• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I can't stay caught up on normal content. This GOTY stuff has gotten out of control. I still haven't watched all of the Extra Life streams.

You don't have to watch/listen to it all.

It's OK to skip crappy stuff like MGS...

...and LiS.

1156.gif

Brakke

Banned
Started the latest GBEASTcast on a dog walk this morning. Fucking Vinny hiding 200lb of cocaine by dipping a costume beard into a bag to soak it up lmao.

AcridMeat

Banned
I was listening to the bombcast before bed and fell asleep before pausing it. How do you guys do this? What the hell part was I on??

Bowlie

Banned
I was listening to the bombcast before bed and fell asleep before pausing it. How do you guys do this? What the hell part was I on??

When I sleep while listening to bombcasts, I always go to WrenchNinja's timestamps after and check the last thing I remember them talking about.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Do all tabletop games consist mostly of awkward, stilted improv?
As much as I like regular Giantbomb content, I never got into their tabletop stuff. The last series of unplugged videos was particularly disappointing after watching the same campaign done by the Gametrailers crew, which was way more natural and entertaining (and also the most enjoyable tabletop podcast/video series I've experienced so far).

Watched all of the Contradiction: Spot the Lair video and that was a good watch.

Crazy swerve in that ending which i'm not entirely sure about but it's also now primed for a sequel.

Jenks and Paul were GOAT, with Ryan rounding out the top 3 and a honorable mention to Emma during her first contradiction

Jabronium

Really? I always seem to take fall damage shortly followed by flailing limbs or puke.

Know I'm a couple hours late coming back to this, but yeah, I one-shot him on the NG+ run I just did by doing that with my Ludwig's 2-handed. Plunging attack and get a couple more hits on him, then high tail it over to the stairs while he does the AoE/puke and repeat. Maybe he just got stuck in an easy move cycle for me.

jaina

Watched all of the Contradiction: Spot the Lair video and that was a good watch.

Crazy swerve in that ending which i'm not entirely sure about but it's also now primed for a sequel.

Jenks and Paul were GOAT, with Ryan rounding out the top 3 and a honorable mention to Emma during her first contradiction
Now for the bonus content:

daydream

Banned
well, jeff's argument for paradise would be interesting, in any case, as he has gone on record saying that the seamless online elements made that game

so, not exactly the most time-resistant experience

online functionality really is extraordinary to think about. consider the instances of art changing in a certain fashion. almost nothing comes to mind here - there's the deterioration of architecture (and "material", in general) but usually, it is we who change

Joeku

If it weren't for Jeff, I'd say they would give it to Red Dead Redemption. Mass Effect 3 probably soured them on 2, at least a little bit.

f0rk

Think I'm going to buy Invisible Inc, does it make any difference if I buy the Continguency Plan DLC straight away?

Know I'm a couple hours late coming back to this, but yeah, I one-shot him on the NG+ run I just did by doing that with my Ludwig's 2-handed. Plunging attack and get a couple more hits on him, then high tail it over to the stairs while he does the AoE/puke and repeat. Maybe he just got stuck in an easy move cycle for me.

I'll give it a shot then. Do you wait for him to try and rear up to your level or just jump down when he's close enough to hit?

Also, Force Awakens, hey that's a pretty good movie Jjabrams put out.

Lelcar

I've probably got Burnout Paradise in my top 5 games all time. Shit's fire.

Absolutely. This sounds crazy, but I honestly feel like Burnout Paradise is like the Super Mario 64 for driving games. When Paradise came out, it was on another level, it opened my eyes to the driving genre in a profound way. Also, it was my first ever Platinum trophy!

santeesioux

Tomb Raider confirmed as a January release on PC. I just started Xenoblade, there's no way I'm going to be done with that by the time TR comes out...

Toparaman

Banned
I will never get the whole GOTY thing.

It seems to unnecessary.

It's just a fun way to celebrate the achievements of the games that came out this year.

It's also interesting to see which games really stuck with people after all the initial hype. For example, GTA V barely registered as a blip in 2013 GOTY discussions on Giant Bomb.

Curufinwe

well, jeff's argument for paradise would be interesting, in any case, as he has gone on record saying that the seamless online elements made that game

so, not exactly the most time-resistant experience

online functionality really is extraordinary to think about. consider the instances of art changing in a certain fashion. almost nothing comes to mind here - there's the deterioration of architecture (and "material", in general) but usually, it is we who change

I could really do without hearing Jeff jerking his nostalgia boner again for the game he obsessed over when he was unemployed. It's not even the best Burnout game.

Truth. Burnout 2, 3 and revenge are all great games.

Paradise is just a slightly better NFS game. Awful open world design, annoying DJ and let's not forget they didn't patch a retry option in until like a year later.

danm999

It's just a fun way to celebrate the achievements of the games that came out this year.

It's also interesting to see which games really stuck with people after all the initial hype. For example, GTA V barely registered as a blip in 2013 GOTY discussions on Giant Bomb.

The GTA V thing was really funny though because Brad lobbied hard against that game being on the list in 2013 and then revealed next year with the next gen versions he hadn't really played it much until then and was enjoying it.

Brad is the master of that process.

He flew too close to the sun with his "DOTA 2 is the most innovative game ever" subsequently though.

Jabronium

I'll give it a shot then. Do you wait for him to try and rear up to your level or just jump down when he's close enough to hit?

I've just waited for him to come to the middle, wait for an opening between his attacks (use the pillars for cover), then go take a dive. Hopefully you find success.

SomberOwl

Do you guys think that the GOTY recap videos will have all of them playing/showcasing the winners of that day like they have in the past? Probably not considering they had no set? It was really great seeing them all revisit games from the year.

justjim89

Content droughts are dangerous. You find yourself saying things like, "I'm gonna spend today learning about TES lore!"

Still not sure what C0DA is. An authorization of fanfiction?

daydream

Banned
I could really do without hearing Jeff jerking his nostalgia boner again for the game he obsessed over when he was unemployed. It's not even the best Burnout game.

well, my point was that i'm doubtful that'd even be what he'd do, at least if it really came down to it

like i said, he's brought up the time-relative nature of the online component before and the fact that the experience is hard to reproduce today

I've just waited for him to come to the middle, wait for an opening between his attacks (use the pillars for cover), then go take a dive. Hopefully you find success.

The fight was stupidly easy with this technique. He crumpled both times and I could get a full charge combo with Ludwig's into his main body. I can't believe I had trouble with him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom