• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Not a big fan of TITS either tbh

Fun at first but after a while I get bored and wanna move on to other stuff

yami4ct

Trails in the Sky is a game for people who like reading. A lot of reading. That game is like 80% reading.

SC is one of best games I've played in forever. The writing is so damn good.

I wasn't completely sold on the Trails universe until SC. Take that for what you will. I liked FC quite a bit, but I feel completely in love with SC.

Rainmaker

Banned
Kiwi is and always will be best fruit until Mega Kiwi is created. With Mega Kiwi we will be able to fashion clothes out of its fuzz.

Really guys, I can't think of a fruit that I dislike. I haven't had many of the more "exotic" fruits, but I bet I'd like those too.

[EDIT] I really want to try one of these things:

tumblr_naqqufrST41tjiwazo2_1280.jpg

I mean, what the hell is going on there?

daydream

Banned
i think i can nail down my issues with the parts of agdq i find unsavoury now

it's basically all the parts that relate to the mentality of "gamer culture" (and the language, behaviour, etc. that go along with that)

that doesn't make goof troop runs with blechy commentating any less fascinating, though

it's basically all the parts that relate to the mentality of "gamer culture" (and the language, behaviour, etc. that go along with that)

that doesn't make goof troop runs with blechy commentating any less fascinating, though

I'm right there with you. I just can't watch the streams because the people make me cringe. To be clear, though, it's totally a me problem not a them problem.

tuxfool

Banned
Really guys, I can't think of a fruit that I dislike. I haven't had many of the more "exotic" fruits, but I bet I'd like those too.

[EDIT] I really want to try one of these things:

tumblr_naqqufrST41tjiwazo2_1280.jpg

I mean, what the hell is going on there?

Despite what I said on the previous page, Dragon Fruit isn't all that special. They're nice but nothing like their name suggests.

Brashnir

Fun fact - most apples taste like garbage. If you plant 1000 apple seeds and grow 1000 apple trees, you might get one tree that produces tasty apples. Orchards take branches from these "good" trees and graft them onto other trees. Every Red Delicious apple comes from one tree, with branches grafted like this. Same for every Honeycrisp apple, every Fuji, and so on.

I like fruit, but I dislike most melons, grapes, pears, peaches and kiwi.

I'm a stupidly picky eater, though.
Naw, all those are great.
Dragonfruit
Despite what I said on the previous page, Dragon Fruit isn't all that special. They're nice but nothing like their name suggests.
That is super disappointing.
Fun fact - most apples taste like garbage. If you plant 1000 apple seeds and grow 1000 apple trees, you might get one tree that produces tasty apples. Orchards take branches from these "good" trees and graft them onto other trees. Every Red Delicious apple comes from one tree, with branches grafted like this. Same for every Honeycrisp apple, every Fuji, and so on.

I was somewhere that had apple trees once. I couldn't believe they were the same "apples" I buy at the store. Tiny little sour pieces of shit, that's what those trees grew.

yami4ct

I was somewhere that had apple trees once. I couldn't believe they were the same "apples" I buy at the store. Tiny little sour pieces of shit, that's what those trees grew.

Apples that come off of trees not specifically designed to make tasty fruit are garbage. We have apple trees in our yard and I'd never eat one of those fruits. Pretty flowers, though.

Nothing beats fresh apples from a real orchard, on the other hand.

Zaph

I'm posting on neogaf so can't exactly claim to be above it, but yes, I find that stuff completely unwatchable - even when they're on a gb segment.

Apples that come off of trees not specifically designed to make tasty fruit are garbage. We have apple trees in our yard and I'd never eat one of those fruits. Pretty flowers, though.

In my hometown there's an Apple orchard that sells fresh-squeezed apple juice during the summer. It's the nectar of the gods, so fucking good.

Brashnir

It's not that they're designed to make good fruit. They just keep planting trees until they get a good one and then clone the branches from it.

And if you want to get into a real fucked up fruit industry, Bananas are well... bananas.

yami4ct

It's not that they're designed to make good fruit. They just keep planting trees until they get a good one and then clone the branches from it.

And if you want to get into a real fucked up fruit industry, Bananas are well... bananas.

You are absolutely correct. Could have picked a better word there probably.

The story about bananas are insane. The fact that they basically engineered bananas back after a huge disease really shows how crazy we get with agriculture.

While not banana crazy, the stories going around about cacao bean engineering are insane and fascinating as well.

danm999

I had a friend once who swore off of Big Agriculture's output because of vague complaints about pesticides and GMOs and the like and decided to grow their own fruit but was back to supermarket fruit within six months because of how good it tasted.

I guess there's something to Dan's evil science food opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom