• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabas

Banned
Gundam The Origin is great (and I don't even like mecha/Gundam outside of 08th MS Team and the first season of Gundam Build Fighters). Just ordered volumes 9, 10, and 11 from Barnes and Noble because of the buy 2, get one free manga promotion.

Zaph

I think Jeff dropped a hint about the video Bombcast format saying it'll be 30 minutes? So I'm guessing it's an edited down highlight reel of the full Bombcast? Would make sense, the fan-made clips on Youtube are really popular.

Wunder

I think Jeff dropped a hint about the video Bombcast format saying it'll be 30 minutes? So I'm guessing it's an edited down highlight reel of the full Bombcast? Would make sense, the fan-made clips on Youtube are really popular.

that sounds like a lot of editing

danm999

That'd be something Drew or Jason would have to do presumably.

yami4ct

Gundam The Origin is great (and I don't even like mecha/Gundam outside of 08th MS Team and the first season of Gundam Build Fighters). Just ordered volumes 9, 10, and 11 from Barnes and Noble because of the buy 2, get one free manga promotion.

That's a hell of a deal for how nice those volumes are.

Myggen

Yeah, I caught that too but it can honestly mean several things and I'm not sure how serious he was with that.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Maybe the bombcast will only be 30 minutes long from now on.

hamchan

It'll be animated like the Ricky Gervais podcast.

Jintor

i don't have access to LiS right noow but is there a way to turn off the 'you made a choice' notifications? That stuff is stressing me the fuuuuuuuuuuck out

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
what was your last choice?
Fuck her! Well, metaphorically.

i don't have access to LiS right noow but is there a way to turn off the 'you made a choice' notifications? That stuff is stressing me the fuuuuuuuuuuck out
Don't think so. They're also your "time to rewind" reminder sometimes, quite useful.

You know, the worst thing about the game are probably the achievements.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
LiS Spoilers:

That town is hot garbage. Chloe is life.

^ LiS Spoilers ^
See, I like the town! Chloe might actually be a little too Manic Pixie Dream Girl for me to connect in a way I would kill everyone else for.

Finished 5, still wrong!

LiS spoilers:
I love when a story wraps back around like that. Completely happy with the ending/choices over here.

Glad to see someone else enjoyed it. I thought episode 5 left a lot to be desired and ran on way too long, but still did some cool stuff.

I liked the endings enough though
Chloe had to die. I ain't killin a whole town even if I hate 80% of them.

Fireblend

Banned
I mean, it makes sense that the
true
ending of LiS consists on Max
coming to terms with the fact that she has to live with her and others' decisions by accepting Chloe's despite not wanting her to die

I loved LiS all the way through.

kvk1

Chloe asked to die, are you really gonna disagree with your waifu?

LiS Spoilers:

She shows poor and erratic judgment in every scene of that game, only to be constantly corrected by my Max's playstyle. I include her "final request" in this long line of spontaneously stupid ideas.

I didn't save her dumbass through five (5) straight episodes, fucking up lives in alternate timelines left and right, just to kill her off at the end.

I had no connection with anyone in Arcadia Bay at the end of the game stronger than I had with Chloe.

Is it kind of fucked up in the big picture moral sense destroying a whole town? Yes.

But thank god for a good video game that will let me indulge in such a strong and sacrificial act of friendship and love and have it mean something.

So get fucked Arcadia Bay, I'm just an 18 year old girl who needs my best friend.

^ LiS Spoilers ^

Kimaka

See, I like the town! Chloe might actually be a little too Manic Pixie Dream Girl for me to connect in a way I would kill everyone else for.

Yeah.
I wasn't all that into Chole like most people seem to be. I loved her friendship with Max, but not her character. Kate is better.

Jothel

I missed all of the GOTY skit talk but what did people think about the more "straight" skits like or Austin's build club or Vinny's cooking bit? Apart from the intro bit and the music it seemed kinda just like a normal cooking show, unless I'm missing something super obvious, they didn't seem to go for the comedy like they did before.
Not complaining just thought it was interesting

Jintor

austin's stuff is all super on-point parodies but because it's so on-point it's not actually very funny even if you know what it's parodying

vinny's stuff just made me hungry

Jothel

austin's stuff is all super on-point parodies but because it's so on-point it's not actually very funny even if you know what it's parodying

Yeah, I mean I could see what they were going for but still

danm999

LiS

If Arcadia Bay didn't want me to use my fucked up powers to destroy it, maybe it shouldn't have been such a relentlessly shitty place that gave me my fucked up powers specifically to save Chloe in the first place.

Team Chloe.

hey jintor

Charisma.com

TALK&CUSTOMER GREETING(AUTOGRAPH)
2016/01/16 (土) 13:00
HMV&BOOKS TOKYO

『がめつくストロング』発売記念
カリスマドットコム トーク&サイン会開催!

『がめつくストロング』の発売を記念にして、
カリスマドットコムのサイン会を開催します。
日時 2016年1月16日(土)13時~
会場 HMV&BOOKS TOKYO(東京・渋谷) 7階イベントスペース
参加方法 HMV&BOOKS TOKYOで対象商品をご予約のお客様に先着でサイン会参加券を配布
対象商品 カリスマドットコム「がめつくストロング」9784594074159 扶桑社刊 1,620円(税込)

注意事項:
★ご予約は店頭・電話で承っております。
★観覧はフリー。参加券お持ちのお客様からご来場順に優先入場となります。
★参加券をお持ちのお客様で来場者先着で椅子席をご用意致します。
★参加券1枚でお一人様がサイン会に参加できます。
★対象商品にサインします。イベント当日は商品とサイン会参加券を忘れずお持ちください。
★いかなる場合(紛失・焼却・破損等)も参加券の再発行は致しません。
★当日スタッフからの案内がある場合を除いて、イベント中の撮影、録音、録画は一切禁止させて頂きます。
★イベントは止むを得ない理由等により変更/中止になる可能性がございます。
★施設内や会場での荷物置き等による場所取り行為や座り込みは禁止とさせて頂きます。

お問合せ:HMV&BOOKS TOKYO 03-5784-3270(11:00〜23:00)

FluxWaveZ

LiS

If Arcadia Bay didn't want me to use my fucked up powers to destroy it, maybe it shouldn't have been such a relentlessly shitty place that gave me my fucked up powers specifically to save Chloe in the first place.

Team Chloe.

That's the spirit.
And Max proceeded to destroy every other town she visited with Chloe afterwards.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
LiS

Team Chloe.

Was it ever indicated that it was arcadia bay that gave her the power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom