• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
the legal implications are less troubling than the weight a channel like they have has on youtube's own systems. anybody can make any claim on any video, but when it's a partner like them making the claims, I'd imagine it's harder to push back.

but like someone in that thread mentioned, if they wanted to prove precedent, Japanese television might have something to say about that

I agree and dislike youtube's extralegal copyright regime. Also, the Fines apparently pushed against Ellen when she showed some kids old technology, so, yeah, they're probably in their own little world where they can do whatever they want without repercussions. Hopefully they get slapped back into reality with amazing force.

Under the actual law sure, but this is youtube and their takedown robots do what they want

According to that thread, the takedown for having a react video was manual, ie the Fines or some hired goon was combing youtube for react stuff. That's pathetic.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
God, the GB player makes my Macbook Air fan come on full force. Wish the Extra Life streams were complete on YouTube (specifically Alexis/Drew number 3).

I turned a friend onto the Bombcast by linking him to Jeff's rant about Fallout 4 from this year's GOTY stuff. He then listened to all of the GOTY stuff and loved it.

Then he checked out the regular Bombcast and was like "well I like their categories and when they talk about the games, but this is just their inane ramblings"

so yeah those people are out there. some people just want good discussion.

Lunar FC

I turned a friend onto the Bombcast by linking him to Jeff's rant about Fallout 4 from this year's GOTY stuff. He then listened to all of the GOTY stuff and loved it.

Then he checked out the regular Bombcast and was like "well I like their categories and when they talk about the games, but this is just their inane ramblings"

Sounds exactly like my brother.

Sounds exactly like my brother.

Probably has a lot to do with being invested in the personalities or not. We listen to the bombcast because we like the guys, people who don't really go on the site might listen to the bombcast because of the discourse. Especially when GOTY is your first exposure to them.

I think I am going to turn my PS3 back on for the first time in 2 years and play demons souls for the first time.

That should be fun.

I just finished the Bloodborne DLC and now I got that Souls itch but I dont want to jump back into DS2 and do that DLC.

Just spent my grocery shop laughing at the beastcast and muttering how much I loved Vinny. But then again people disliked that Black Knight bombcast episode and that one is a hall of famer for me.

KorrZ

I enjoy the bombcast for what it is but I can definitely see people having that reaction. There are many episodes where you wouldn't even know that it's a gaming podcast if you just heard it on in the background.

It can be frustrating sometimes when you just wanna hear them talk about a game and they ramble on and then talk about a game for 5 minutes.

SomberOwl

Some people just like structured and informed discussions.

Lunar FC

Just spent my grocery shop laughing at the beastcast and muttering how much I loved Vinny. But then again people disliked that Black Knight bombcast episode and that one is a hall of famer for me.

This Beastcast sounds like a real shit show. Saving it for Monday though.

Strax

I don't know how many times have been laughing my ass in public because of the Bombcast.

At least 20 times.

HawkeyeFIN

Neo Member
Man, that MGScanlon V mid-season break felt good, I'm excited to see this through now. Not excited about all those yellow tapes with Navajo Werner Herzog aka Code Talker, though.

MG310

I wonder how many of the non Gamespot/Giant Bomb people on that floor wandered by the idea forest while he was filming that.

The real question is will Dan accept the lollipop from Joey?

Man, that MGScanlon V mid-season break felt good, I'm excited to see this through now. Not excited about all those yellow tapes with Navajo Werner Herzog aka Code Talker, though.

So much Wolbachia.

popo

The hell is the Black Knight bombcast episode?

Vinny hosted a couple of bombcasts back around October and November of 2013. He put a lot of effort in to the editing - some felt a little too much effort. One of them had a lot of music cut in to the background and some people said it was too loud to hear the conversations.

I don't think this is the same though. With this episode it just comes down to if you liked Vinny's improv rambling and comedy voices or not. Very much subjective.

justjim89

It'd be cool if the guys did a stream this week for the 20th anniversary of Duke Nukem 3D. I played a bit of it earlier today and it's really surprising how well that game holds up.

I've been listening to a lot of old the Beastcasts lately since I've been driving back and forth to Baltimore for work. That is a real good grouping of personalities.

My high school had a planetarium and astronomy. It was the cakewalk science course if you didn't want to go into physics. The teacher would play Pink Floyd as the robot thing would raise from the floor. I fairly certain he was just a huge stoner.

kvk1

You would hope so, but I had to correct my friend yesterday who thought the solar system was the universe.

This is a lot more common than you think. Not even touching on the fact that the terminology used is foreign to a lot of people, there are a shocking amount of individuals who don't know the orientation of Earth to our solar system, and the solar system to our galaxy.

Some people don't even realize that there is more than one galaxy.

People need to play Elite Dangerous. First let them grasp the absolute absurd hugeness of the Milky Way, 400 billion stars and then let them know that there is an estimated 100 million galaxies in the universe. Everyone should realize how insignificant earth and humanity is. It would bring a lot of very needed perspective to the world.

Tubobutts

This is a lot more common than you think. Not even touching on the fact that the terminology used is foreign to a lot of people, there are a shocking amount of individuals who don't know the orientation of Earth to our solar system, and the solar system to our galaxy.

Some people don't even realize that there is more than one galaxy.

I also refuse to believe you. This is elementary school stuff.

Lunar FC

People need to play Elite Dangerous. First let them grasp the absolute absurd hugeness of the Milky Way, 400 billion stars and then let them know that there is an estimated 100 million galaxies in the universe. Everyone should realize how insignificant earth and humanity is. It would bring a lot of very need perspective to the world.

I've been endlessly tempted by this game but have never pulled the trigger. Mostly spurred by how awesome I thought it looked when Drew entered that space station in the Unfinished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom