• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

Bionic Commando is a good game.
It's up there with Syndicate (not the Assassin's Creed one).
I feel like it got lost in the GOTY/XMAS thread holiday but the BEastcast episode before Christmas was excellent. Alex and Vinny are really fantastic together. I love the creativity and looseness of the beastcast.
Yeah, that was a lot of fun, kudos to all the guys for playing along. It can't be easy to roleplay knowing that your session will be going out to thousands of listeners, but then again the Beastcast has always impressed with stellar improv moments.

I'm going to do it just to spite you Pliskin.

2706688-9571610001-sN1Y3.gif

Megasoum

Banned
it's like a gritty, worse apple

just eat apples

I'd have thought Christopher Walken would have a better kitchen than that

Yeah... Everything I've seen of him over the years he sound like a very old fashioned simple guy. Also it might be someone else's kitchen or like a lake house or whatever.

Does anyone know how long it takes to unlock all the things in the Kerbal career mode?

depends entirely on how good you are, and if you are diligent in collecting science data.

I got like 2/3 of the way through the tech tree in an afternoon, but I've also been playing the game since 1974 or whenever it came out

AGDQ is literally right down the street again, but I can't really justify $50 to drop by for a few hours to see it in person...

pretty reasonable price if you're going to see a bunch of it over the week though.

e: also it's super crowded it looks like and I don't like people that much

I would go but only for the game that is worth it like a blind punch-out run would be pretty dope to see in person.

daydream

Banned
oh god you're right, with my luck I'd show up just in time for a sing-along

everytime i hear the word 'hype' used in some dumb fashion (so, all the time) i wanna punch myself in the face

and everyone seems awkward as hell but that's kind of a given, i guess

(runs are still cool tho and there's the occasional good commentator)

everytime i hear the word 'hype' used in some dumb fashion (so, all the time) i wanna punch myself in the face

and everyone seems awkward as hell but that's kind of a given, i guess

(runs are still cool tho and there's the occasional good commentator)

commentators seem much better so far this year

so far

daydream

Banned
also, these days all i'm pretty much interested in are sub-30min runs (so, mostly runs of older games). anything upwards of that i will have to be sold on because, yo i get that a 4h run of 40h game is technically a speedrun but c'mon

Megasoum

Banned
Vinny really need to understand the idea that any manoeuvre you do in orbit actually affects the opposite side of the orbit.

Also... I just had an idea... Drew should try Orbiter...

Edit: LOL at them saying that they want to build a rescue mission. You can't even go to the Mun and back and you want to do a rescue mission with orbital docking? Haha come on. That stuff is a magnitude higher difficulty level than what they've been doing so far.

Ya know, a little bit of editing goes a long way, these Project BEAST videos are really great, it makes me really excited for the next episode after seeing the hype trailer at the end.

Zekes!

Vinny really need to understand the idea that any manoeuvre you do in orbit actually affects the opposite side of the orbit.

Edit: LOL at them saying that they want to build a rescue mission. You can't even go to the Mun and back and you want to do a rescue mission with orbital docking? Haha come on. That stuff is a magnitude higher difficulty level than what they've been doing so far.

That's why it'll be great

Yeah, the thing about rendezvous is that they absolutely cannot be brute-forced like what Vinny is doing. In many cases, they have to be planned out before you even launch. I finally got decent at them myself. I've landed two small asteroids on Kerbin (though, the first one I didn't leave for 10 seconds to fulfill the contract, and the second landed in the water, which apparently doesn't count).

Pears are great, but they tend to look ugly. I haven't had a pear in like 10 years now that I think about it.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/13/138032/2706688-9571610001-sN1Y3.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

To be fair, they were going to talk about VR this week regardless given the Rift preorders and whatever else comes out of CES.

yami4ct

They still haven't changed the homepage back? That kind of sucks. Useful during GOTY, but definitely gets in the way now. Not a huge deal, but slightly annoying.

Isn't InputMapper the better DS4 tool? Why is Vinny still using DS4Windows?

You use what you're used to I guess. Also, uninstalling a DS4 driver creates a humongous mess in my experience.

daydream

Banned
seems like fruit talk is a new thread staple now, i guess you need to come up with a new topic for the rotation once in awhile

I remember as a child the best way to eat a canned pear is with a straw. One cylinder at a time. It has been awhile. Maybe it wasn't the best way, just the most fun.

justjim89

So, the GOTY video with Dan haunting the control room establishes that the evil Mario Party cartridge is canon. Does that mean that Dan is evil and has previously destroyed all video games in the Giant Bomb canon? How did they come back? Or was this year's skits actually a prequel to last year's?

This timeline is getting complicated. In 10 years we'll need them to release Giant Bomb Historia to explain it all.

Still loving this Until Dawn Playdate. Lol at Alex
going slowly to save Jess resulting in her death. Wish I offed her from my game that early. Fuck Jess

So, the GOTY video with Dan haunting the control room establishes that the evil Mario Party cartridge is canon. Does that mean that Dan is evil and has previously destroyed all video games in the Giant Bomb canon? How did they come back? Or was this year's skits actually a prequel to last year's?

This timeline is getting complicated. In 10 years we'll need them to release Giant Bomb Historia to explain it all.

It was Dan's shadow, they were actually watching the midnight channel.

Bowlie

Banned

The alternative is that everything that happened in 2014's GOTY was really a dream sequence
and Alex is a demon

daydream

Banned
Well would you rather talk about something else?

How has your day been?

i mean, i wasn't complaining

you guys are crazy if you're cutting pear, though. easily top 10 fruit

my day has been ok, i kinda overslept but i was dead tired yesterday so it was fine

yami4ct

Watching the new Project BEAST. How is Vinnie still burning parachutes off with the new formation? I've literally never lost a parachute on exit from Kerbin, and he manages to lose like every one.

def sim

I like the texture and mild sweetness of pears. I could go for one right now, but I'm going to chew on this piece of gum instead.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well would you rather talk about something else?

How has your day been?

The English announcer from Wrestle Kingdom 10 reminded me an awful lot of Matt Kessler as an intern appearing in videos.

People were not happy with the English announcer from what I've seen.

This post is about a wrestling event that contained actual live action anime (and anime anime) in addition to a reference to the Giant Bomb extended family. Let's talk about Wrestle Kingdom 10, it was clearly the most Giant Bomb thing that happened this weekend.

AcridMeat

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom