• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metro 2033 rules. Last Light seems good from what I played of it but it fell pretty deep into the backlog.

Also, the Black Mesa quick look is still my favorite in terms of Dan pissing guys off.

Jintor

got my first manned spacecraft to the surface of the Mun.

Ship fell over on landing and I couldn't right it, blowing up the engines by accident when trying. Was hoping I could shove it upright with my kerbal but nope, EVA not powerful enough.

Fate has ordained that the Kerbal who went to the moon to explore in peace will stay on the moon to rest in peace.

(Not actually but I gotta figure out how to rescue the bastard!)

yami4ct

Just finished Chapter 5 in Cold Steel. Boy is that game running home in a much cleaner and more interesting way than the first Trails in the Sky. Chapter 5 felt like the final chapter of FC. Can't believe I have 2 chapters left. Excited to see where it goes.

Man I like this game a lot. Please don't die in the west Trails. We really need you. I have an intense desire to see the Crossbell arc and see where the series goes post CSII. I have decent faith it'll keep going, but the pessimist in me always pushes forward. At least we're getting CSII for sure.

Just finished Chapter 5 in Cold Steel. Boy is that game running home in a much cleaner and more interesting way than the first Trails in the Sky. Chapter 5 felt like the final chapter of FC. Can't believe I have 2 chapters left. Excited to see where it goes.

Man I like this game a lot. Please don't die in the west Trails. We really need you. I have an intense desire to see the Crossbell arc and see where the series goes post CSII. I have decent faith it'll keep going, but the pessimist in me always pushes forward. At least we're getting CSII for sure.

You have no idea what you're still in for, especially for Chapter 7.

It's pretty cool how the crossbell arcs of Zero and Ao run in tandem with Cold Steel (though obviously from the Crossbell perspective of things). Apparently if we played those, we'd be able to predict some of the events of CS, though CS2 does go past where Ao ends.

yami4ct

You have no idea what you're still in for, especially for Chapter 7.

It's pretty cool how the crossbell arcs of Zero and Ao run in tandem with Cold Steel (though obviously from the Crossbell perspective of things). Apparently if we played those, we'd be able to predict some of the events of CS, though CS2 does go past where Ao ends.

I imagine Chapter 5 is a big crossover between the Crossbell games and CS. CS even mentions all the shit going down in Crossbell at the time.

Chapter 3's event would also be mentioned.

I'm really curious about how much of CS they had planned while doing the Crossbell Duology. These events that would crossover are all pretty majorly tied to the villain goings on in CS. They had to at lest have that outlined. Man Falcom puts the work in. Makes me want Ao/Zero even more. Seeing the other side would be awesome.

I imagine Chapter 5 is a big crossover between the Crossbell games and CS. CS even mentions all the shit going down in Crossbell at the time.

Chapter 3's event would also be mentioned.

I'm really curious about how much of CS they had planned while doing the Crossbell Duology. These events that would crossover are all pretty majorly tied to the villain goings on in CS. They had to at lest have that outlined. Man Falcom puts the work in. Makes me want Ao/Zero even more. Seeing the other side would be awesome.

Yeah the thing with
us just being told that Gideon got massacred by the chancellor makes me think that the IFL attack was a much bigger event in Zero/Ao that they didn't really need to retell or make a big deal out of.

It seems like they've been thinking very far ahead since according to the translation tuesday videos that people in the Trails-GAF have been doing, certain things have been referenced and/or foreshadowed since Trails in the Sky TC. It's pretty amazing considering the timespan between TC and CS

Joeku

Rewatching the Metro Redux QL. Dan says 'The Last of Us was fun and Metro isn't', which is funny seeing as I quit playing Last of Us like 2 hours in and finished both Metro games >_>

tumblr_nk99fhuymq1qhnoouo1_400.gif

The Metro games are great (the first a lot more than the second) but The Last of Us does what they both try to do better as long as you play on any difficulty above normal.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I replayed them not too long ago and theyre pretty standard good shooters. People who compare them to HL2 are nuts

Weird. Regardless of quality, a lot of the enjoyment of those games for me came from the non-standard story, setting, environment and creature design, weather/lighting/atmosphere, stealth mechanics, weapon and mask mechanics.

Xater

I am confused by Brad continuing to try and run Romero's map in vanilla DOOM or Chocolate Doom. The visplanes error is an obvious engine error. Romero didn#t test his map properly it seems. ;) You probably have to play it in a source port which doesn't have the standard engine limitations.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I am confused by Brad continuing to try and run Romero's map in vanilla DOOM or Chocolate Doom. The visplanes error is an obvious engine error. Romero didn#t test his map properly it seems. ;) You probably have to play it in a source port which doesn't have the standard engine limitations.

We're all gonna be even more confused when he tries the same thing again this friday.

scrcrw

The text file that comes with the wad actually says that you need an advanced engine (in the first line even). Brad just didn't read that far. ;)

Patryn

I think it looks fun.

You're not the only one.

I've had a weird trajectory for that game. I thought it looked awesome when it was unveiled, then I thought it looked like shit every other time I saw it, then I saw the QL and thought it looked great.

Got into the Beta, gave it a whirl and I had a lot of fun.

I'd probably jump into the division but it looks like all the fun is to be had with multiplayer and PVP stuff, so that's not happening on my end. The UI is a little bad too. As much as I like the "in world" elements (like the title for zones appearing in the air), that perpetual info block to the right of your character just looks bad. Much rather have it be on screen or done smoothly like Dead Space's UI system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom