• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
wow you make a really good poinzzzzzzzzzzz

i got bayonetta in the ios gatcha game recently, didn't expect this crossover

latest

but seriously, vita people are anticipating cyber sleuth like it's the second coming of christ. i'm expecting a decent rpg featuring digimon but you know, starvation is making some people hallucinate

No_Style

It becomes extra hilarious when put into context. Even for Metal Gear it's just utterly absurd.

(final ending spoilers)

After reading all of this, I realized I haven't accepted that MGSV is canon. I kinda bundled it together with PW and convinced myself that both were bad dreams or spin offs and all that matters in the MGS story are MGS1->4.

but seriously, vita people are anticipating cyber sleuth like it's the second coming of christ. i'm expecting a decent rpg featuring digimon but you know, starvation is making some people hallucinate

I didn't even know it was a Vita title. I've seen a lot of buzz for it and just assumed people were weirdly enthusiastic Digimon fans.

Tan

man it's really heartbreaking to see "Hey this seems good!" in the kerbal video when there's only actually 2 minutes left

BearPawB

Banned
well I guess I have a little over $40 in psn credit now, I guess the question is whether I get The Witness or EDF 4.1
or just hold on to it until Gal Gun 2 comes out

edf is so good and endlessly replayable.

The Witness is an amazing experience, that I loved every second of.

But EDF is where my soul lives

Honestly surprised they still do reviews at all. Even when they do, they're usually late. REMEMBER VIDEO REVIEWS??? Good times.

I really liked Jeff's idea of podcast reviews (which to be fair, is pretty similar to what Polygon already does.) I hope they try that sometime

BearPawB

Banned
Do we even know who would be reviewing xcom?
I assume Jeff.

Also I think they still do reviews because a few of them really enjoy being "writers" above everything else.
But I think It is awesome they work in an environment that can allow them to take their time.

It's a decent new Digimon RPG coming out in the west on home console. It's not the second coming, but it's a damn holy grail.

BearPawB

Banned
I want a compilation of nothing but Austin screaming "VINNY!"
I know there was one, but it included too much extra stuff.

I just want non stop vinny screams

edf is so good and endlessly replayable.

The Witness is an amazing experience, that I loved every second of.

But EDF is where my soul lives

I got Witness because I've got several action games to play right now and I'm still hoping for a PC release for EDF

if not, I'll just grab it once I wrap some other stuff up

plus I would have had to add a few bucks to my PSN wallet for EDF and ehhh effort

omgkitty

I really liked Jeff's idea of podcast reviews (which to be fair, is pretty similar to what Polygon already does.) I hope they try that sometime

Well with their QL's and them talking about games on the podcast, you pretty much get a good idea where they're coming from, but I'd never say no to more audio content from them.

fleck0

Yeah Vinny did a LOT of study based on his knowledge in this episode. He learned to use the Engineer mod in some key ways too. Too bad he skipped
Re-entry

Who was the surprise guest for the new Kerbal they were teasing? An astronaut? Neil DeGrasse Tyson? Matt Damon?

No guest. They just compiled all the feedback and put it into practice. It makes sense since they were so far ahead of the comments, that it took this long to have meaningful progress.

It's a decent new Digimon RPG coming out in the west on home console. It's not the second coming, but it's a damn holy grail.

Even if the turn based gameplay and digimon collecting aren't anything amazing, that game visually looks fucking awesome and it has a great OST. But yeah, the vita communication is thirsty for games in general, much more than any kind of community. I would know since I'm a part of that.

I'm definitely looking forward to it, but it ain't the Vita RPG I'm gonna be worshipping this year.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
That Kerbal thing will never ever come to a successful end, will it :D

Jabronium

My stomach was in knots at the end of B.E.A.S.T. knowing what was bound to happen. And I haven't laughed that hard since...well, since they tried the perpendicular intercept a couple episodes ago.

jmood88

Honestly surprised they still do reviews at all. Even when they do, they're usually late. REMEMBER VIDEO REVIEWS??? Good times.
I completely understand why they gave up on video reviews. All they did was read the text from the written review and put short clips from a quicklook in there. I don't see what you could get from a video review that you couldn't already get from a quicklook.

Patryn

I completely understand why they gave up on video reviews. All they did was read the text from the written review and put short clips from a quicklook in there. I don't see what you could get from a video review that you couldn't already get from a quicklook.

Moreover, I recall them saying it could take Vinny or Drew a day or longer to do one video review.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
i got bayonetta in the ios gatcha game recently, didn't expect this crossover

latest

More like starvation for a decent digimon game in the west.

Vita had a really good 2015 actually.

The truth is that I just wait for you guys to post the timestamps of when the exciting stuff happens in Project BEAST. Too much downtime in that series for me personally.

Lunar FC

The truth is that I just wait for you guys to post the timestamps of when the exciting stuff happens in Project BEAST. Too much downtime in that series for me personally.

But it's the down time that makes the action all the more exciting and tense. Same thing with Flight Club.

Spaceplanes + space stations = a minimum of 2 years of content.

Speaking of space stations, I kind of want to see a space game that has the rocketry building of Kerbal Space Program, but this time you are the astronaut. What I mean is, you can build, say a space station, and actually walk around inside it with high-level graphics (think Adrift, but without the disaster setting) and it would be MMO-like were you can have others join you online to explore space. That thing would probably need the most advanced video cards to play it, though.

FluxWaveZ

But it's the down time that makes the action all the more exciting and tense. Same thing with Flight Club.

I found Flight Club to be more compelling, personally. Possibly because Drew had a bunch of notes and stuff and generally knew what he was doing, which also made the disasters funnier.

Bowlie

Banned
...I reached the area with color puzzles in The Witness, fuck meeeeee. I'm gonna ask for every solution because I literally can't solve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom