• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

I got tickets to pax south for saturday! Anyone know if 1) giant bomb will be there this year and 2) will they do their panel on saturday?

If i remember correctly, last year their panel was friday.. But im hoping im wrong or they change the day to saturday this year.

So since the witcher 3 doesn't prompt you when you're in a new act, I kept thinking I was playing through act one right up until bam, I got the credits.

I just kept asking myself, there can't me more to this, this story really seems like it's wrapping up. I can't imagine where they could take this.

And now it's over, just in time to be my goty. Sorry snake, the witcher 3 kinda killed it. Even its "side ops" are leagues beyond any other game I've played.

Now, onward to undertale.

popo

I got tickets to pax south for saturday! Anyone know if 1) giant bomb will be there this year and 2) will they do their panel on saturday?

If i remember correctly, last year their panel was friday.. But im hoping im wrong or they change the day to saturday this year.

Is that the Texas one? They have not said if they are going or not - but that in itself suggests they will not all be going, given that it is less than a month away.

justjim89

I got lost in Morrowind for a few hours (holy shit unarmed levels up super fast!) and now the Steam store works but the rest is still super fucked?

Myggen

yBC9vqR.png

Thanks. So basically do nothing and hope for the best. Great.

Pretty much, the current assumption is that you should be fine if you didn't access the account page during the period that it was messed up, but we won't know for sure until Valve actually comments.

Edit: Here's the comment that Kotaku got from Valve:

Steam is back up and running without any known issues. As a result of a configuration change earlier today, a caching issue allowed some users to randomly see pages generated for other users for a period of less than an hour. This issue has since been resolved. We believe no unauthorized actions were allowed on accounts beyond the viewing of cached page information and no additional action is required by users.

So I take it the new Beastcast tops last weeks? Because that last one was great.

I dunno why precisely, but the Beastcast has been just amazing at building off of eachother. I'd swear everything was scripted, 'cause it works out so well. Also, the rotating chair of Jeff Bakalars was a genius addition by the East team.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Dude, what the fuck Valve? Also, thanks for people posting info here. I got more out of this thread than the one dedicated to this.

Tubobutts

I enjoyed the new Beastcast. I hope they do more tabletop stuff and bring back Unplugged.

Also if I haven't used steam in over a year and the credit card I have saved is expired it's probably ok right?

Myggen

I enjoyed the new Beastcast. I hope they do more tabletop stuff and bring back Unplugged.

Also if I haven't used steam in over a year and the credit card I have saved is expired it's probably ok right?

Seems like no cc info was leaked, and there's no proof of any purchases being made.

In regards to Steam, I personally saw random people's full Paypal address, the last 4 digits of credit cards, the last four digits of phone numbers, and in depth purchase history. I never went deeper down the hole to see anything else. Not great, but it could be worse.

So since the witcher 3 doesn't prompt you when you're in a new act, I kept thinking I was playing through act one right up until bam, I got the credits.

I just kept asking myself, there can't me more to this, this story really seems like it's wrapping up. I can't imagine where they could take this.

And now it's over, just in time to be my goty. Sorry snake, the witcher 3 kinda killed it. Even its "side ops" are leagues beyond any other game I've played.

Now, onward to undertale.
So which ending did you get?

Myggen

In regards to Steam, I personally saw random people's full Paypal address, the last 4 digits of credit cards, the last four digits of phone numbers, and in depth purchase history. I never went deeper down the hole to see anything else. Not great, but it could be worse.

Yeah, that was the info that was visible. Could do some serious social engineering with that kind of info.

So which ending did you get?

temeria is free again (you can thank me later, Roche), Cerys is a kick ass queen of skellige, Geralt and Yen are off to have relaxed sex in the woods for the rest of their lives, but poor Ciri left to go be an empress : /

I wish I could've made things work with triss since I had hung out with her for two games but gerry's gotta follow his heart.

temeria is free again (you can thank me later, Roche), Cerys is a kick ass queen of skellige, Geralt and Yen are off to have relaxed sex in the woods for the rest of their lives, but poor Ciri left to go be an empress : /

I wish I could've made things work with triss since I had hung out with her for two games but gerry's gotta follow his heart.

I got everything the same except
Ciri is a witcher.

TraBuch

Banned
Is it just me or has Doctor Who kinda faded a bit? Not quality-wise, I wouldn't know because I don't watch it. In the past, I would always try to avoid anything Doctor Who but I would still somehow get it thrown into my face anyways, but now I seem to have no problem avoiding it. I haven't heard anyone mention the show in like two years.

Myggen

/r/giantbomb's GOTY awards

The GB related awards:

Day 3

Duder of the Year [14]
1st Place: Austin Walker - 140 votes
2nd Place: Dan Ryckert - 99 votes
3rd Place: Drew Scanlon - 68 votes
Honorable Mention: Vinny Caravella with 64 votes!

Non-GB Duder of the Year [15]
1st Place: Danny O'Dwyer (GameSpot) - 141 votes
2nd Place: Jeff Bakalar (CNET) - 135 votes
3rd Place: Dave Lang (Iron Galaxy) - 67 votes
Honorable Mention: Patrick Klepek (Kotaku)

Best Quick Look/Unfinished of the Year [16]
1st Place: Contradiction: Spot the Liar! Link[17] - 201 votes
2nd Place: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes Link[18] - 43 votes
3rd Place: Poly Bridge (Unfinished) Link[19] - 33 votes
Honorable Mention: Euro Fishing Link[20]

Best Unprofessional Fridays of the Year [21]
1st Place: 7/2/15 (Thursday Edition, Robot Vinny) Link[22] - 138 votes
2nd Place: 8/21/15 (DMX Goomba comes to life) Link[23] - 85 votes
3rd Place: 10/23/15 (Jeff and the Tricaster) Link[24] - 56 votes
Honorable Mention: 7/24/15 (Creeper Cam 2) Link[25]

Best Premium Feature of the Year [26]
1st Place: Mario Party Party - 150 votes
2nd Place: Metal Gear Scanlon - 76 votes
3rd Place: GBE Playdate - 64 votes
Honorable Mention: Demo Derby

"That's So Dan" Thing of the Year [27]
1st Place: Becoming a professional wrestling manager - 113 votes
2nd Place: Lying about having a child - 65 votes
3rd Place: Yellow Russians - 54 votes
Honorable Mention: Taco Bell Periscope Runs

Best Community Video/Thing of the Year [28]
1st Place: The Rykoning playthrough+periscope Link [29] - 108 votes
2nd Place: Contradiction Audition Tape Link [30] - 72 votes
3rd Place: Best of Giant Bomb 79 - THA HOOP GAWD Link [31] - 61 votes
Honorable Mention: An Analysis of Mario Party Party Link [32]

hamchan

Is it just me or has Doctor Who kinda faded a bit? Not quality-wise, I wouldn't know because I don't watch it. In the past, I would always try to avoid anything Doctor Who but I would still somehow get it thrown into my face anyways, but now I seem to have no problem avoiding it. I haven't heard anyone mention the show in like two years.

It's still one of the BBC's most popular shows on a worldwide basis. Two years ago there was a new Doctor and the 50th anniversary which might explain the increased excitement and news. Now since it's in that in between point there's nothing really newsworthy to say about it. Basically expect things to get thrown in your face again when it's time to reveal the Thirteenth Doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom