• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Secret best fruit is Persimmon/Kaki. They're also everywhere (in Europe) now. Not sure what happened

daydream

Banned
why are 151 videos a robustness test?

cause it's not a robustness test, at all

not to mention someone put a p4 er playlist together ages ago

i know other content suffers (though maybe not with beast being able to take over) but i would do some things for a new er

Jintor

maxresdefault.jpg

KING
OF
FRUIT

I started watching GB with the Deadly Premonition run as they were putting it out. I finally started the Persona 4 ER at the start of 2012 and it was like partway through 2013 when I finished and it was dope. Maybe it's time for a rewatch that will pry take me 5 years to finish.

kvk1

I honestly don't remember what brought me to Giant Bomb.

It feels like one day I just got a subscription and the rest is a blur.

daydream

Banned
i think i was trying out a whole bunch of podcasts when arrow pointing down had just been turned into the bombcast that we know and love. the site was still in its nascency so catching up on everything that had been posted up to that point was ezpz.

and here i am today, robbed of literally thousands of hours i could have spent on becoming the world's #1 expert on any number of things

Heimbeck

Banned
I think I came to GB because they were (and still are) the only site that puts out some informative video about a game when it releases.
So I always watched the Quick Looks for new releases, and eventually just started watching the other stuff they did.

The only real mystery is why I started coming to these threads.

Haunted

Cleaning up their Youtube channel with organised playlists was long overdue. Ever since the interns left, their channel was little more than a dumping ground.

They've removed the old (incomplete, outdated) playlists and made new ones, categorising the Persona Endurance Run, Unfinished, GOTY 2015, Quicklooks. Old Games Show and TANG. https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealGiantBomb/playlists. All updated within the last two days. They're not finished yet, but it's much cleaner already.

Bowlie

Banned
I listen to a local podcast for years and they always talk about how Giant Bomb is kind of their inspiration and goal.

In 2013 I decided I should give GB a try and started watching their QLs (the podcast was too intimidating since I didn't know anyone there). After some months I began consuming everything they've been doing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't envy the person that has to clean up those YouTube playlists. Their interface for it is awful.

You guys should go back and check out the old Gamespot content. Even in a time where video content wasn't king they did awesome stuff like On the Spot and Button Mashers (of course the Hotspot too, but I can't imagine anyone going through all those).

I could've spent the 2 hours every week finally watching Star Wars, or Alien, or any of the hundreds of popular movies I've never seen.

UPF is better tho.

Myggen

Yeah, the Playlist feature on Youtube is pretty terrible. I don't envy anyone who has to "clean up" a channel with as many videos as GB.

AcridMeat

Banned
You guys should go back and check out the old Gamespot content. Even in a time where video content wasn't king they did awesome stuff like On the Spot and Button Mashers (of course the Hotspot too, but I can't imagine anyone going through all those).
I have such fond memories of coming home from school on Thursdays for On the Spot. If I was early enough I'd be able to watch it from the start. I don't think I knew anyone who also watched it at the time. Button Mashing was fun too, I wanted to be on it pretty bad back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom