• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

Team Bat guy looks like he's trying to hold his ground, not kill the stick guy.

I'm still of the opinion all Team Bat has to do is knock the knife from the other guys hand and thats GG.

Haunted

Speaking of party/board games, Monopoly on PS4 seems surprisingly competent and well produced.

The GT crew plays it now and then and it's a hoot every time.

Haunted

But can you bribe the banker with a can of beer?
A small price to pay for it automatically taking care of all the math. :p

It also has auction and trade systems which must be used quite frequently and forces the all important social interaction.

Something the newer Nintendo Party games have seem to forgotten completely. You could go through a game of Amiibo Crossing Festival without ever interacting or talking to any of your other players. Garbage game design.

Xater

heard it's pretty unfair and has mixed reviews in Steam. totally will avoid it.

So it's not well balanced? That's a shame. I could see that happening for a small game like this though. To make something like this work well you need a lot of testing to make the balance work.

Dineren

Banned
heard it's pretty unfair and has mixed reviews in Steam. totally will avoid it.

I was watching Will Smith stream it while one of the devs was in chat and according to him it's possible to get to a point where you can regularly beat it. It sounds like luck will always play a pretty big role, but there is apparently a lot of strategy involved that can mitigate the rng.

You should show yourself out, friend.

Fucking hell.

youre the best

RltMwlN.gif

Fireblend

Banned
They also talked a bit about Tharsis in last week's Idle Weekend (started listening to it after Danielle's Beastcast appearance) and yeah, Tharsis sounds pretty broken and frustrating. Too bad since it sounds like a cool game, and now that I'm looking at it it doesn't look half bad, just terribly unsatisfying.

Jeff is going to hate The Division

I haven't seen anything of it yet but if it's like R6 which leans onto the more realistic side (slow movements, constant teamwork.etc) then yes, he's going to hate it. I hope it is because I have an itch for tactical shooters and I'm still playing R6 from time to time, great ass game and February should have new FREE DLC which isn't something of the norm.

On another note, I got The Witness a few hours ago and that's still downloading. Can't wait to check it out.

i cant wait for jeff and brad to take 6-8 hours doing division raids for our amusement.

also, did Dan ever return to the Swindle? They made the endgame less shitty so he should be able to finish it if he hasn't already

Xater

i cant wait for jeff and brad to take 6-8 hours doing division raids for our amusement.

also, did Dan ever return to the Swindle? They made the endgame less shitty so he should be able to finish it if he hasn't already

I'm pretty sure The Division doesn't have raids. It seems the current endgame is all about the dark zone.

SomberOwl

Is anyone else getting tired of all shooters becoming online only or co-op focused? Can't I just get a good single player shooter experience anymore.

I don't have anyone to play with unless I go looking online.

I was really hoping HomeFront would just be "Far Cry but in a city" but now it's getting co-op. I hope it's just an optional mode that isn't a big part of the game. And I really hope they don' t shove some trophies/achievements in there. I can' t stand co-op trophies/achievements where I have to rely on other people.

Xater

Is anyone else getting tired of all shooters becoming online only or co-op focused? Can't I just get a good single player shooter experience anymore.

I don't have anyone to play with unless I go looking online.

I was really hoping HomeFront would just be "Far Cry but in a city" but now it's getting co-op. I hope it's just an optional mode that isn't a big part of the game. And I really hope they don' t shove some trophies/achievements in there. I can' t stand co-op trophies/achievements where I have to rely on other people.

Not really. I played most of Destiny alone and had fun. Story missions never require partners and that's usually still more than enough content. I expect the same from The Division. Or just play with random people, I have no problem with doing that either. I enjoy a good singleplayer shooter but it has to be real good to grab me. Also whne I played Homefront at Gamescom it felt like a low rent Far Cry rip-off. I wouldn't get my hopes up for this one.

Just bought The Witness based on Brad's review and more specifically the tweet talking about playing the game with someone else in the same room. Really enjoy getting to hear him take his time to thoughtfully speak about a game that he enjoys, can't wait to hear from Brad on the Bombcast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom