• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Is Brad going to have to filibuster to get Bloodborne into the Top 10 this year? I can't remember if any other staff members really liked the game all that much.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is Brad going to have to filibuster to get Bloodborne into the Top 10 this year? I can't remember if any other staff members really liked the game all that much.

Pretty sure dan liked it a lot.

Also Jeff actually kinda liked it? So it's got more of a chance than ever before.

Jason kinda meh on it.

Dunno about the beast crew.

IIRC Jason liked it but felt a bit burned out and also Jeff liked the amount he played but never got back to it.

Dan dug it but never went back after that.

Brad himself didn't seem as "hype" about it compared to other souls games (though the DLC seemed to help a bit with that) so i don't think its enough for a "fillbuster" moment tbh

we'll see (hear) though

border

Pretty sure dan liked it a lot.

Also Jeff actually kinda liked it? So it's got more of a chance than ever before.

I remember Jeff talking a bit about playing Bloodborne, but don't really remember him praising it all that much. But then again I don't remember Jeff praising any games this year.

Antiwhippy

I remember Jeff talking a bit about playing Bloodborne, but don't really remember him praising it all that much. But then again I don't remember Jeff praising any games this year.

Mario Maker? Axiom Verge?

Also he played up to the
spider boss
I think and it seemed like he digged what he played.

Antiwhippy

But... do we actually know if he did?

If the last recorded instance of him playing it was on steam wouldn't that be his revisit?

A cursory check at his PSN and Xbox Live account doesn't really show much witchering.

daydream

Banned
finishing up my relisten of last year's gotycasts renewed my desire for a gotg cast (which they talk about at the end of the deliberations)

it would be wholly ridiculous, of course, but man, i can't imagine it not turning out entertaining as hell

I mean have you seen walkway stuff.

A lot of it are pretty garish and bold. Most of it trickles down to something more sensible when it reaches the consumers.

That jacket is fucking fly though. Maybe ditch the shorts and tiara.

i have. garish stuff can be cohesive!

Myggen

But... do we actually know if he did?

If the last recorded instance of him playing it was on steam wouldn't that be his revisit?

A cursory check at his PSN and Xbox Live account doesn't really show much witchering.

No, but I don't really care. I was just pointing out that just checking Steam was flawed.

finishing up my relisten of last year's gotycasts renewed my desire for a gotg cast (which they talk about at the end of the deliberations)

it would be wholly ridiculous, of course, but man, i can't imagine it not turning out entertaining as hell!

I have faith that they'll do that eventually. Jeff specifically has brought it up too many times on-camera, and he is a big proponent of "well you said it out loud, now you have to do it."

Having said that, you'd think they would've done it by now, with the generation in question being gone for over two years now. So I guess maybe it's something they want to do, but never got around to? Either way it's something I've been patiently waiting for ever since they first talked about it, whenever that was.

Any time they talk about Game of the Generation they only mention shit games anyway so I don't care if they do one.

I'd still listen to it and get invested in the process.

Noaloha

Thanks to whoever recommended the Designer Notes podcast. The Rob Pardo episodes are incredible.

You're welcome! I tried maintaining a small thread about the podcast back when it launched and shortly after, but it never lucked into scoring the attention a thread needs to tread water around the front pages.

popo

Periscoping while drunk and then making the videos private in the morning is the new drunk-dialing your ex at 3am.

I will never get the whole GOTY thing.

It seems to unnecessary.

If you stop listening before the last couple of hours - when they get in to the actual arguing and ranking - you can see it as a very long celebration of a year in games. There is usually some discussion for the other awards but nobody really gets silly until the end.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Any time they talk about Game of the Generation they only mention shit games anyway so I don't care if they do one.

The journey is the reward when it comes to that stuff. There's a real chance they could give Burnout Paradise GotG, so you know what to expect.

daydream

Banned

they'd probably have to limit it to consoles, wouldn't they

i could imagine a big hurdle being the fact that they played some of those games a long time ago and would have to go from memory

not like they shy away from vague arguments during the gotycasts, though

You're welcome! I tried maintaining a small thread about the podcast back when it launched and shortly after, but it never lucked into scoring the attention a thread needs to tread water around the front pages.

Do the recent episodes have better audio quality? I remember deleting the feed quite early since I just couldn't listen to it while commuting (or doing anything, really).

Noaloha

Do the recent episodes have better audio quality? I remember deleting the feed quite early since I just couldn't listen to it while commuting (or doing anything, really).

Nope! Sadly, they do not. For the most part they all kinda have a skype call / phone on the coffee table level of production quality.

Curufinwe

Really? I seem to recall beating that boss by standing still and whacking it with Ludwig's Holy Blade for like 45 seconds. It felt like it had glitched or something.

Hah, that was my response, too. It was one of the easier bosses for me. Earlier ones like Father G and Vicar Amelia were much harder.

If you're not above some cheese, you could try repeated plunging attacks from the top level after you take out the Bell ringers.

Really? I always seem to take fall damage shortly followed by flailing limbs or puke.

Really? I seem to recall beating that boss by standing still and whacking it with Ludwig's Holy Blade for like 45 seconds. It felt like it had glitched or something.

I don't know, I have Ludwig's too and I just can't seem to find a good spot to wail on him.

Nah, the Whirligig Saw wins in a landslide.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Kg1_ra9wU&autoplay=1

But have you seen the Moonlight Blade?

daydream

Banned
hqdefault.jpg

has anyone compared this year's gotycast runtime to the previous years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom