• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it's doubtful that Andromeda's coming out this year.

Oh GOD, that means it'll have been nearly 5 years since the last ME game by that point (likely January-March, in keeping with typical Bioware release strategy).

Oh GOD, that means it'll have been nearly 5 years since the last ME game by that point (likely January-March, in keeping with typical Bioware release strategy).

I have a theory that EA wants to do a Star Wars RPG to go along with their Star Wars TPS and Star Wars FPS and because Bioware has been dragging ass with Mass Effect that they may have approached CDPR with the project, which would explain that really strange EA visit to CDPR that happened last year.

So hopefully my theory is correct and the best thing to come of this isn't a new ME but a new Star Wars RPG from the makers of the Witcher
They can make a Star Wars game after they finish Cyberpunk 2077.

I dont think the Star Wars RPG would take much if they did it as a TW3 reskin. They could totally work on both projects.

Patryn

I know a lot of people are skeptical about ME making it this year, but I honestly think it will make it.

Part of that is that nobody can give any concrete reasons for why they doubt it'll make it beyond gut feeling.

Also, isn't it rumored that the Star Wars game that Henning and Jade Raymond are working on is an action RPG?

There's also the fact that CDPR isn't exactly well known for hitting release dates, either.

Watching the snatcher video and it's a cool game, but idk if I like the idea of them doing a full playthrough. Well I guess it really depends on how long this game is.

Watching the snatcher video and it's a cool game, but idk if I like the idea of them doing a full playthrough. Well I guess it really depends on how long this game is.

there's an LP on youtube that's 5 hours, it probably took me 6-7, some people say longer

I don't really have any interest in a full playthrough unless they commit to having a FAQ handy so they don't just end up using every item on every object and brute forcing the game

Zornack

I know a lot of people are skeptical about ME making it this year, but I honestly think it will make it.

Part of that is that nobody can give any concrete reasons for why they doubt it'll make it beyond gut feeling.

They've shown zero gameplay. DA:I was shown off over a zero prior to release.

Bioware have made a pretty strong case against itself over the last few years, I think, but GB were also really into Inquisition for some reason so who knows.

The can't remember the last time I played 10 games in a year that came out that year. I rely on sales and bundles for most of my purchases.

justjim89

Man, between all the new signings and the Royal Rumble, and Wrestlemania on the horizon and LU season 2 starting, we need a new Powerbombcast like now. Really chomping at the bit.

kvk1

stump i would've never pinned you as a Down person

NOLA was such a seminal album for me in high school

*high five*

edit: jesus, "Down person" sounds horrific written that way, sorry

Down is a band folks

Patryn

Bioware have made a pretty strong case against itself over the last few years, I think, but GB were also really into Inquisition for some reason so who knows.

Really? I got the sense that they were never that into it. Jeff was blase at best, I don't think Rorie finished it, and Vinny never really played it.

Honestly, I feel like Austin recently was the most enthusiastic about it.

They've shown zero gameplay. DA:I was shown off over a zero prior to release.

Bethesda had shown off even less last year.

In addition, if I recall correctly, based on dev tweets the game is currently playable enough that you can complete it.

Man, between all the new signings and the Royal Rumble, and Wrestlemania on the horizon and LU season 2 starting, we need a new Powerbombcast like now. Really chomping at the bit.

They're taking the time to prepare for the last ever powerbombcast.

Bethesda had shown off even less last year.

In addition, if I recall correctly, based on dev tweets the game is currently playable enough that you can complete it.
Bethesda isn't Bioware.

I want them to play more Snatcher. I don't think I could play that game though, looks frustrating for someone not used to those types of games.

It's a pretty simple VN. I managed to finish it when i was 11-12 back in the 90s when i didn't even know what a kojima was.

it's not hard at all, really. Just requires more patience than a livestream offers. Most gamers wouldn't skip past all of text in their typical playthrough which means that they wouldn't typically find themselves unable to continue due to a lack of hitting the right prompts

Quentyn

Mass Effect will get killed in Q4 unless they release in early October and EA already has Battlefield coming.

My guess is February 2017 with a possible delay to May like Mirror's Edge.

Please no.

My heart sank, and I don't even know/care which one you're talking about.

I am so looking forward to both.

It just seems to be their current trend. Hell it could have even been announced by now and I not know, it seems like they've said it for multiple games at this point.

It just seems to be their current trend. Hell it could have even been announced by now and I not know, it seems like they've said it for multiple games at this point.

to add to your comment, they didn't spend all this time on this terrible engine making a game just to put one out and leave that tech in some closet. they'll make a FFXV-2 and FFXV-3, they need to get every penny out of the near decade long investment they made regarding FFXV's production

there's an LP on youtube that's 5 hours, it probably took me 6-7, some people say longer

I don't really have any interest in a full playthrough unless they commit to having a FAQ handy so they don't just end up using every item on every object and brute forcing the game

I mean that's exactly how they did it in Backflips n BioForge and also right there in The Old Game Show so I don't see any reason they wouldn't do it that way

I only go there asking for vague hints and get the hell out. Once I'm done with it and the thread is not a minefield to me anymore, I'll help everybody.
I'm a bit annoyed at the thread sincd I had asked a yes/no question if something was possible, that I specifically asked for a yes/no in response. But the reply told me HOW TO DO IT. I both appreciate it and don't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom