anyway, but there was zero reason to blow all that fuel there once he got the speed under control.

If I play Until Dawn is it possible to have a pretty different experience to the one that GBeast had? I've been wanting to play it recently but I can remember the GBeast playthrough pretty well so I'm wondering if it's worth waiting until my memory of the game isn't as clear.

You will not have a majorly different experience no. The big story beats will happen generally the same way. Some sequences can happen pretty differently and their are plenty of small differences regarding character interactions, but I'd suggest waiting till October when it'll be on sale for sure.

You will not have a majorly different experience no. The big story beats will happen generally the same way. Some sequences can happen pretty differently and their are plenty of small differences regarding character interactions, but I'd suggest waiting till October when it'll be on sale for sure.

That's good enough for me, especially since it's like half the price of a full game at the moment.

I am not a big fan of TotalBiscuit's views on a lot of things (most of which were expressed through social media originally!), but bringing them up in a thread with that context seems in poor taste.

Some people are not very self-aware. Pointing it out makes them even less self-aware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF32DRg9opA

Edit: and yeah, today's BEAST was yet another exercise in frustration if you know where the problem is. I'm happy they landed on the moon but there are so many simple things that made what could have been a massively successful landing a kind of weird one.

I'm here for the humor from the failing. Remember how the Dan vs Punch Out series turned out? :p

Haunted

we get it, people don't like MGSV
I think it's the best Metal Gear Solid game, but between Dan's shitty advice and the repetitive mission design, it hasn't made for the best Let's Play.

There's real tension in knowing that your characters are vulnerable and can die fairly early (earlier than in GB East''s playthrough), but the makeup of the scenes and the story beats do not change.

Wanted to pop in and say Mario Sunshine was awful. Peace!

2771716-7643668625-NT7vo.gif

from my viewpoint, it seems like vinny's current biggest stumbling point is the initial kerbin orbit. he spends a lot of fuel making clumsy orbits and they're usually off-axis to the point that it makes his Mun approaches have unnecessarily narrow windows.

of course that then brings up the question of "how does he get into better orbits when his ships are big floppy dicks/vape pens that wiggle all over the place" without going all the way back to the drawing board

and then there's the implication that some crazy shit has already happened in episodes that aren't released yet

this zoo's got nooo limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom