• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleck0

Watching the new Project BEAST. How is Vinnie still burning parachutes off with the new formation? I've literally never lost a parachute on exit from Kerbin, and he manages to lose like every one.

I don't think they ever actually burned it up. One of the patches makes the parachute icon turn yellow then red when you're going too Fast / are too High to deploy it, kind of a bad design decision because it also turns red if it gets destroyed.

yami4ct

I don't think they ever actually burned it up. One of the patches makes the parachute icon turn yellow then red when you're going too Fast / are too High to deploy it, kind of a bad design decision because it also turns red if it gets destroyed.

That would make sense. I get what they're trying to do, but that's an awful piece of design language.

Xater

I'd replace Tomatoes with Grapes, but the list is valid

Now that I think about it grapes could replace pineapples for me.

I just really love tomatoes. So versatile and just love the taste. Just putting them with butter on bread and then some pepper on top. Good stuff.

Xater

Guys you have to realize that fruit lists are dumb. Also just being nominated is an honor. We all agree that pears are dumb and that's all that counts.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care what science says, tomato will NEVER be a fruit to me

daveo42

Banned
You know what sucks about fruit? I have to go to the internet if I want to find the good fruit. It's not included in the fruit, which is a failing of the system itself. It should be included. I can't be bothered to look online and I don't have fruit people I follow on Twitter to tell me what is good and what isn't.

Zaph

I think the lack of blueberries is the real oversight.

Blueberries are a joke. No taste and no real texture. I begrudge adding them to morning smoothies because I'm sure they've just had a good PR campaign to convinced the world they're healthy.

yami4ct

Blueberries are a joke. No taste and no real texture. I begrudge adding them to morning smoothies because I'm sure they've just had a good PR campaign to convinced the world they're healthy.

If you think blueberries have no taste, you clearly have not had fresh blueberries.

As a michigander, fresh blueberries are one of the few things we've got and they are the greatest.

Brashnir

You know what sucks about fruit? I have to go to the internet if I want to find the good fruit. It's not included in the fruit, which is a failing of the system itself. It should be included. I can't be bothered to look online and I don't have fruit people I follow on Twitter to tell me what is good and what isn't.

This would be better if you had to go to the internet to find the second bite of the fruit, and even after doing so, had no idea if the bite was going to be delicious or rancid.

AcridMeat

Banned
I had the realization today that Jeff is 40. 41 this year. I don't want them to get old!
Were you never served fruit as a child? I figured everyone already knows the basics of good fruit because it's the easiest somewhat healthy food parents can give their kids.

edit: Or did you mean picking out ripe fruit?

Xater

All types of melon are disgusting, and don't even get me started on pineapple.

Strawberries
Bananas
Grapes
Kiwis
Pears

Man just look at a pear:

pear23dk5h.jpg

Looks like a fucked up apple or something. I could see them making the hottest mess list, but that's it!

yami4ct

Man just look at a pear:

Looks like a fucked up apple or something. I could see them making the hottest mess list, but that's it!

Pears are such ugly fruit that 'going pear-shaped' is slang for shit going wrong. I mean, what does that kind of negative association say about the fruit?

Pears are grand.

They are inferior to apples in both taste and convenience (pears are either too hard are too juicy and messy) but I wouldn't turn down a pear if it was there.

def sim

Wow, Jackfruit is not in any list so I think I'm done with this thread now. It was a great time, but I guess for my taste, you have the wrong people in this thread.

yami4ct

You know what else sucks about pears? Pear trees are weak as shit. We've got a few in our backyard and almost every one of them has large chunks broken out of them because of the wind. Our apple trees don't have this problem.

So I don't want to be too dismissive here, but when does Trails in the Sky get good? I'm only a few hours in but I don't see how it's any different from standard JRPGs. The music is nice though.

yami4ct

So I don't want to be too dismissive here, but when does Trails in the Sky get good? I'm only a few hours in but I don't see how it's any different from standard JRPGs. The music is nice though.

FC is a really slow burn. It's one long coming of age story for your 2 main protagonists. Just try to get into the world. Talk to the NPCs, read all the books and newspapers. Once that stuff clicks and you start following the political goings on in Liberl and stuff like that, it should really work for you.

The main story doesn't really start going down until SC. FC is all (very good, in my opinion) setup.

What makes Trails in the Sky good is the world building and writing. From a gameplay POV, it's a pretty standard JRPG. I find that standard JRPG gameplay it has going on fun, but it isn't revolutionizing the genre in that aspect.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I really wanna like the project kerbal videos, but it's like 90% downtime. I feel like you could edit them all down to 5 minutes of stuff worth watching.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
What the hell is even going on in here?

Also, back to having no time to watch all the GB content. Kerbal is a must though, just need to find some time.
Still listening to GOTY podcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom