• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
But it just means that Dan got the exact image he wanted.

Do you think Drew on the Powerbombcast is the first step towards him reviving his Halloween costume to use as a tag team gimmick with Dan?

2697618-obeseillinformedangelwingmussel.gif

jaina

Do you think Drew on the Powerbombcast is the first step towards him reviving his Halloween costume to use as a tag team gimmick with Dan?
I totally forgot about Drew in that Halloween UPF. He had some great one liners, I remember now.

edit: Molyneux has not retired.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I totally forgot about Drew in that Halloween UPF. He had some great one liners, I remember now.

He was wearing Google Glass. You forgot about him as part of that mass black magic spell Google cast to make people forget about everything associated with Glass.

pizzacat

Banned
How tight was that zss thing that she couldn't eat that twinkie in the beginning?

Wasn't Jeff unable to eat it too lol they were taking those costumes to the max

Molyneux's balls have retired from gaming for those who havent heard

I guess i'll finally play through Fable Anniversary soon in his honor

edit: bah, seems moly got hacked. false alarm!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Are they still actively working on Godus? I never hear about that thing. Could it be making enough to justify pushing forward?

Molyneux's post-Microsoft career has been a weird thing.

You mean unlike his Microsoft career, where he did things like make people covering his on-rails game sign a whiteboard saying that his on-rails game wasn't on-rails?

molyneuxnotonrails530pxheaderimg.jpg

Oh I'm sorry it wasn't a whiteboard it was a wall. That's much less weird.

I downloaded 25 gigs of The Division beta on PS4 only to discover it is Xbox only for a day. Boy, these exclusivity deals are fighting for every inch.

The Division is probably perfectly fine but it also looks like the most soulless "Here's what's hot in AAA video game mechanics right now" kind of game design, and something about that is hard to get past.

yami4ct

You mean unlike his Microsoft career, where he did things like make people covering his on-rails game sign a whiteboard saying that his on-rails game wasn't on-rails?

Ok, his whole career has been really weird. His 22-Cans career has been weird in a different way.

I miss the Molyneux that was always spouting ambitious bullshit he had no chance of delivering. That man had vision.

Meneses

The Division looks neat but it seems weird that they'd do a closed beta.

I'm not planning on getting it but playing it for a bit might have swayed me.

Dibison looks ill, ready to go for tomorrow.
The Division looks neat but it seems weird that they'd do a closed beta.

I'm not planning on getting it but playing it for a bit might have swayed me.
They will prob have open beta next month or extend this and open it up for folk.

What are their impressions of The Division?

I know I love the concept right now, my main worry is how the controls feel...

I have a beta code for tomorrow.

TraBuch

Banned
I just went through a weird reaction video rabbit hole where I spent about an hour browsing random reaction videos. What am I doing to myself?

yami4ct

Dibison looks ill, ready to go for tomorrow.

They will prob have open beta next month or extend this and open it up for folk.

Making a beta closed at first serves both technical and marketing purposes. First it allows you to add some incentive to a subscription service like PS+ or EA Access or a preorder bonus. On the technical side, it allows you to slowly ramp up your load in a fairly predictable way. It's a good way to start stress testing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, I love the idea of a modern day online rpg shooter set in New York City I really do.

But I come to this issue with shooters being RPGs that I always have that never seems to fade. All those dice rolling, item statistics, crits, and other associated attributes of the RPG genre just make every single enemy in the game feel like a bullet sponge and makes every gun feel super weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom