• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

Watching The Division's quick look makes me realize that one of the things I like the most about Destiny is that it isn't open world. Walking from point A to B just to do an activity just seems boring and a waste of time.

It surprised me to see Jeff so into it since the game looked really by the numbers and generic with a lot of walking in between missions. It seemed to lack a clear structure too.

There was only one mission in the Unfinished. It's a beta, so Jeff was likely less critical especially of things like game structure etc. He seemed to like mechanics and combat and the concept of the Dark Zone in theory.

Xater

I am excited to try The Division myself today. I also like what I am seeing. Matchmaking for missions! What a novel concept!

Damn Bungie why is this so hard for you...

repeater

I am excited to try The Division myself today. I also like what I am seeing. Matchmaking for missions! What a novel concept!

Little known fact: matchmaking is actually coming to Destiny. Bungie have started implementing it in their engine on their side, it's just that the computer they flipped the switch on has been chugging for seven weeks now trying to update the tools.

kiguel182

There was only one mission in the Unfinished. It's a beta, so Jeff was likely less critical especially of things like game structure etc. He seemed to like mechanics and combat and the concept of the Dark Zone in theory.

Maybe so. But I didn't see anything on that quicklook that got me excited or that made me understand their excitement.

There's matchmaking for a bunch of stuff in Destiny.

Xater

There's no matchmaking for story missions in Destiny.

Exactly. Even if they are putting it in now, that should have been there from Day 1. I also still think everything in that game should have it. If The Division does that it will already make me way more happy.

Tubobutts

Hey guys there's so much excess stuff on screen in popular Ubisoft game The Divison, maybe they should have called it The Multiplication!

popo

Not bothered about the late podcast but I wonder if recording and editing today will kill the Playdate. I am guessing yes.

They have to record it again, expect 4-6pm

I am not sure if they lost an ep or the recording gear just preventing them starting. If they had lost a whole ep they usually panic on twitter about it. Well maybe not Vinny but I would have expected some snark from Alex.

When I see a deal for XCOM 2 at $36 but I just spent $40 on The Witness:

78spYS5.png

Jintor

first really catastrophic failure for my kerbal program. Apparently engines don't survive 30m/s impact on the mun, who knew. The explosion saved the rest of my probe though, so I got a little surface data out of it.

Gonna go do some reading and see what to do next.

omgkitty

You and me both, brother-man.

It makes me even more angry now that I actually know how they work when I get some I can't figure out. I couldn't even do the last tutorial puzzle in that area because I couldn't make it work. Clearly I'm missing one last key point.

Has The Witness talk been banned here yet because holy shit I HATE TETRIS BLOCKS.
I'm stuck there and it's the worst
i got past the tutorial and over to the next section and then hit a wall with the new stuff they throw at you.
I thought I had the basic rules figured out then the game stopped messing around and now I've got no clue what's going on.

Bowlie

Banned
Let's just be careful. Salty said something in the previous pages that would have made me sad had I not seen it already. It was one of the coolest moments for me.

tchocky

It makes me even more angry now that I actually know how they work when I get some I can't figure out. I couldn't even do the last tutorial puzzle in that area because I couldn't make it work. Clearly I'm missing one last key point.

I am only having a problem with the tetris puzzles when they include
an L shaped block at a slight angle.

Let's just be careful. Salty said something in the previous pages that would have made me sad had I not seen it already. It was one of the coolest moments for me.

Was it
the boat
? I hardly consider that a spoiler since it's more a
method of faster transportation
than a puzzle and something you can find within just a few minutes, but I'll go back and tag it anyway.

I might be on the same puzzle. I swear to god I solved it, but apparently I'm missing something.

I even took a picture of it so I could fume about it today at work.

[EDIT] The above link is a picture of a early Tetris-block Witness puzzle. The "solution" I have on there is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom