• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

IMO Crusader Kings is the antithesis of what constitutes a good video series.

It's in the same camp as Football Manager

You're in the same camp as Football Manager.

I enjoyed Idle Thumbs Crusader Kings series even though that's the only Idle Thumbs thing I've ever seen.

I saw Taxi Driver a few year back, and I was really annoyed at the person that suggested I should watch it. Bad. Also....

I have never seen Blade Runner
I have never seen The Shawshank Redemption
I have never seen 2001: A Space Odyssey
I have never seen any of The Godfather Trilogy
I have never seen Jaws
I have never seen Goodfellas
I have never seen Schindler's List
I have never seen A Clockwork Orange
I have never seen a single Studio Ghibli film
I have never seen season 4 of Arrested Development

Xater

I saw Taxi Driver a few year back, and I was really annoyed at the person that suggested I should watch it. Bad. Also....

I have never seen Jaws

Season 4 of AD sucks.

Otherwise you are just a bad person.

Bowlie

Banned

I have never seen Jaws

I have never seen Titanic
I have never seen E.T.
I have never seen Alien
I have never seen Pulp Fiction
I have never seen any Rocky, or any Rambo
I have never seen any Terminator
I have never seen any Die Hard
I have never seen any Indiana Jones
I have never seen any Jurassic Park

(let's open up)

Haunted

That's a bummer. I guess the little x's will have to do. If only I was some internet-celeb that could watch streams of my levels...
Last I heard there were quite a few streamers taking Super Mario Maker level requests.

No one will see it because there are hundreds of streamers with 0-2 viewers, but it's a legit way to get someone to stream your level.

Heimbeck

Banned

I have never seen Jaws

Never even heard of Clockwork Orange or Studio Ghibli

rP6fI4H.png

I have never seen Titanic
I have never seen E.T.
I have never seen Alien
I have never seen Pulp Fiction
I have never seen any Rocky, or any Rambo
I have never seen any Terminator
I have never seen any Die Hard
I have never seen any Indiana Jones
I have never seen any Jurassic Park

(let's open up)

I have seen all of these. We must be opposites!

Haunted

I have never seen Jaws
Most of these movies are really good!

Never too late to remedy that. If you're really into movies, you'll spend most of your twenties catching up with the classics you missed. :D I know I did. And I still come across movies I've never heard of which are highly regarded and recommended quite regularly. (Most recently, The Duellists)

Clockwork Orange is hot basura, so people shouldn't feel bad about missing it. Goodfellas is legit and should be watched many times.

Chuck

Still without luck
I have never seen Lawrence of Arabia because it's like 5 hours long. >_>

Watching the lotr extended cuts was a feat I barely pulled off.

If you can watch just one, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is it. Pinnacle of the genre, imo.

I'd also recommend following that up with Unforgiven. Probably the last truly great western (3:10 to Yuma remake is solid though) and they'd make great bookends to his western career.

jaina

I have never watched the P4 endurance run. Because I want to play P4 myself first, and want to finish P3 before that. I think I wrote in a thread last year that I'll finally get around to doing all that, but some 20 other games got in the way.

AcridMeat

Banned
What? Where am I?
I have never watched the P4 endurance run. Because I want to play P4 myself first, and want to finish P3 before that. I think I wrote in a thread last year that I'll finally get around to doing all that, but some 20 other games got in the way.
If anything, watching the first episodes will motivate you to play them. They don't get a lot done in the first 20 episodes or so because they're only 15-30 minutes long.

If anything, watching the first episodes will motivate you to play them. They don't get a lot done in the first 20 episodes or so because they're only 15-30 minutes long.

I can vouch for that.

I watched about half of the ER, when they got to a certain story point I got very involved and was like "fuck, I need to play this myself" I've been very slowly working my way through Persona 4 Golden since.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way to force a lower quality stream on Twitch from people who are not Twitch Partners? Whatever source Dan is pumping out is just a bit above my connection.
No, but he can't be far away from getting that option. Maybe he doesn't know about it.

Is Dan linking to his twitter and YouTube in the stream supposed to be a joke?
He's been the real Youtuber all along.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've always been right on the edge of getting into wrestling. Every time I see a GIF of these dudes I think "yes this is clearly the best thing there ever was" but every time wrestling people talk about wrestling they say it's terrible right now.

Are you trying to get into wrestling or are you trying to get into WWE? Because it's two different things.

I've always been right on the edge of getting into wrestling. Every time I see a GIF of these dudes I think "yes this is clearly the best thing there ever was" but every time wrestling people talk about wrestling they say it's terrible right now.

WWE (specifically RAW) is terrible right now. There's a lot of wrestling out there otherwise that's great.

Mainstream WWE is really bad now. I have mostly given up on it after watching it non stop almost all my life. There is hints of good stuff - such as New Day - but it is surrounded in terribleness. NXT (WWE's developmental system) offers great wrestling nowadays, but I do not know how much you'd appreciate that if you never seen wrestling beofre.

If you can find some way to watch Lucha Underground that might be your thing. Their storylines are insanely brilliant (switching bodies and dragons), and the wrestling is high quality. They have insane ideas, and convey the whole thing in super serious fashion, but somehow it melds together and is genius. They had a 39 episodes Season 1,and Season 2 starts soon.

Zaph

Is there any way to force a lower quality stream on Twitch from people who are not Twitch Partners? Whatever source Dan is pumping out is just a bit above my connection.

Twitch only delivers source and audio for unpartnered streams. If you're coming up slightly short on bandwidth, as above, try Livestreamer and set your network buffer in VLC to something high like 60 seconds. Should iron out buffer underruns.

Twitch only delivers source and audio for unpartnered streams. If you're coming up slightly short on bandwidth, as above, try Livestreamer and set your network buffer in VLC to something high like 60 seconds. Should iron out buffer underruns.

Thanks for this.

I feel like I am somewhat technically perficent, but this seems a bit confusing to set up. I am downloanding something called Lifestremer now (http://docs.livestreamer.io/install.html#windows-binaries), I hope it is the right thing.

Thanks for the help.

I have looked into MPC-HC, and it seems to be like VLC (which I use). I have no idea what do with it in regard to Twitch though,

Livestreamer can be used with VLC as well

Scroll down for Windows
http://docs.livestreamer.io/install.html

If you go through the install, make sure to open the configuration file and confirm the VLC path. Post if you have any questions :D

Edit
Thanks for this.

I feel like I am somewhat technically perficent, but this seems a bit confusing to set up. I am downloanding something called Lifestremer now (http://docs.livestreamer.io/install....ndows-binaries), I hope it is the right thing.

Yes, that is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom