• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

Jeff's Tumblr is still the best.

JCfBQTj.png

Oh snap, what's good Musubi?

Strax

heh, when you have a full time job in the future, you'll come to appreciate the godly drink known as coffee. I only drink one small cup a day.

Coffee drinkers and smokers are in sooo many cases terrible co-workers because they are always holding my damn time hostage. "I'm just going out for a smoke" or "I'm getting a new cup of coffee, I'll be right back" and we can't start meetings.

The worst is when I'm on a film set and its a smoke breaks at least every two hours or people can't focus. So in 12 hour shoot maybe 45 mins go towards smoke breaks.

Edit.

Wrote smoke breaks first but then changed it to brakes.
SMH

Coffee drinkers and smokers are in sooo many cases terrible co-workers because they are always holding my damn time hostage. "I'm just going out for a smoke" or "I'm getting a new cup of coffee, I'll be right back" and we can't start meetings.

The worst is when I'm on a film set and its a smoke brake at least every two hours or people can't focus. So in 12 hour shoot maybe 45 mins go towards smoke brakes.

That just sounds like horrible fucking people. You have a time for a meeting you be there for that damn meeting at that time

LiK

The worst is when I'm on a film set and its a smoke brake at least every two hours or people can't focus. So in 12 hour shoot maybe 45 mins go towards smoke brakes.

smoke breaks are the biggest scams.

smoke breaks are the biggest scams.

I work with some people that complain when their time on the clock get's scrutinized, but then they'll take half hour smoke brakes every two hours while we're only supposed to get two 15 minute breaks in a day. I wonder why your time gets scrutinized?!

do you think if the people in tharsis smoked they would have had a better time on the space ship

Going by smokers maybe they'd have less stress? But I don't think I've ever met a smoker that doesn't look stressed as hell while smoking.

Frith

smoke breaks are where all the decisions get made you owe it to you carrier to take up smoking!

i've quit now but over the years i have often talked through some lighting problem or new way to shoot something while standing out side slowly killing myself with the director or dp.

bigkrev

My friends who cannot function without 2 cups of coffee a day tell me i'm killing myself because I occasionally have a 5 hour energy.

People don't seem to equate being addicted to caffeine as an actual addiction.

daveo42

Banned
Smoke breaks are pretty bad, plus they smell up the area outside near their "butt hutt"

Ugh, coffee is so gross. Why bother drinking something so bitter and unpalatable that you have to add all this shit to it?

Good coffee doesn't need anything added to it and it's relatively easy to brew a good cup at home with next to no effort.

kvk1

vapers don't take breaks but you cant find them in the cloud

Do vapors need a break? I mean the point is to get the smokers away from everyone so that second hand smoke isn't a problem.

Oh, I see.

Yeah, I don't know how any of that works.

A lesser known streamer I admire on Twitch has taken to the stuff. He used to stream Elite: Dangerous in the evenings but the other day he spent a few hours reviewing different vape liquids and talked about wanting to create a website for his scores.

I haven't felt such betrayal and deep disappointment in a long time.

Fireblend

Banned
Yuck, coffee. Here in Costa Rica everyone requires the stuff to function. I've never been able to drink it and whenever I do it's like 75% milk.

Natural orange juice is great. don't drink from concentrate or the fake stuff.

if you get enough sleep and don't feel fatigued enough to drink coffee, you are one lucky bro.

I work 50+ hours a week and on a good day I get maybe 6 hrs of uninterrupted sleep, yet I don't drink coffee. Never wanted to have it as a crutch, so I just fight through the tiredness. Honestly once I'm out of bed and moving around I'm good to go. But getting out of bed is hell on earth.

Xater

Oh, I see.

A lesser known streamer I admire on Twitch has taken to the stuff. He used to stream Elite: Dangerous in the evenings but the other day he spent a few hours reviewing different vape liquids and talked about wanting to create a website for his scores.

On some level that is so hilarious.

I have to imagine coffee is a tough thing to enjoy drinking when you start in your 30s like Dan is about to. I love the stuff, but I've been drinking it black since I was around 16 or 17. It's like giving someone a Guinness for their first beer.

Oh, I see.

This sounds like it should be an email into the bombcast....or would it be better suited for the beastcast?

Xater

I have to imagine coffee is a tough thing to enjoy drinking when you start in your 30s like Dan is about to. I love the stuff, but I've been drinking it black since I was around 16 or 17. It's like giving someone a Guinness for their first beer.

I just started recently, it's fine.

daveo42

Banned

I'd relate it to giving someone a very hoppy beer, like Bell's Two Hearted Ale. Harsh to the taste buds if you aren't use to the taste. I started drinking coffee in my 20s and only recently got into good coffee in my late 20s.

daydream

Banned
only really started drinking coffee around a year ago. started with cappuccino/latte macchiato, moved on to cafe latte and espresso macchiato and now i can stomach a regular espresso if i'm in the mood for it. thanks, milk!

i only have about 4-5 cups a week, though, otherwise it's just water and the occasional tea for me

I'm not a big beer drinker but Guinness from the tap taste better than most beers IMO. From the can it's toilet water tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom