• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I love the idea of a modern day online rpg shooter set in New York City I really do.

But I come to this issue with shooters being RPGs that I always have that never seems to fade. All those dice rolling, item statistics, crits, and other associated attributes of the RPG genre just make every single enemy in the game feel like a bullet sponge and makes every gun feel super weak.

I encourage you to at least check out some PC footage. The shooting/recoil model seems much more suited for keyboard and mouse, and the enemies feel much less spongy as a result.

I really wanna play The Division now... shit. Curious how reviews turn out. The only thing that looks weird is regular ass people in clothes being bullet sponges. Dude in a hoodie taking 12 rounds to the head. But we'll see.

Edit: Beastcast will be late tomorrow.

Come join us in the Destiny Gaf thread, the official thread for Division!

I'm kidding. But seriously alot of my Destiny buddies are doing the beta and used the DestinyGAF thread to talk about it >_> lol

Dineren

Banned
I thought Destiny did a pretty good job with regular enemies not feeling like bullet sponges, but some of the bosses were terrible. Hopefully it's not too bad in The Division once you get some better weapons. I'm also a bit worried about the playerbase on PC since they can be pretty fickle.

KingKong

The Division looks completely miserable, I don't know how people can stand to play games that were clearly designed to sink their hooks into them

justjim89

Griffin McElroy and Nick Robinson have a new podcast coming out of Polygon tomorrow. As long as I've been listening to MBMBaM, I've always wanted to hear the McElroys actually discuss games, this should at least be close. Nick Robinson was pretty good in the waning days of Rev3Games.

Patryn

It's funny. I found the Division QL renewed my interest. I just need confirmation it has a decent single player or solo content and I'm onboard.

It's funny. I found the Division QL renewed my interest. I just need confirmation it has a decent single player or solo content and I'm onboard.

It seems to have automatic matchmaking for some stuff, like the 'rescue the doctor' mission. Which would be a step up from Destinys mission system.

Tubobutts

After watching the Amiibo video I decided to maybe get one to use for the new Fire Emblem. Are they region free? Because the American Lucina is $13 more than the Japanese one.

TraBuch

Banned
Griffin McElroy and Nick Robinson have a new podcast coming out of Polygon tomorrow. As long as I've been listening to MBMBaM, I've always wanted to hear the McElroys actually discuss games, this should at least be close. Nick Robinson was pretty good in the waning days of Rev3Games.
Is that like...twenty Griffin McElroy podcasts now?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I hope they actually make a spoilercast for The Witness. I think that would be super fun. Not the story but the puzzles and stuff. I'd like to hear that.

Gonna hop into The Division tomorrow, don't know what to expect.
My enjoyment of the game will depend on how much you need other people since I don't have any friends who are interested in that game.

kvk1

I see myself going hard in on The Division.

MMO hooks implemented correctly in a Tom Clancy faithful setting is like the dream.

Behold the modern video game:

zmBsqHo.png

Supplemental:

The fact that Dan immediately defaults to "this is where Razor Ramon and Shawn Michaels had their ladder match!" when thinking about Madison Square Garden is...somethin'.

Edit: "Are there any professional sports teams that use Madison Square Garden as like, their home arena?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lunar FC

Dan saying hes never seen Drew in a hat?

How could he forget?

tumblr_nu278oQEem1rtiyh2o1_500.png

The fact that Dan immediately defaults to "this is where Razor Ramon and Shawn Michaels had their ladder match!" when thinking about Madison Square Garden is...somethin'.

Edit: "Are there any professional sports teams that use Madison Square Garden as like, their home arena?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My exact reaction to all of that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom