• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

UGLilCq.png

yami4ct

Patrick should become like Brad's Demon's Souls nemesis (Whose name escapes me) and frequently fuck with Ryckert's stream just because.

Zaph

I wonder how well that Armageddan shirt has sold relative to the actual Giant Bomb shirts

Probably a fraction. GB never talks numbers but Rorie has said a few times that dealing with merch keeps him very busy.

Probably a fraction of a fraction of most of those, especially due to the heavily limited time run of Dan's shirt. It helps that the GB shirts are actually mostly attractive designs that you wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen wearing.

Errr....

yami4ct

I wonder how well that Armageddan shirt has sold relative to the actual Giant Bomb shirts

Probably a fraction of a fraction of most of those, especially due to the heavily limited time run of Dan's shirt. It helps that the GB shirts are actually mostly attractive designs that you wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen wearing.

justjim89

I love all my GB merch, but literally every time I wear one of the shirts or get a new one, I have to explain to my family what Giant Bomb is and why I monetarily subscribe to it. The feeling I'm left with combined with the looks on their faces can often feel dangerously close to embarrassment.

Damn, Dan really got under your skin huh.

yami4ct

I wonder if the GB homepage will return to normal tomorrow. I miss the Coming Soon section. Project Beast should be hitting tomorrow, so that'll be really fun.

Patryn

So... what are the odds that the studio is finished by UPF this week?

Or do we get another PC-dominated UPF driven by technical restrictions?

yami4ct

I just watched that BB Demons Souls feature. Never realized I had forgot to finish it. The almost lore quality that happened around the invasions and summons was amazing.

watching Breaking Brad with Demon's Souls.

Potato Marshall was in Patrick's stream too? I really have to check that out.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I skipped Breaking Brad Demon Souls.

I've never particularly enjoyed the Souls games. Maybe I'll watch it after all. I'm watching Dan's videos and they are okay. I'm already seeing some things that I didn't know when I tried playing through.

Edit: fixed game names. Oopsie!

justjim89

I've been debating which Souls series to rewatch. I like Dark Souls more as a game, but LoLS has Ian and Rorie's passive-aggressive bickering a lot from what I remember. Maybe I'll watch Brad beat Demon's Souls again.

Patryn

It's a nice shirt but it's difficult wearing a shirt that says GIANT BOMB in giant letters in a lot of places

Yes, I came to that realization a few days ago when I was sitting in an airport watching GB's Day 5 GOTY video and was about to say something to my wife, but quickly realized that saying the words "Giant Bomb" in an airport was probably not the best idea.

V-Faction

Okay, Dan's encounter with the Hellkite ("Is that the crow that brought me here?") and the subsequent player message ("'Be wary of drake' .... John Drake?") has me hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom