• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 115 puzzles in and the satisfaction of figuring something new out is incredible. It feels like I'm in a constant conversation with the game; whenever I solve a puzzle that's part of a sequence I can almost listen to it go "yeah yeah, well done, now how about this?" as it grins to itself thinking how clever it is.

It's great.

Does anyone have an exact number of puzzles in this game I've read
600+
but was curious about an exact number... Don't know why I care right now I'm only at like
250ish
right now, still a ways off.

Behold the modern video game:

Supplemental:

Pfft. Amateurs.

426UD.jpg

justjim89

I just got spoiled on the
secret ending
of The Witness and suddenly I'm way more interested in that game. Holy shit, perhaps the ultimate pretentious indie game.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize those two words themselves were potential spoilers.

Oldboy is such a good fucking movie. I've been meaning to watch Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance ever since.

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance are both great too. Neither are as powerful as Oldboy but very similar thematically and still amazing movies.

Also, the Spike Lee Oldboy remake is an excellent comedy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Space madness is a common problem that you can get treatment for in its early stages. Please consult your general practitioner if you feel that you have early onset space madness.

The Division looks neat but its one of those games that will live or die depending on how much content it has and how good the repeatable end game stuff is.

After Destiny I am taking a massive wait and see approach.

Antiwhippy

I think I'm pretty much done with games where the goal is to reach that endless grinding end goal.

Because what am I really grinding for really.

When you get right down to it.

I think I'm pretty much done with games where the goal is to reach that endless grinding end goal.

The grind is life. Whether you're grinding numbers, grinding to be the best, or grinding through the backlog.

It never ends.

yami4ct

I've definitely grown to enjoy grindy games as I've gotten older, but I'm with you in that it has to have something to work towards. Etrian Odyssey is very grindy in the sense you are slowly making through a dungeon by retracing your steps over and over, getting stronger along the way. That only works because there's something at the end.

I have a small place for a game like Diablo where it's all about the numbers going up, but it's a very small place. Pretty much Diablo and the occasional clicker for a day or two can occupy it.

The grind is life. Whether you're grinding numbers, grinding to be the best, or grinding through the backlog.

It never ends.

I have a way bigger backlog of games I actually want to finish right now than I think I've ever had, and yet I keep wasting time browsing gaf and not making progress. What the hell am I doing? February is going to be murder.

Antiwhippy

Oh I don't mean grinding in general. I still like my RPGs, but yeah, I meant games where the goal is essentially to keep watching the numbers go up.

I have a way bigger backlog of games I actually want to finish right now than I think I've ever had, and yet I keep wasting time browsing gaf and not making progress. What the hell am I doing? February is going to be murder.

Same. Got stuff like Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein sitting on my shelf waiting for me to play it, and here I am replaying Cold Steel 1 and inhaling this SFV beta crack.

yami4ct

Same. Got stuff like Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein sitting on my shelf waiting for me to play it, and here I am replaying Cold Steel 1 and inhaling this SFV beta crack.

I know I have zero time for The Witness and probably none for XCOM 2 and it's better to wait for a sale because of that, but it's taking all the willpower in me not to buy The Witness right now. Avoiding XCOM 2 is going to be harder.

Trying to play games and be a responsible adult is hard.

Tubobutts

I still keep playing NBA 2K instead of going back to the Witcher. And when I do play the Witcher I just play Gwent. But my mobile backlog is clear and ready for Fire Emblem.

I know I have zero time for The Witness and probably none for XCOM 2 and it's better to wait for a sale because of that, but it's taking all the willpower in me not to buy The Witness right now. Avoiding XCOM 2 is going to be harder.

Trying to play games and be a responsible adult is hard.

Combine that with college too and it's just the worst. Luckily there isn't much I care about in March so I'm hoping that gives me enough time to finish Fire Emblem and Digimon before all the games in April hit.

yami4ct

Combine that with college too and it's just the worst. Luckily there isn't much I care about in March so I'm hoping that gives me enough time to finish Fire Emblem and Digimon before all the games in April hit.

I'm lucky I'm taking a semester off, haha. Yeah, fitting in that stuff right around the time you're classes have really gotten serious for the semester sucks.

I want to play Digimon and all 3 FE campaigns as well as finish Cold Steel 1 and Steins;Gate, but that's gonna be rooooooough.

Antiwhippy

It's cricket season and and cricket takes so fucking long omg. Even the shortest version is like a 5 hour investment. Not enough time to play games.

yami4ct

Isn't Cricket just weird european Baseball? I imagine that's 99% downtime.

F1 downtime is highly dependent on the track and how much you care about midpack racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom