• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
played some Division Beta.
That game hits a lot of my pleasure spots

Destiny parts are okay, but the Kane and Lynch, Diet DayZ, betrayal hooks in the dark zones are compelling. The Mexican standoffs at the extraction sites. The one person blinks, goes rogue, gets lit up. The two others who use the opening to go rogue themselves. Running to extract the shotgun you picked up in the middle of a full blown firefight.

Myggen

This is going into the rotation:

2820884-bradface.gif

BearPawB

Banned
Destiny parts are okay, but the Kane and Lynch, Diet DayZ, betrayal hooks in the dark zones are compelling. The Mexican standoffs at the extraction sites. The one person blinks, goes rogue, gets lit up. The two others who use the opening to go rogue themselves. Running to extract the shotgun you picked up in the middle of a full blown firefight.

I am a simple man.
I like loot.
I like shooting.
I like perks and leveling up.

So i find the basic stuff compelling as well.

But yeah, the tension of the Dark Zone is great. I was worried it would be pure chaos with everyone killing everyone all the time. But going rogue and succeeding at it seems hard enough as it is.

Yeah, playing a bit of the beta, the dark zone is absolutely the best thing about that game so far. Not entirely original but the tension you feel when you lock eyes with another player there is compelling as hell.

you guys are monsters

also my gaf filter list is getting ridiculous lately. I should just write a greasemonkey script that deletes the off-topic tab entirely at this point

Gave Invisible Inc a shot and finished the beginner difficulty.

It's great. Everyone else who added it to their backlog after Austin told you to during GOTY, play it. It's great.

To anyone who has played it, is there any new 'stuff' to see in the later difficulties? Does it just fill the level with more enemies and take your rewinds away from you, or are there things that just don't appear on the beginner setting?

It's great. Everyone else who added it to their backlog after Austin told you to during GOTY, play it. It's great.

To anyone who has played it, is there any new 'stuff' to see in the later difficulties? Does it just fill the level with more enemies and take your rewinds away from you, or are there things that just don't appear on the beginner setting?

In terms of pure content it doesn't add much, but bumping it up even to Experienced changes the game enough to where I'd absolutely recommend doing it. Nerve-wracking yet exhilarating.

Higher difficulties just change some of the settings of the game, except for maybe the final mission which I think has a unique enemy in normal and higher difficulties, but not in beginner. If you click the show options box when starting a new campaign you can see what stuff changes with each difficulty and even make your own custom mode. Also I assume you know about the character and program unlocks, but those just come from overall play and aren't difficulty specific I don't think.

Experienced changes the game enough to where I'd absolutely recommend doing it. Nerve-wracking yet exhilarating.

I'm absolutely going to give the harder difficulties a shot, because beginner was already an incredibly tense experience, even though I had 5 rewinds to use. Take those rewinds away and it's going to take me an hour to think about each step.

The Division is a good video game, based on the beta. I did not expect to enjoy the dark zones so much! Would not have nearly as much fun playing in them alone, though.

What content spawned this?

The newest UPF, around the time of the SF5 segment.
sounds like this week's Beastcast is a good one

I dunno, the thread on it has been divisive. I can't fully disagree with how haphazard the beginning is, though with the recording troubles I don't really blame them--they're always on the weirder side.

Really wonder how torturous re-recording podcasts must be. I suspect it's up there.

SomberOwl

I'm going to play it when it comes to PS4.

For those that don't know: Lupe is going to play Daigo and apparently he thinks he's the shit.

This is way dumb now. It might be only regular dumb seven years ago. What character does Lupe play?

edit: I meant way dumb as a way to train. It's always dumb to think you can take on Daigo.

Dineren

Banned
I've been really enjoying The Division beta, but I'm a bit worried by the reports that the PC beta has no serverside checking on stats. I'll probably pick it up on PC regardless, but if they don't have it implemented in the final PC release the dark zones will lose all of their appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom