• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

You duders weren't kidding about Invisible Inc. It's very good.

I'm going to shame myself and admit even Beginner difficulty is giving me a run for my money. A lot of that is just learning the ins and outs of the system. Another part of that was I didn't understand how Draco worked and he's now extremely underpowered since I don't use lethal weapons (extremely limited ammo puts me off).

danm999

WELL WHY THE FUCK NOT AFTER ALL AT THE END OF LIGHTNING RETURNS;

SHE DOES END UP IN FRANCE OF ALL PLACES.

God that game. This is a pretty weird move though. I suppose there's a big cross over between Final Fantasy and Louis Vuitton?

Haha Jesus people in that thread are so weirdly salty about the whole thing.

Lighten up fellas.

I mean, those games have basically been fashion shows for years given how much you can dress up Lightning and Serah. Seems silly to be mad about the cross promotion.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You kind of make me really want to get LR now. I dunno, I just like it when dressing up is a major factor in a game.

OK to play if I've never played the previous 2 games?

danm999

You kind of make me really want to get LR now. I dunno, I just like it when dressing up is a major factor in a game.

Its kind of a giant wrap up for the trilogy so you might want to at least watch a summary of the first two games.

And yeah she wears tons of dresses and outfits and stuff its how the class based stuff works. Like FFX-2 if you've played that.

Megasoum

Banned
I've been watching Jeff/Dan/Ryan play Famicom and Super Famicom games on the site for a couple of days now and it kinda makes me want to get an emulator and a bunch of roms... I want to play some RBI Baseball and Ken Griffey Jr on the SNES.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I also want to play x-2. More so than x really. Didn't steam database show them as part of the leaked titles?

I think I prefer my final fantasy to fall flat being silly rather than falling flat trying to be serious.

Which is kinda why I'm more onboard with the j-pop boyband road trip of XV.

WELL WHY THE FUCK NOT AFTER ALL AT THE END OF LIGHTNING RETURNS;

SHE DOES END UP IN FRANCE OF ALL PLACES.

God that game. This is a pretty weird move though. I suppose there's a big cross over between Final Fantasy and Louis Vuitton?

I hear Lighting Returns got pretty weird but what?

She ends up in actual Earth France and not weird Final Fantasy world France?

Joeku

I'm going to shame myself and admit even Beginner difficulty is giving me a run for my money. A lot of that is just learning the ins and outs of the system. Another part of that was I didn't understand how Draco worked and he's now extremely underpowered since I don't use lethal weapons (extremely limited ammo puts me off).

You'll get it soon enough. It's so damn good. Just keep going.

demidar

Its kind of a giant wrap up for the trilogy so you might want to at least watch a summary of the first two games.

And yeah she wears tons of dresses and outfits and stuff its how the class based stuff works. Like FFX-2 if you've played that.

It's not like playing the first 2 games will help :V

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent

My advice is really to do Deckard/Internationale runs until you feel comfortable. Deckard has a get out of jail free card and Internationale's ability to scout for nearby electronics eases the difficulty of the information economy. Once you feel yourself getting confident with movement practices and creative solutions, branch out big time!

Joeku

My advice is really to do Deckard/Internationale runs until you feel comfortable. Deckard has a get out of jail free card and Internationale's ability to scout for nearby electronics eases the difficulty of the information economy. Once you feel yourself getting confident with movement practices and creative solutions, branch out big time!

Yeah, pretty much this. Internationale seems useless until you realize drawing power wirelessly is super useful on harder levels.

And I don't know if it's truly random but Deckard gets an additional modification that is incredibly useful most of the time, at least based on my runs.

danm999

I hear Lighting Returns got pretty weird but what?

She ends up in actual Earth France and not weird Final Fantasy world France?

The new world God creates for them at the end of the game (before they kill him, looks like this;

latest

And then there's this final scene of Lightning going to a station in what looks like the French countryside where all the signs are in French.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7yBfzdCgDo

It's mental.

The new world God creates for them at the end of the game (before they kill him, looks like this;

latest

And then there's this final scene of Lightning going to a station in what looks like the French countryside where all the signs are in French.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7yBfzdCgDo

It's mental.

I really appreciated how mental that game got. I hated FFXIII as a stand alone game when I first played it, but XIII-2 and Lightning Returns make the trilogy work for me. It's fucking crazy, and that's what I liked about it.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I'd rather the Lightning trilogy didn't exist at all, but seeing as it does I'm glad that they fucking went for it because the ending to LR is some weird shit. Plus the sequels do actually have some creative spark, even if I don't personally enjoy them.

Alfredo

You can ignore the story and still have a blast with Lightning Returns.

I only played XIII and skipped XIII-2, so I had no idea what was happening in the main story of Lightning Returns, and it's one of my favorite games of that year.

[December 2013]
Jeff: "I used an Xbox One to watch wrestling just last night."
Alex: "How did that make you feel?"
Jeff: "I got to say 'Xbox, skip forward, skip forward, skip forward, skip forward...'"

danm999

I really appreciated how mental that game got. I hated FFXIII as a stand alone game when I first played it, but XIII-2 and Lightning Returns make the trilogy work for me. It's fucking crazy, and that's what I liked about it.

I really liked XIII-2 actually, I kind of disliked the shift back to Lightning all is lost refocus of Lightning Returns.

Bowlie

Banned
I also want to play x-2. More so than x really. Didn't steam database show them as part of the leaked titles?

I think I prefer my final fantasy to fall flat being silly rather than falling flat trying to be serious.

Which is kinda why I'm more onboard with the j-pop boyband road trip of XV.

Yes, it showed both of them.

And that's why I like the idea of this trilogy, its games made good on the nonsense I'm seeing glimpses of in FFXIII.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

I just listened to that 2h podcast someone linked earlier with Jamie Cheng and they want you to play "Beginner". They even renamed it, since people didn't want to pick "Easy", what it was called earlier.

That Poly Bridge QL is still not on Youtube.

Plasma

Banned
So I just resubscribed to premium after it ran out today and I was able to sign up to yearly for the first time with Paypal (Before you could do it via Paypal but it was a manual process through the store) and once I was done it took me to a page congratulating me with an audio message and confetti coming down the page. I still love how dumb this site is in all the right ways.

So I just resubscribed to premium after it ran out today and I was able to sign up to yearly for the first time with Paypal (Before you could do it via Paypal but it was a manual process through the store) and once I was done it took me to a page congratulating me with an audio message and confetti coming down the page. I still love how dumb this site is in all the right ways.

It's a girl!

danm999

I will never get the whole GOTY thing.

It seems to unnecessary.

We are all just sacks of meat rotting on our way to oblivion.

The luckiest, most loved and respected of us get either shoved in a relatively shallow hole or burned up in a fire and stuck in a cheap metal container.

So Mario Maker or Phantom Pain? I don't have all day here for you to decide.

Jintor

honestly the story stuff really rekt phantom pain in my memory a lot. i enjoyed my time playing it but just looking back... ugh.

at least mgs4 was entertainingly batshit

Zaph

Revengeance is currently £4.99 - know what I'm doing for the next couple days. Hopefully I'll forget enough by the time Drew and Dan get around to playing it.

jaina

I bought it in a sale 2 years ago. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but "played" all other MGS games since.... What a shame.
Upside: I'll consume a regular healthy dose of Bayo 2, Wonderful 101, Revengeance and DMC4SE over the next years.

So Mario Maker or Phantom Pain? I don't have all day here for you to decide.

I'm still thinking the consensus pick is MGSV. Most Marino maker convos are two way between Dan and Jeff. Also beast cast has never talked about playing the game once. Jeff and Dan talking about Mario maker a crazy amount recently also make me think it didn't win and that they wanna give the game props whenever they can

Aaron

I'm still thinking the consensus pick is MGSV. Most Marino maker convos are two way between Dan and Jeff. Also beast cast has never talked about playing the game once. Jeff and Dan talking about Mario maker a crazy amount recently also make me think it didn't win and that they wanna give the game props whenever they can
I doubt it. MGSV wears out its welcome after twenty hours or so. Not so with Mario Maker.

Xater

You guys are all so much into guessing heir GOTY stuff, I am surprised you didn't set up a betting pool.

I'm playing Lightning Returns right now.

Game is D O P E.

I'll put you on that list of people to never listen to when it comes to games.

I doubt it. MGSV wears out its welcome after twenty hours or so. Not so with Mario Maker.

I have played it for 80 hours and enjoyed all of it. Also they clearly don't think so judging by all their conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom