• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I started a new job yesterday.

Maybe now I can buy the Witness and not feel guilty about spending the money.

This was exactly how I felt when I started my current job the week The Last of Us came out. It's a great feeling to spend $60 (or even $40) and not feel like you're risking starvation. Congrats!

jaina

Random question: Is Ghost Trick worth the ~12 hour investment? Is the iPad version good?
Yes (I loved the DS version)

Cool I'll start it up during my break tomorrow. Also since you seem to be familiar with such titles. I've been interested in getting either a Professor Layton or Ace Attorney game for my N3DS. What would be the best place to jump in?
If you like chill puzzles in a charming package, try Layton 1, 3 or 4.
(1 and 4 are the start of a trilogy, that doesn't matter much though. 4 has a bit more refined mechanics obviously. 3 is the best story)

But I'd rather have you try Ace Attorney 1 first. Fun characters, interesting cases, great overarching story, the music, ..

Hey everyone. I started a new job yesterday.
woohoo awesome. I hope it'll be fun!

If you like chill puzzles in a charming package, try Layton 1, 3 or 4.
(1 and 4 are the start of a trilogy, that doesn't matter much though. 4 has a bit more refined mechanics obviously. 3 is the best story)

So Layton 2 is the bad one, then? I loooved the first game, but couldn't force my way through 2 after multiple times returning to it.

jaina

So Layton 2 is the bad one, then? I loooved the first game, but couldn't force my way through 2 after multiple times returning to it.
no perfectly fine IMHO. But I can totally understand your feeling. The Curious Village was the only one I finished within days.
I'm often playing the games with long breaks, over several months. And don't care for the minigames or collectibles. Still haven't played the latest (Azran).

popo

It also has auction and trade systems which must be used quite frequently and forces the all important social interaction.

The auction thing is straight from the board game. You are supposed to auction every unclaimed location anyone lands on, if the person landing declines to buy it. It makes the game go so much faster. It is usually ignored by families playing and then they complain that the games go on forever.

The ios/android version is decent too. Got it for 10p in a sale. The AI is busted on even the hardest difficulty level. It will happily trade with you to complete colour sets - even at the expense of gifting you the most valuable properties in the game.

Haunted

The auction thing is straight from the board game. You are supposed to auction every unclaimed location anyone lands on, if the person landing declines to buy it. It makes the game go so much faster. It is usually ignored by families playing and then they complain that the games go on forever.
That's exactly what happened with my family. I've played Monopoly my whole life and never heard about that rule before I watched the GT stream.

It's such a smart rule. Clueless parents setting up house rules. :mad:

You can tell how much Brad has been bursting at the seams to talk about The Witness by all the spoiler-tagged posts he's making in the OT.

I played about an hour's worth this morning and already had several "oh shit, that's wild" moments.

I wanna play it

But gamestop hasn't sent me a DL code I ordered from their site, pending a 12 hour review ._.;

The pain

Well I have to go to the dmv in an hour, so everything is OK!

You can tell how much Brad has been bursting at the seams to talk about The Witness by all the spoiler-tagged posts he's making in the OT.

I played about an hour's worth this morning and already had several "oh shit, that's wild" moments.

It makes me hope he's interested in doing some kind of spoilercast at some point to just talk about it with the rest of the guys.

Cool people drink it black, though a little sugar can go a long way.

Ugh, coffee is so gross.

godot-deskslam-mug.gif

justjim89

I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm a bum and have never had a job, but I've always found a cold glass of orange juice is all I need to wake up early and get going.

Maybe you've only had bad coffee. Ever had aeropress-made coffee?

That's real good, but it's not real coffee until you get it right off the vine from the next mountain over.

... My research in Costa Rica was fueled by literal fresh coffee.

The only downside to coffee is the horrible things it does to your digestive system.

LiK

I don't know, maybe it's just because I'm a bum and have never had a job, but I've always found a cold glass of orange juice is all I need to wake up early and get going.

heh, when you have a full time job in the future, you'll come to appreciate the godly drink known as coffee. I only drink one small cup a day.

Bowlie

Banned
See, that's one thing I approve in NuDan.

I remember haaaaating it beer as a kid, fucking horrible. Now it's whatever (still can't drink malt beer tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom