• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick has fell too far down the YT rabbit hole. He's gone from a great streamer to an annoying and embarrassing one.

I say this as someone who has loved him since he joined GB from day 1.

I hope he scales it back. I have no issues with him making money from it but I don't like the tactics or tone.

oti

Banned
Patrick has fell too far down the YT rabbit hole. He's gone from a great streamer to an annoying and embarrassing one.

I say this as someone who has loved him since he joined GB from day 1.

I hope he scales it back. I have no issues with him making money from it but I don't like the tactics or tone.

When you play the Game of YouTube, you lose all self-respect or you die.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

The lady that sings in that band came out and started throwing cats so I called my friend who brought some zombies and then anime happened.
Oh, that's what Anime is?

Nevermind, I stopped at reaction videos.

At least I like his podcasts...

I had to stop at the point where he was showing his socks on the video for some comedic effect. I love ya Scoops but....sorry man. Glad you (kinda) found your niche though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It feels like he's working towards it, yeah. Or maybe he just misses what he did at GB?

Anyways, the real shocker is that he had not seen Halloween until a few days ago.

wait what? How... what... uhh...

scoops. say it ain't so.

pizzacat

Banned
That's why it's depressing to me. Patrick is one of the good guys. Seeing him having to play the YT game in order to make money... yuck.

The moment Giant Bomb takes a similar approach I quit.
I honestly can't wait till Jeff forces himself to play games he knows sucks

Haunted

I've always viewed giantbomb as the prototype of the YouTube personality channels.
I mean, there's a spectrum among Youtube influencers and LPers, with the louder and brasher ones being more successful and visible (and skewing younger, audience-wise).

Giantbomb are on the more relaxed end of the LP spectrum. They're also older than most successful YTers, so I assume their audience also skews that way compared to the average.

Haunted

Trailer reaction videos and posing for thumbnails is a bad look... though watching his Undertale videos, it looks like Patrick hasn't progressed to the "doing voices for characters" stage of YTers yet.

Maybe there's still hope?

Trailer reaction videos and posing for thumbnails is a bad look... though watching his Undertale videos, it looks like Patrick hasn't progressed to the "doing voices for characters" stage of YTers yet.

This is what stopped me from just watching a LP of Donganrompa at this point. Every damn LP of that game is aggravatingly impossible to watch. Glad I'll finally be able to play it soon.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, there's a spectrum among Youtube influencers and LPers, with the louder and brasher ones being more successful and visible (and skewing younger, audience-wise).

Giantbomb are on the more relaxed end of the LP spectrum. They're also older than most successful YTers, so I assume their audience also skews that way compared to the average.

What if the YT scene grows old like traditional games media and start having jaded old farts like Jeff?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I hate that word so much

I recognise that name... have I become an anime person?

Fate/Stay is one of those series that just permeates because it's been around for so long.

But yes you have. Please report to the anime window for your complementary body pillow.

I recognize more of the assists. Sonico, Akane (Psycho Pass), etc

None of them are ringing any bells. So you can probably figure out I don't play many VNs.

actually sickening

jesus christ

What if the YT scene grows old like traditional games media and start having jaded old farts like Jeff?

at least i'll be dead soon

None of them are ringing any bells. So you can probably figure out I don't play many VNs.

I only know Super Sonico because she's literally Nitroplus' mascot and is kind of all over the place if you read any kind of Japanese media

LiK

I never watched a single ep of Fate/Stay but I know all about them from figures alone. they make a shitload of figures for that series.

Dizzy-4U

Sonico vs. Sonico

502j1yub.jpg

Haunted

I opened a new tab to watch that QL later, but just from reading the comments in this thread, I closed it again.

I hate that word so much
I think it's a really sinister description, that's why I use it whenever possible.

I mean, Jeff Green's already on Youtube. :p

Honestly though, I can't imagine people like Markiplier or Pewdiepie sticking around for 20 more years.

I watched an Undertale LP and I liked most of the voices they did.

am i going to jail

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've always viewed giantbomb as the prototype of the YouTube personality channels.

It sort of is. I've been saying for a while that, for as much actual industry journalism background as there is at that site, GB is closer to GameGrumps than GameSpot. The differences being that their opinions on stuff are actually informed and interesting and not needing to play to the YT audience makes them tolerable

I've never seen any of the Fate shows and recognize her, I think you're safe
I may have deceived you and understated my familiarity with the character.
Fate/Stay is one of those series that just permeates because it's been around for so long.

But yes you have. Please report to the anime window for your complementary body pillow.
I was on the precipice and Fate/Zero pushed me down into the anime hole, now I am become anime guy, the owner of body pillows.

popo

This time next week we might know, What is Firewatch?

Also I notice that game has min spec of 6gb RAM, but only a weak cpu and gfx card. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom