• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

I've been debating which Souls series to rewatch. I like Dark Souls more as a game, but LoLS has Ian and Rorie's passive-aggressive bickering a lot from what I remember. Maybe I'll watch Brad beat Demon's Souls again.

i may rewatch that soon. i miss Brad x Vinny interaction.

yami4ct

That's an interesting article. Definitely gonna check out that LP.

Trolling in Souls can be funny, but the fact that guy specifically goes after players he thinks is playing 'the wrong way' is so extra dickish. I also kind of can't believe From put so many tools in Demon's Souls specifically meant for trolling.

I've been debating which Souls series to rewatch. I like Dark Souls more as a game, but LoLS has Ian and Rorie's passive-aggressive bickering a lot from what I remember. Maybe I'll watch Brad beat Demon's Souls again.

Brad getting disproportionately angry at Crystal Lizards never gets old.

That's what makes LoLS great. They're trying to give him advice and Vinny just completely ignores it. Its fucking hilarious.

Brad vs Crystal Lizards is a classic tho.

hamchan

Potato Marshal is a hilarious troll though. I loved when he invaded Brad's playthrough. Brad getting revenge on him was great too.

Megasoum

Banned
Yup guys... I'm definitly drunk right now lol...

I've been drunk posting on my boss' timeline on Facebook for the last 20min

Seriously though, he's my friend more than my boss so I'm not worried but it's really funny lol

It's so rare that I get drunk (and especially post about it on FB) that I've already had 2 persons (one friend and my brother) PM me in the last 10min to ask if I was ok and if I wanted to talk lol...It's touching I guess.

hamchan

Yup guys... I'm definitly drunk right now lol...

I've been drunk posting on my boss' timeline on Facebook for the last 20min

Seriously though, he's my friend more than my boss so I'm not worried but it's really funny lol

It's so rare that I get drunk (and especially post about it on FB) that I've already had 2 persons (one friend and my brother) PM me in the last 10min to ask if I was ok and if I wanted to talk lol...It's touching I guess.

Sounds like you're going to wake up in the morning with regrets.

Rainmaker

Banned
The vintage logo shirt is actually really nice. Subtle, and works for any casual occasion.

FIzblaS.jpg

Yep. Wish they'd just use that as their main logo

Megasoum

Banned
Sounds like you're going to wake up in the morning with regrets.

lol...bah I have zero worries about my boss, actually I can't wait to talk to him about it tomorrow morning lol...

If anything, I'm more worried that if I don't go to bed I might start posting (or texting) a lady I know.... Now this could get really dangerous lol...

killroy87

I want the GB Hoodie and Hat from the store so much, but it's criminal how much it would cost in the end to get them in Canada.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert Dec 31
If he fails, he pays for us to go to a WWE event together, and he has to produce a 10-page written report about it. And I shave his goatee.

lol He actually agreed to this shit?

yami4ct

Dan played Dark Souls 2 right? Would explain why he's picked up on how to play DS so quickly. I expected him to have more trouble coming off of Bloodborne.

His stream of it is real fun so far.

EDIT:

Wait, he doesn't know about Kindling/Humanity? Must not have played Dark Souls 2. He's picking up on the shield play quite well in that case.

Bowlie

Banned
Dan played Dark Souls 2 right? Would explain why he's picked up on how to play DS so quickly. I expected him to have more trouble coming off of Bloodborne.

Yup! When I played it after DeS, it took me some hours to get the backstab right (it's a slightly different angle in DeS), but he's parrying with no trouble at all.

yami4ct

Yup! When I played it after DeS, it took me some hours to get the backstab right (it's a slightly different angle in DeS), but he's parrying with no trouble at all.

I think most beginning Souls players pretty much ignore the parry all together. Coming off of Bloodborne must've really burned it into his brain. Really interesting to see him go at it from a completely different way than a lot of players.

Megasoum

Banned
I can't wait for the site to go back to the normal layout... The GOTY layout was so fucking horible this year... I mean... It was functionnal but terrible looking. Also forced light theme is yuck yuck.

Myggen

I can't wait for the site to go back to the normal layout... The GOTY layout was so fucking horible this year... I mean... It was functionnal but terrible looking. Also forced light theme is yuck yuck.

It looks great on mobile, but not so good on a PC.

Anyways, I woke up with a migrane now. Fuck everything.

yami4ct

Dan going straight for the summon was disappointing. Like, I get his 'it's in the game' thing, but it's a hundred times more fun to see someone struggle against the boss alone. Summons make nearly every boss piss easy because it gives you the distraction.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Proving once again that Vinny is the best, I put like 7 hours in the last 2 days into Rebel Galaxy and I'm hooked. Would have easily made my top 10 last year just from these 7 hours

Proving once again that Vinny is the best, I put like 7 hours in the last 2 days into Rebel Galaxy and I'm hooked. Would have easily made my top 10 last year just from these 7 hours

In a roundabout way, Vinny got me to buy Elite Dangerous. Was going to buy Rebel Galaxy but I just wanted something with a bit more depth.

So glad I decided to give it a shot. Loving this damn game.

I really enjoyed the Fallout 4 discussion in "most disappointing". Jeff bringing his trademark articulate rants, with Brad and Austin trying to defend it. Some good points were made on both sides but I think Jeff and the others on that side were right that Brad and Austin are letting Bethesda off the hook too easily.

What was discussed about Undertale? Were people expecting it to do better? (Maybe if Austin hadn't used his prepared speech for Invisible Inc.:)

Personally I was surprised Bloodborne didn't get anything, and especially surprised it didn't make it into the top 10 best games. I'm not gonna be salty about it, because it's a stupid thing to get upset about, but I feel it suffered a bit due to Souls fatigue (which is fair enough, I guess) in conjunction with being released so early in the year (which is a bit more lamentable). Hearing Austin dismiss it as a "pretty good" game was still a little shocking to me, especially when his main complaints were insufficient environmental variety (which I think isn't entirely unfair, but a bit exaggerated) and healing item design (come on dude -- that's a pretty damn minor complaint!:).

About Jeff as a salt mine.. I must say I did find his approach and tone as they were getting closer to the top of the "Best game" list kind of disappointing. His loud and sarcastic reaction to one of the guys (I can't remember if it was Jason or Brad, or both?) wanting to place Rocket League over Mario Maker I just found.. kinda rude and obnoxious, especially when it's coming from Jeff who is so clearly the most senior, with "Top Dog" status. I got the impression that he was making it pretty clear that Mario Maker was going to be GOTY regardless of if he and Dan would be the only one placing it there, and regardless of whatever argument anyone was going to make against it or in favour of any other game. Which resulted in no one else really being bothered to try to make an impassioned argument for something else.

To be clear, I'm not saying SMM shouldn't be their GOTY. Without having played either of Mario Maker and MGS5, my impression is that Mario Maker is more worthy in general and especially as GB's GOTY. What I'm saying is just that the process of arriving at Mario Maker as #1 was kinda disappointing, especially with regards to Jeff's way of arguing it onto that spot. Maybe I'm being unfair, but it felt a bit like a one man show at that point.

Dude let Alex and Austin flank him like he flanked Dan last year for Best Music. Come to hustle, be ready to tussle!

The belt to man ratio is all fucked up.

He's went and Nomura'd himself! He's gone One-Winged Angel!

Patrick just threatened to invade Dan's dark souls...

Then Dan just summons Potato Marshall. It don't stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom