• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the bombcast, it's great hearing such excited discussion about a new game. Hopefully they do a spoiler free discussion at some point.

daydream

Banned
maybe more than anything else, it is tekken 7 that makes me want a ps4 atm. love that series and the new one is shaping up brilliantly

Worst thing in the world being on your way to work and listening to the Bombcast gush about a game you can't play for 8 hours...

I don't know what I was expecting from the OT but man, it looks like it just became people looking for help and straight up posting solutions. Kind of a bummer.

Myggen

Worst thing in the world being on your way to work and listening to the Bombcast gush about a game you can't play for 8 hours...

I don't know what I was expecting from the OT but man, it looks like it just became people looking for help and straight up posting solutions. Kind of a bummer.

I'm sure that that's what most puzzle game OTs become eventually.

I really hope that XCOM 2 grabs them half as much as EU did,I really enjoy hearing the long bombcast discussions about a single game.

It's brutal, because of the discussion I'm now sitting here trying to figure out the rules for some of the puzzles I was unsure about yesterday.

I'm sure that that's what most puzzle game OTs become eventually.

Yeah, I could also see it being more likely the more people get into it.

I really hope that XCOM 2 grabs them half as much as EU did,I really enjoy hearing the long bombcast discussions about a single game.

It's brutal, because of the discussion I'm now sitting here trying to figure out the rules for some of the puzzles I was unsure about yesterday.

Same. There are two puzzles on doors next to each other that I keep racking my brain about, but I just don't think I have the knowledge to figure it out yet.

I mean, I don't really know what else I would visit the thread for?

I swear that yesterday the quick look for Darkest Dungeon was labeled as The Darkest Dungeon. Have I gone insane?
Yes you have. Doesn't matter what the label was.

Yeah, I'm not really sure. Maybe trying to piece together bigger mysteries like Fez seemingly was? I really don't know. I was more just wanting to torture myself by looking at the thread while at work, but I don't just want to see solutions. So it's more just me bitching.

Same. There are two puzzles on doors next to each other that I keep racking my brain about, but I just don't think I have the knowledge to figure it out yet.

There's a puzzle on the fence near the destroyed building that Brad and Jeff went to in the QL and it's killing me trying to figure it out.

I think you can help people by giving hints rather than just giving an answer, especially when that doesn't help them in the long run.

Haunted

I swear that yesterday the quick look for Darkest Dungeon was labeled as The Darkest Dungeon. Have I gone insane?
p7HVIQW.gif

get off those pills son

Patryn

You guys are determined to get me to buy this game arn't you. Geez!

Yeah, this thread already broke me.

That and Divinity doing everything it can to make me want to not like it.

The crazy thing is that I'm not the biggest fan of puzzle games.

But then I went and solved a random puzzle that used a mechanic I hadn't been introduced to yet, and I felt great. Of course, it was a dead simple mechanic, so not TOO smart.

I think I might know which two puzzles you're talking about. I'm pretty sure one of them is literally impossible based on my current understanding of the mechanics, so either I'm missing something or my understanding is wrong!

I think I might know which two puzzles you're talking about. I'm pretty sure one of them is literally impossible based on my current understanding of the mechanics, so either I'm missing something or my understanding is wrong!

Yup that's the one's I'm talking about I think. There's another mechanic to that one that I think I understand, but it's only through trial and error and I still don't know how to actually do it. So I think it's not supposed to be solved yet.

Xater

I just want to let you guys know about the best hashtag going right now tha tis making waves. I am sure GB fans can get behind this:

bildschirmfoto2016-01juu3e.png

Xater

duuuuuude

that would be THE BEST

Yuuuuup!

I'd also be up for a sequel. Anything to let From make another mech game. I am actually surprised there isn't a thread yet on GAF about this. You'd think there are enough weird people like us on here to be super excited about this idea.

Edit: I spoke too soon. Now there is one.

LiK

Yuuuuup!

I'd also be up for a sequel. Anything to let From make another mech game. I am actually surprised there isn't a thread yet on GAF about this. You'd think there are enough weird people like us on here to be super excited about this idea.

I do miss a bit of old FROM before they were stuck doing Souls. Ninja Blade is another highly underrated gem. it's actually more like God of War than Ninja Gaiden and has some of the most hilarious over-the-top QTE moments. at least NB is on Steam.

omgkitty

Glad to see all of them had issues with the exact same area I did last night. I did like half the puzzles before I realized I had no idea what I was doing and couldn't get any further. Thought about asking for help, but after listening I'm totally going to keep to myself.

Jothel

Spoilers involving the "audio logs"
Yeah, my wife was loving playing the game along with me but then I got to that and she was instantly bored.

yep, was playing with my wife and family and had to translate it into Japanese, which yeah....
just found the fast travel system... well, automated travel

Fireblend

Banned
Ugh, I want to buy and play The Witness so bad but I have to finish Steins;Gate first. I'll try to finish it today, but I'm like 3 chapters away still and I insist on getting every ending. The talk about The Witness everywhere is wrecking me D:

LiK

Ugh, I want to buy and play The Witness so bad but I have to finish Steins;Gate first. I'll try to finish it today, but I'm like 3 chapters away still and I insist on getting every ending. The talk about The Witness everywhere is wrecking me D:

from one mind fuck to another. I like you.

I've played the demo. it's kind of just a silly OTT arcade shooter but the whole package is something pretty special

it definitely bears more than a passing resemblance to Vanquish in some ways

I think my stopping point last night might be the exact spot Drew talked about on the Bombcast. Got four puzzles in a string no problem, and then the fifth seemed to reveal that I didn't actually know the logic of this puzzle sequence. What a great fucking game, I can't wait to get home and keep playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom