• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanGy.nz

Banned
That fact that I directed my anger and you (and indirectly Gita) was a bad move though, so sorry about that.

Everyone should be angry at Gita after her GOTY list. I played Love Live because of that list and the next day i had a cold, it's three days later and that cold has developed into a really bad case strep throat.

GITAS GOTY LIST INFECTED ME WITH ANIME BULLSHIT AND NOW IJUSTWANTTODIE@COMCAST.NET

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Listen idols are the cure not the problem

images

Kawaii~

I just finished Xenoblade Chronicles X. Maybe I should actually start the Witcher 3.

Or maybe I should finally finish season one of Love Live already.

Houndi101

Didn't remember that the difference between Hotline Miami 1 and 2 soundtracks is so drastic, 1 most of the songs are decent with few great ones, meanwhile the second one is just kicking ass the whole 3 and a half hours.

Demption

Bought Ori and Undertale after Goty podcasts and have to say that Ori is beautiful. It also seems to be one of those metroidvanias where you don't really get lost and stuck for not remembering where are the places you need to use your new abilities to access new areas.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Bought Ori and Undertale after Goty podcasts and have to say that Ori is beautiful. It also seems to be one of those metroidvanias where you don't really get lost and stuck for not remembering where are the places you need to use your new abilities to access new areas.
I wonder if they fixed those 2(?) spots you couldn't get back to after finishing it. That was crazy infuriating, because everything else was made to be completed 100%.

Quentyn

I wonder if they fixed those 2(?) spots you couldn't get back to after finishing it. That was crazy infuriating, because everything else was made to be completed 100%.

I am pretty sure that is that one of the things that will be addressed with the Definitive Edition that is coming later this year. I immediately stopped playing the game after they announced that because that was driving me crazy too.

daveo42

Banned
Jeff's tumblr answer about "the categories bring structure to the conversation" is also interesting.

It makes a ton of sense and gets brought up a lot during the GotY deliberations. Not only where they fell, but how people have felt about these games in different aspects, not just in a "is this the best game" aspect. It is a really smart way of going about it. The smaller size of their teams helps out too, at least echoing Alex's comments on the Gamespot discussions.

I want to be mad at whoever told Vinny to tilt west but that kind of misinformation only prolongs the series, so...

explanation: if you go in the direction of the planet's rotation (east) you basically get some free lateral movement. or rather, you don't suffer any penalties to fuel consumption trying to counter your default trajectory. going west is the worst-case scenario since it's 180 degrees from the planet's natural rotation

Patryn

Back from vacation and taking a look at my current backlog:

Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Pillars of Eternity (need to finish)
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
Witcher 3 (yes, I'm going to give it a try)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Trails in the Sky FC
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Tales of the Borderlands

So what am I doing? Taking my original XBox I retrieved over the holidays out of mothballs, and replaying KOTOR for the umpteenth time. I have come to conclusion, having played that game now on XBox, iPad (with and without controller) and PC that the XBox is the best feeling version of the game.

I have messed up gaming priorities.

repeater

Oh god, it got cut. :(

Fuck this site.
There, there, take solace in the thought that at least it got a fair hearing, and was given plenty of the praise that it deserves, even though it didn't technically chart in any category.

I mean,
Austin said it was a "... ehh.. pretty good" game,
didn't he?
That's.. uhh.. something, right?

There, there, take solace in the thought that at least it got a fair hearing, and was given plenty of the praise that it deserves, even though it didn't technically chart in any category.

I mean,
Austin said it was a "... ehh.. pretty good" game,
didn't he?
That's.. uhh.. something, right?

I just don't understand how everyone in the room gets all excited and passionate when they talk about
the weapons in the game
but then when it comes to the game overall they just say "Meh" and complain about variety. All their differing opinions kind of shows that there is at least some good variety.

popo

I love all my GB merch, but literally every time I wear one of the shirts or get a new one, I have to explain to my family what Giant Bomb is and why I monetarily subscribe to it. The feeling I'm left with combined with the looks on their faces can often feel dangerously close to embarrassment.

I only own one GB shirt and if anyone asks I tell them it is a band and that ends any interest. People understand ugly band tees with obscure band names. One guy nodded and said he had heard of them and they were a cool sound, thus revealing himself as a fake ass try hard.

One day someone will recogise it for what it really is and start a conversation about the site and it will be awkward as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom