• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

http://jeff.zone/post/136554589646/given-how-personality-based-your-websites-content

Jeff said:
Anonymous asked: Given how personality-based your website's content and appeal is, does it ever feel like something of a conflict of interest when an employee (like Dan, or formerly Patrick) gets something of a following on their own personal Youtube and Twitch channels with series of their own? Like, I'm not saying you should lay the hammer down on home-streaming or anything, but is there ever a time when you feel the urge to go, "Hey, save it for site content." I'm just curious.

We don’t really have a hard and fast rule about that stuff. On some level, we survive by exposing what we do to as many new people as possible. So getting out there and doing stuff outside of the site (like this Tumblr, for example) can only help with that goal.

(Though it sorta sucks when people write about the Patrick/Dan stuff and don’t link the words “Giant Bomb” back to the site. Eh. Whatever.)

I can see that getting annoying.

Chuck

Still without luck
So, how much longer until Patrick officially spends more time playing this level than the entirety of Dark Souls?

Myggen

I will forever be curious why she said "definitely not Jeff"

Heh, she talked about him being negative on the last Ryckertcast she was on, so probably that. All in good fun though, I'm sure. She's become a regular on the GB subreddit, so she's clearly a fan of the site.

X2UZoyG.png

Exploit found?!

(I love how exploits in Super Mario Maker are called exploits when they are soooooo not exploits!

Miyamoto, Tezuka, Oshino et al...I salute you!)

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm surprised that he made it as far as he has. It was stupid to put a time limit on this level.

I really don't want to see what nightmare comes next from the mind of Dan.

I was initially weird with Mario Maker as GOTY, but once I thought about how much enjoyment I've gotten from watching this bullshit, I started to come around on it.

Edit: "Hyphenated?"

Zaph

I was initially weird with Mario Maker as GOTY, but once I thought about how much enjoyment I've gotten from watching this bullshit, I started to come around on it.

Edit: "Hyphenated?"

I don't like SMM as a game, but there's no doubt it's their goty

repeater

I couldn't keep up with GOTY podcasts due to some real life bullshit. So due to fear of spoilers I missed all the GAF discussions of the deliberations and awards. Would someone care to fill me in on what the most talked-about points were? I feel like the Witcher actually did better than expected so I'm hoping there wasn't too much salt from DandelionGAF.

I couldn't keep up with GOTY podcasts due to some real life bullshit. So due to fear of spoilers I missed all the GAF discussions of the deliberations and awards. Would someone care to fill me in on what the most talked-about points were? I feel like the Witcher actually did better than expected so I'm hoping there wasn't too much salt from DandelionGAF.

Jeff was a salt mine, Austin was MVP, MGSV was robbed, and Mario Maker is the worst, and of course Bloodborne fans are upset.

Still a little bit of salt about the witcher, since none of them beat it and Dan continuously argued that "if it was really that great, one of us would have beaten it."

Undertale and Fallout 4 were definitely the most discussed things with a little bit of Bloodborne salt. Most witcher/gb fans didn't even think it'd make the list so they were probably happy.

No MGSV/MM salt though surprisingly. Most people saw the writing on the wall from a mile away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom