• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Dan realized that idea was too dumb even for Dan.

It was not a bad price for a 4K TV, but there's no reason to buy 4K yet.

Megasoum

Banned
Dan realized that idea was too dumb even for Dan.

It was not a bad price for a 4K TV, but there's no reason to buy 4K yet.

Bah I'm shopping for a new TV these days and I'll most likely buy a 4k one. It's worth it in the long run if you get a good price.

The main problem with that order was the fact that it's a curved TV.

yami4ct

Wirecutter has a deal tracking thing.

Wirecutter and Sweet Home are amazing and make buying shit so much easier.

Bah I'm shopping for a new TV these days and I'll most likely buy a 4k one. It's worth it in the long run if you get a good price.

The main problem with that order was the fact that it's a curved TV.

If you're already buying a TV, yeah, no reason not to. If it's just an impulse buy anyway, might as well wait.

And curved is hilarious and dumb. That sure was a thing that did not go as planned.

Megasoum

Banned
Does any of the consoles currently available even support 4k bluray?

I'm not sure how I could even try out the 4k stuff to see how it looks.

yami4ct

Netflix has some 4K stuff afaik.

The problem with streaming 4K is not only compression, but the speed and capacity requirements of streaming 4K are beyond the reach of a massive amount of people (Talking about the US of course. Some countries have solved this infrastructure problem).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What all do you own or use on a regular basis?

Right now for my daily commute I'm using the aurisonics harmony. I use either them or the ocharaku flat-4 nami at home, depending if I need isolation. Waiting on the next time massdrop still the fostex thx00 for me next set of full sized cans.

Zocano

Apples are damn overrated. I don't get how anyone here can love apples over pears or kiwi.

Watermelon is the GOAT fruit.

jaina

Pineapple on Pizza is the best.
2809968-0304398845-drewr.gif

I'd much rather spend money on a G-Sync monitor than 4K, and even there I'm still hesitant and waiting for a new model every time.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's good, but apple is the best pizza fruit. I also had banana or plantain or something once, that was really good too.

I can't imagine apple but I want to try banana now. But when would you put that on the pizza, like 5 minutes before you pull it out of the oven?

Apples are damn overrated. I don't get how anyone here can love apples over pears or kiwi.

Watermelon is the GOAT fruit.

Apples are so basic. They are the plain oatmeal of fruits.
Watermelons, Pineapples, Oranges and Grapes are fruit god-tier.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Right now for my daily commute I'm using the aurisonics harmony. I use either them or the ocharaku flat-4 nami at home, depending if I need isolation. Waiting on the next time massdrop still the fostex thx00 for me next set of full sized cans.

I've been super fascinated by high-end headphones but have never taken the plunge on anything over around $120. I have a pair of ATH-M50s and a pair of Sennheiser Momentum.

Heimbeck

Banned
They might not have the big marketing campaigns other AAA fruit have, but they still count!

lol, fucking indie trash.
Anyway grapes won over 100 FOTY awards and tomatos didn't even get nominated, pretty clear what everyone thinks about them.
Or at least people who aren't stuck in the retro zone.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can't imagine apple but I want to try banana now. But when would you put that on the pizza, like 5 minutes before you pull it out of the oven?

Not sure, that's why I thought they might be plantains. They'd hold up to pizza heat better. Either way they were very thinly sliced. That's what works best for apples too in my experience. I haven't actually had pizza with chunks of apples on it, but that seems a little crazy.

Thin sliced apples plus something really salty (sausage or blue cheese have worked best for me) is the best pizza though.

Xater

lol, fucking indie trash.
Anyway grapes won over 100 FOTY awards and tomatos didn't even get nominated, pretty clear what everyone thinks about them.
Or at least people who aren't stuck in the retro zone.

You try eating some spaghetti or pizza with your grapes trash!

Antiwhippy

I've been super fascinated by high-end headphones but have never taken the plunge on anything over around $120. I have a pair of ATH-M50s and a pair of Sennheiser Momentum.

Eh, I'd say that you're good. At some point it's about tonality more than sheer technical performance. I think the momentums are pretty good actually, it's just that the lack of treble extension made me sell them. Plus right now I prefer in ears.

Diminishing returns for sure but I'm willing to pay the money for it.

justjim89

Wait, when did the newest Beastcast go up? I didn't even notice it.

Also, what's a layman's explanation for what Vinny is doing wrong in Kerbal?

BanGy.nz

Banned
Eh, I'd say that you're good. At some point it's about tonality more than sheer technical performance. I think the momentums are pretty good actually, it's just that the lack of treble extension made me sell them. Plus right now I prefer in ears.

Diminishing returns for sure but I'm willing to pay the money for it.
Please talk me out of buying a pair of Beats Pro headphones. I've come uncomfortably close a number of times to buying them.

danm999

I'm pretty sure he's been very fuel inefficient; using the wrong type of engines at the wrong time and is like, angling the ship wrong when in orbit?

Dunno, I'm a layman too and am only skimming comments.

Antiwhippy

Please talk me out of buying a pair of Beats Pro headphones. I've come uncomfortably close a number of times to buying them.

I mean they're overpriced trash. That should about do it.

The solo 2 is actually kinda decent for what they are.

Wait, when did the newest Beastcast go up? I didn't even notice it.

Incredibly inefficient maneuvers. Just because you can make a maneuver work from wherever you are in the orbit, doesn't mean you should. There are ideal spots to best utilize your position and velocity to make a rendezvous.

The ship design could use some work too, but the main culprit are things like turning west, eyeballing orbital maneuvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom