• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Alex running Darkest Dungeon was unexpected. Even Austin and Vinny sounded surprised when he said he had 60 hours in the game. I guess this depressing horror dungeon crawl does fit right in his wheelhouse though, next to sports games, terrible games, and all things terminally adorable.

LiK

Alex running Darkest Dungeon was unexpected. Even Austin and Vinny sounded surprised when he said he had 60 hours in the game. I guess this depressing horror dungeon crawl does fit right in his wheelhouse though, next to sports games, terrible games, and all things terminally adorable.

he did the Unfinished way back so might as well get him back for the QL. kinda glad cuz I was just watching the UF a few days ago.

Frith

Regarding that puzzle (Sleeping Lesson don't read this!!!)

You just look at the panel from the other side, right? So it lines up with the palm trees. Not sure what "execution" has to do with it.

this one was one of my big goosebump moments so each to there own

the previous rock one and this opened up the whole game for me its kinda the point of everything after. i was stuck for a short while but found the angle shift then spent ages trying the wrong way on the palm trees and nothing would line up (but also it was clear that it wasn't close to lining up) walking round the back was just like, fuuuuuck ok game everything is fair game lets fucking do this. been blasting everything since it put my mind to the right level of lateral think the game has wanted thus far. learning how to learn is what makes it great i fucking love this

Patryn

This was more my issue. Even though I had more trouble with the palm trees than the rocks, but I kept feeling like I was supposed to stand in a specific spot that I couldn't find.

That was my exact problem. I knew what the solution was, but finding the exact right spot to stand in was tough. I figured out the trick right away, but I got so frustrated trying to line things up that I walked away and came back later.

And then you solve it and nothing happens (that I've seen thus far). Hooray!

neshcom

Banned
That was my exact problem. I knew what the solution was, but finding the exact right spot to stand in was tough. I figured out the trick right away, but I got so frustrated trying to line things up that I walked away and came back later.

This confused me too, but I have a feeling it does matter in some capacity. Unfortunately, I finished it before finishing the "end" of that island, so I'm not 100%.

I felt like that was almost like a tutorial showing us to use perspective, just sort of being wrapped up in Symmetry? I could be wrong and it could do something down the road, but this is just what I thought of when completely it. That just seemed like a obvious and open place to make the point.

Patryn

I felt like that was almost like a tutorial showing us to use perspective, just sort of being wrapped up in Symmetry? I could be wrong and it could do something down the road, but this is just what I thought of when completely it. That just seemed like a obvious and open place to make the point.

You're probably right. I'm barely past that point, so I don't know if it comes into play later.

back in my day, a fire emblem was a strange thing that somehow appeared in a smash brother game, a strange thing into itself

now it's all "let me touch my fire emblem" and "i want to marry all of the fire emblems" and i remember back when people called this thing a great experience post-xcom.

this is what happens when you anime your good games. bad things happen

Bowlie

Banned
back in my day, a fire emblem was a strange thing that somehow appeared in a smash brother game, a strange thing into itself

now it's all "let me touch my fire emblem" and "i want to marry all of the fire emblems" and i remember back when people called this thing a great experience post-xcom.

this is what happens when you anime your good games. bad things happen

you're joking, but at least in Awakening the relationship system had a solid gameplay use. The children would gain stats, skills and classes from their parents. It was a enjoyable way to minmax your characters while at the same time giving them some development (cause the plot sure as hell don't help you with this).

In this one though I don't know what marriage does, besides buffs in battle.

edit: and the rumour turned out to be fake?

FluxWaveZ

clearly the "petting anime characters" community is just as oppressed and valid as the LGBTQ if not moreso, based on the responses

Both forms of content are not equivalent in the least, that is true. But there is such a thing as a slippery slope. My position has always been that reinforcing and approving publishers to cut content can be a dangerous path, leading to the omission of other forms of "sensitive subject matter" that might be offensive to a perceived audience that would or would not purchase the game.

I think the fact that this started with dumb crap like face touching and drugging blurs the potential issue in a bad way.

Edit: Though, this was all fake, so that's a good ending.

Tubobutts

Someone made something up on the internet? Who would do such a thing?

People who want us all to realize that touching anime is a right not a privilege.

Oh wow I just realized that if people get so upset about the removal of anime touching they might cancel their SE preorders and I can buy one.

Everything's coming up me.

I want to die.

it's always been weird to me the extent with which some people define themselves as people by the media they consume.

Darkest Dungeon is an interesting game that I want nothing to do with myself.

Oh wow I just realized that if people get so upset about the removal of anime touching they might cancel their SE preorders and I can buy one.

Everything's coming up me.

call of duty boycott.jpg

but yeah if some copies did suddenly free up I'd totally order one

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I did an image search for anime shaming because that has to turn up something terrible right?

Turns out it's the pokemon version of those pet shaming pictures where people with too much time write a message and pin it to their dog.

Xater

it's always been weird to me the extent with which some people define themselves as people by the media they consume.

Darkest Dungeon is an interesting game that I want nothing to do with myself.

I bought it in Early Access because the idea excited me and played it only for two hours because I wanted to wait for the full game. I started playing the full game and I am not that into it. It's way too stressful and RNG heavy. It sometimes feels like there was no way any form of tactical thinking could save me from a situation and sometimes that can even fuck you up long term.

I am still waiting for something to fill this XCOM void in me, but sadly that won't be XCOm 2 because there will be no console version.

Still sucks that I'm getting some of the tiny gay content cut from game because people deemed it "creepy"

well, i mean, be mad at nintendo for implementing it in a way that caused it to be received that way. sorry. if it wasn't nintendo (who never learns lessons about anything) I'd say maybe it would tell them to do a better job next time.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wait...today's Wednesday? What happened to Tuesday? There was presumably a Bombcast right? A month is officially too long to be unemployed...

well, i mean, be mad at nintendo for implementing it in a way that caused it to be received that way. sorry. if it wasn't nintendo (who never learns lessons about anything) I'd say maybe it would tell them to do a better job next time.
I would be inclined to if I could experience it first hand but I can't.
Sorry, this isn't the thread for this.

Wait...today's Wednesday? What happened to Tuesday? There was presumably a Bombcast right? A month is officially too long to be unemployed...

I've been working from home for almost a week now (and haven't been able to leave before today) and time has already lost all meaning.

I was unemployed for about 5 months a number of years ago and that was rough on so many levels

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've been working from home for almost a week now (and haven't been able to leave before today) and time has already lost all meaning.

I was unemployed for about 5 months a number of years ago and that was rough on so many levels

I went out with someone and told her that I had gone to a concert last weekend, not realizing "last weekend" was actually a Tuesday. I'd already told her what I actually did over the weekend previously so it kicked off just a great conversation.

I'm at the point where I'm at least somewhat comfortable realizing I'm not ever going to become more of an adult and will always need to periodically ask somebody more responsible what day it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom