• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

woahoooclp0l.png

Sorry, I pressed the wrong key.

Backlr vs Backalar. Speaking of which, did I miss Jeff B's list or was it never posted on GB?
right... his list... well the slideshow had short paragraphs so I'm good

Fobwashed

Sorry if I sounded harsh. It was harsh, but I did not mean to target you. I didn't wake up this morning and decide to be mean to you or Gita. I pretty much agree with everything you said about this. Everything about the video is basically wrong. I do believe there is a way to spoof Jeff (and the rest of the GB Team) in a humorous way, but this guy fails at it. Back when I first saw this video I went through other pieces of content from that channel, and everything misses the mark in a huge way. Adam Sandler has more success making me laugh - and that's a low mark.

I have no idea if the people running this channel have Gamergate connections, but when I first saw this video it was at the same time that huge clusterfuck was kicking into high gear for the first time. I then read the comments (always a bad idea), and that just reinforced that idea in my head. Whilst I do agree that some bad parts of the internet need to be talked about in the open, I think others should be just tossed to the wayside and left to die. This is the only place where we really differ with this bit of content. To me this video is spiteful, and was posted by the creator simply to get a reaction. Giving it any credence, and acknowledging its existence in circles where its content as the most meaning means we are giving the creator exactly what he/they wanted.

That fact that I directed my anger and you (and indirectly Gita) was a bad move though, so sorry about that.

No sweat, I didn't really take it personally. I totally get where you're coming from and it's a legit pov. I was just clarifying that I know the "do not feed the trolls" thing and am intentionally exposing bullshit when I can because seriously, fuck these people. I don't actually think all publicity is good publicity. And it's cool if we see things differently =D

Noaloha

I think EX is just there to differentiate between typical and a non-typical, taken from fighting game (?) jargon, regular fireball vs EX fireball or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
kill shit -> buy ship -> kill more shit -> buy upgrades -> kill more shit -> finish your upgrades, start saving for the next ship, move on to the next system -> ...kill shit

It sounds like im being dsmissive but this loop in Rebel Galaxy has me totally hooked, it just "clicked" with me for lack of a better word

The lack of saves anyware is soul crushing everytime you do a few missions in a row and just randomly die. Or was until I found out you can kinda save anyware by exiting to the main menu (lolwhut), the game will just resume where you were so now im doing this after everymission. One cant be arsed to fly back to a station everytime one wants to save damn it, there re space pirates to kill

Myggen

IIRC the first EX video was a Street Fighter video, and they put that label on that video. After that it just became the standard label for them.

Megasoum

Banned
My god... Vinny is by far the least fuel efficient KSP player I've seen in a long time lol.

Orbital turn to the west... Does his Apo burn way too early and raise his Apo almost halfway to the Mun. Then when he wants to get an intercept trajectory with Mun he starts from the Apo that is almost already there but goes in the other direction hahahaha. Man...

IIRC the first EX video was a Street Fighter video, and they put that label on that video. After that it just became the standard label for them.

Looking at the site. The first EX was for Bionic Commando (the 3d one).

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh my god I l love how they do all this stuff and talk about the tips they've heard and then immediately produce one of the most ridiculous combinations of orbits and maneuvers I can imagine

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I feel like it got lost in the GOTY/XMAS thread holiday but the BEastcast episode before Christmas was excellent. Alex and Vinny are really fantastic together. I love the creativity and looseness of the beastcast.

I feel like it got lost in the GOTY/XMAS thread holiday but the BEastcast episode before Christmas was excellent. Alex and Vinny are really fantastic together. I love the creativity and looseness of the beastcast.
It was great, I enjoyed it way more than I expected to. Hopefully it marks the start of a new GBeast feature.

AGDQ is literally right down the street again, but I can't really justify $50 to drop by for a few hours to see it in person...

pretty reasonable price if you're going to see a bunch of it over the week though.

e: also it's super crowded it looks like and I don't like people that much

I'm catching up on last week's Beastcast. Somebody needs to give Giant Bomb a power point presentation on VR, because every time they talk about it, however briefly, they manage to propagate misinformation.

No, the Vive does not play only room-scale games. It has all the functionality of the Oculus, including seated, stationary experiences. They've shown the room-scale stuff publicly because it does that better than the Oculus Rift can, and it has a bigger "wow" factor.

Maybe I should write in a correction?

Heimbeck

Banned
I'm catching up on last week's Beastcast. Somebody needs to give Giant Bomb a power point presentation on VR, because every time they talk about it, however briefly, they manage to propagate misinformation.

No, the Vive does not play only room-scale games. It has all the functionality of the Oculus, including seated, stationary experiences. They've shown the room-scale stuff publicly because it does that better than the Oculus Rift can, and it has a bigger "wow" factor.

Maybe I should write in a correction?

Write one in telling them to come here for all the corrections, since we are always right.

The more things change the more they stay the same. I was listening to the 10/28/08 bombcast and

1. Jeff voices his disappointment that Fallout 3 has the same bugs as Oblivion, and wished that Bethesda had fixed them.

2. Jeff wishes that Nintendo make their own LittleBigPlanet but with Mario instead.

daydream

Banned
AGDQ is literally right down the street again, but I can't really justify $50 to drop by for a few hours to see it in person...

pretty reasonable price if you're going to see a bunch of it over the week though.

e: also it's super crowded it looks like and I don't like people that much

i wouldn't go either, the stream already conveys enough of the cringe

also, pears are too fucking good for you haters, nothing is sacred anymore, rip fruit culture

Tales from the Borderlands is a good game :D

So many cool moments that ranges across the emotional spectrum (happy, sad, LOL, wtf am i looking at, etc)

Glad i pulled the trigger on it during the sale as i felt i got my money's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom