• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Austin expands on the guest contributor stuff he mentioned a few weeks back.

This might be my favorite development on the site in quite a while. Seeing who they snag for top 10 game of the year lists is already fun, so I'm all for this being a year-round thing.

Yup, it's cool that we're going to be seeing more written content for the site. I'm also hoping that we see some more writing from the rest of the staff as when they do write something I enjoy reading it.

Patryn

You guys are making me want to play the Witness.

Especially since the voice acting in Divinity is doing everything it can to make me not want to play that game. Holy shit is that entire thing an example of why total voice acting is not always the best idea. Purple prose overdelivered just makes my ears bleed.

Myggen

I thought about it for a sec but I really can't think of a worse idea.
Like, Trump being the emperor of the world is a better idea.

This is me after pitching the "Which GB Member Would Make The Best Dad, Ranked" idea to Austin:

ZuXIn8w.gif

justjim89

You guys are making me want to play the Witness.

Especially since the voice acting in Divinity is doing everything it can to make me not want to play that game. Holy shit is that entire thing an example of why total voice acting is not always the best idea. Purple prose overdelivered just makes my ears bleed.

The dog's voice didn't match the voice the dog had in my head, and I almost uninstalled the game because of it.

Tubobutts

New people sounds scary. I hope there is someone on the internet I can complain.

The quick and easy dinner suggestion on this can of chili is "Just pour over cornbread"

FluxWaveZ

Maybe they recorded the Bombcast today.

Edit: Wait, I know they did. That was covered in the last page. Short term memory strikes again.

justjim89

The quick and easy dinner suggestion on this can of chili is "Just pour over cornbread"

I love chili.

I love cornbread.

I really don't like cornbread in chili. It just dissolves into mushy little bits of cornmeal. And if the cornbread is sweetened to any degree, it clashes with the spices in the chili.

The perfect chili companion are chili cheese Fritos or Goldfish crackers. The crunch of a cracker plus a good cheesy flavor.

Bowlie

Banned
Speaking of The Witness I just read the Gamasutra article by Deanna Van Buren of FOURM design studio about how Jonathan Blow enlisted the collaboration between her architecture studio and landscape architects to contribute to the world of The Witness. Because of the game is pretty much the puzzles and the world it makes sense that Blow would capitalize on their talents to imbue the game's scarce story into the structures and landmass.

Interesting read if you're into architecture or world/level design. She also talks about architecture in the context of other video games and their relative successes or failures.

Potential spoilers though.

Read until I found location descriptions I'd like to see it for myself first. So far it was very insightful; thanks, ren!

Tubobutts

I love chili.

I love cornbread.

I really don't like cornbread in chili. It just dissolves into mushy little bits of cornmeal. And if the cornbread is sweetened to any degree, it clashes with the spices in the chili.

The perfect chili companion are chili cheese Fritos or Goldfish crackers. The crunch of a cracker plus a good cheesy flavor.

I made chili cheese nachos, but I do have goldfish. I'll try that tomorrow.

i hope the bombcast is out soon so I can listen to it today.

hey guys i bought a thing of shin cup because it was a dollar and I'm a college freshman with no money and I have a question about preparation: is it worth it to get all fancy with cooking the noodles in boiling water or is it bascially the same as just throwing the thing in the microwave with cold water?

to tie this into giant bomb i'm waiting until the bombcast is posted to make it.

Haunted

Three grown men doing their best and not making huge mistakes and still they barely make it even halfway through one run of Tharsis on the easiest difficulty setting.

At what point does a game legitimately become too hard and its designers need to rethink the balancing?

dhlt25

hey guys i bought a thing of shin cup because it was a dollar and I'm a college freshman with no money and I have a question about preparation: is it worth it to get all fancy with cooking the noodles in boiling water or is it bascially the same as just throwing the thing in the microwave with cold water?

to tie this into giant bomb i'm waiting until the bombcast is posted to make it.

if you not gonna add egg and veggies just microwave that shit. Taste the same

Myggen

Three grown men doing their best and not making huge mistakes and still they barely make it even halfway through one run of Tharsis on the easiest difficulty setting.

At what point does a game legitimately become too hard and its designers need to rethink the balancing?

Tharsis looks unfair. I like hard games, but when I feel that they become unfair is the moment I check out.

Haunted

Tharsis looks unfair. I like hard games, but when I feel that they become unfair is the moment I check out.
I can see that it's hard to design PvE dice based games with the possible variance if you're rolling up to 5(!) dice at a time, I think they just didn't manage to find the right balance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom