• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Patrick literally brought this all onto himself - there were never any real stakes until he set a deadline on the worst possible day of the year to set a deadline.

it was a mistake for patrick to accept that New Year's deadline. He didn't have to do it but he set himself up and now Dan's gonna take everything
He didn't just accept it, he suggested it. A sign of insanity, so I think that means Dan won.

I think the only reason Patrick made the deal is he believes the end of the level is just past those sawblades he is stuck at, and he think he has 4 hours to perfect that section to beat the level. I don't think he understnad there is more than that left. There is much more, and the section with the flag is an annoying puzzle to figure out in itself.

Is there some kind of wrestling thing where the winner of a best of three contest is the guy who won once?

A average John Cena feud. It doesnt matter how many times John Cena loses or how many beatens he gets. Once he gets 1 victory everything is reset back to 0 like nothing ever happened

2012-10-03-labors-cmpunk.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A average John Cena feud. It doesnt matter how many times John Cena loses or how many beatens he gets. Once he gets 1 victory everything is reset back to 0 like nothing ever happened

2012-10-03-labors-cmpunk.jpg

Fighting on a plane is something only WCW would do

and that is why WCW will ALWAYS be better than WWE

jon_i634

Banned
This was the first year that I listened to all of the GOTY podcasts, and man that was fun. I really didn't care what won since I only played like 4 new games this year, but at least I have a good jumping off point with all the lists to play games that I missed this year.

Meneses

Man, Dan's stream really makes me wish there was a Dark Souls PS4 remaster, I would play the shit out of that game again.

Frith

Give me a Demons Souls remaster. The best souls.

this is what i want

please don't make me buy a ps3 ive gone so long without doing it

but i imagine the code is a nightmare as its ps3 exlusive and from are kind of terrible (i don't really know but that das pc port wowowow)

justjim89

The Souls bug has got me big recently, too. Maybe it's DSIII on the horizon. Got Scholar of the First Sin on the Steam Sale and started playing, and just reinstalled DS1 and DSFix.

I just wish going with no shield was a more practical option in those games.

Chuck

Still without luck
So there's no way to see a playthough of your levels in mario maker, right? not even a mario trail? I remember Jeff mentioning seeing where people got hung up in one of his levels but don't remember the context.

jaina

So there's no way to see a playthough of your levels in mario maker, right? not even a mario trail? I remember Jeff mentioning seeing where people got hung up in one of his levels but don't remember the context.
A creator only sees the Xs where the players died. But maybe Jeff saw streams of his level.

When you play your uploaded levels and die, you can see Xs where other people died nearby.

There's also a thing where if you look at the layout picture when you select one of your levels, it'll show little Xs over death spots.

Unfortunately, you can't really just see all the deaths at once in detail, and the layout picture only shows the first sub area. It's actually one of my real legit complaints.

The Souls bug has got me big recently, too. Maybe it's DSIII on the horizon. Got Scholar of the First Sin on the Steam Sale and started playing, and just reinstalled DS1 and DSFix.

I just wish going with no shield was a more practical option in those games.

It totally is. I mean the games aren't designed around no shield like Bloodborne, but you can definitely beat the game without it.

Though there is one or two bosses that gave me some fucking problems.

I have to make a commitment to getting through some of my games before buying anymore. I want to play Dragon's Dogma, based on Austin and Gaf recommendations but my list of huge games to play/finish is embarrassing at this point. I spend too much time playing Elite Dangerous and now I have several friends to play it with so it's only getting worse.

yami4ct

Patrick literally brought this all onto himself - there were never any real stakes until he set a deadline on the worst possible day of the year to set a deadline.

He didn't just accept it, he suggested it. A sign of insanity, so I think that means Dan won.

Yep. As I said when he created the deadline, that's literally the dumbest mistake he could have made. Dan has every advantage in this situation, don't make it harder on yourself.

Then you had all the stream troubles and that all eventually sunk him last time. He's got all the pieces now, so I know he can clear it. The question is can he do it in 4 hours? Maybe, maybe not.

I think even if he fails, he's got an out. He admits he lost the bet, but doesn't give up on the level. He loses the battle, but can still fight the war.

Chuck

Still without luck
A creator only sees the Xs where the players died. But maybe Jeff saw streams of his level.

When you play your uploaded levels and die, you can see Xs where other people died nearby.

There's also a thing where if you look at the layout picture when you select one of your levels, it'll show little Xs over death spots.

Unfortunately, you can't really just see all the deaths at once in detail, and the layout picture only shows the first sub area. It's actually one of my real legit complaints.

That's a bummer. I guess the little x's will have to do. If only I was some internet-celeb that could watch streams of my levels...

I really want GBeast to go back to Blues and Bullets at some point.

They have right now:
Life is Strange: maybe 3 more Play dates to finish
Project BEAST: ongoing
Crusader Kings

They could probably stick Blues and Bullets in there in 2016, assuming the game series itself continues.

Tubobutts

They have right now:
Life is Strange: maybe 3 more Play dates to finish
Project BEAST: ongoing
Crusader Kings

They could probably stick Blues and Bullets in there in 2016, assuming the game series itself continues.

Wait, did they say they are going to go back to Crusader Kings or are you just saying that's what they should do which I agree with 100%?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom