• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait, video bombcast?

:eek:

tumblr_muwvj0QxIV1rvo0tro2_250.gif

I missed all of the GOTY skit talk but what did people think about the more "straight" skits like or Austin's build club or Vinny's cooking bit? Apart from the intro bit and the music it seemed kinda just like a normal cooking show, unless I'm missing something super obvious, they didn't seem to go for the comedy like they did before.
Not complaining just thought it was interesting

Both skits made me want to do what they were doing.

I missed all of the GOTY skit talk but what did people think about the more "straight" skits like or Austin's build club or Vinny's cooking bit? Apart from the intro bit and the music it seemed kinda just like a normal cooking show, unless I'm missing something super obvious, they didn't seem to go for the comedy like they did before.

It was a beautiful and terrifying glimpse into what each crew member is gonna do when Giant Bomb closes down and they all go on to be Youtube sensations.

I'd sub to all of them.

Dineren

Banned

I ended up buying a model gundam set even though I know nothing about models or gundam. As for Vinny's, I'm a terrible cook so I need all the help I can get.

speaking of amplitude, anyone else worried harmonix isn't going to make it through this year?

Yeah.....

It sucks but they keep making bad bets.

Rockband 4 was a terrible idea. Its a amazing gesture to the RockBand community but nice gestures dont pay bills.

Amplitude is a cool idea in that post Brutal Legend Double Fine model where you pump out 3 small games a year that do "Ok" but its only 1 game and I dont think the small VR games are gonna help much.

They should have branched out from the music thing while they still had the resources. I always said I wanted to see a Harmonix game where music plays a big part but that isnt a music game. I could have seen them make a sick Tony Hawk clone if it was the mid 00's again.

Harmonix's rhythm-based flash game shooter was a real headscratcher, to me. Not to mention downsizing shortly after the Amplitude Kickstarter, which really made it seem like a Hail Mary of some sort.

Bacon

Whatever happened to that music shooter harmonix announced? Did that thing get scrapped? I remember it looking pretty rough.

Ryman

Vinny's video standing alone may not have been funny, however, when juxtaposed with Dan's video I found it quite humorous.

As for Austin's video, while cute, it wasn't really funny, but still a good watch.

Oh, deer.
Whatever happened to that music shooter harmonix announced? Did that thing get scrapped? I remember it looking pretty rough.

I completely forgot about that one.

Chroma was a free-to-play rhythm shooter in Early Access for a bit(?) and then shut down because... it's a little crazy, innit.

danm999

Alex's comment on the Beastcast that he doesn't know who buys Harmonix on the most recent Beastcast seems to indicate he doesn't see much of a future for that company beyond some crazy long shot.

No_Style

LiS

If Arcadia Bay didn't want me to use my fucked up powers to destroy it, maybe it shouldn't have been such a relentlessly shitty place that gave me my fucked up powers specifically to save Chloe in the first place.

Team Chloe.

I liked Arcadia Bay. There were some very nice people there but I chose Chloe because I figured using Max's powers to go back again might have destroyed the universe.

Team Universe

doesn't seem like it's going for that twist the way eversion did (by building up to it and have that be the entire point)

e.g. you never mess with the game's code in eversion

I get that, but it's hard not to roll my eyes when a game does that "oh it's candycane lane
but also cthulhu's here
" shit with their aesthetic. Eversion was a 2008 game, so that whole idea isn't exactly fresh.

Wrestling is interesting enough again to have a podcast about it.

WWE's new signings rumors, post Wrestle Kingdom 10 talk, and pre-Rumble talk. That's 2 hours right there. Jeff can be annoyed about something for 15 minutes too should he need to be.

BOOK IT!

WWE's new signings rumors, post Wrestle Kingdom 10 talk, and pre-Rumble talk. That's 2 hours right there. Jeff can be annoyed about something for 15 minutes too should he need to be.

BOOK IT!

gotta wait until after the rumble so Drew can be on it, dingus

daydream

Banned
I get that, but it's hard not to roll my eyes when a game does that "oh it's candycane lane
but also cthulhu's here
" shit with their aesthetic. Eversion was a 2008 game, so that whole idea isn't exactly fresh.

game x did y first so game z can't do something even remotely(!) similar eight years later

ok

A short pre Rumble prediction cast and then a proper powerbombcast afterwards would be nice.

Rumble seems like a good event to do predictions for. You got who wins what and Who randomly shows up.

hamchan

BOOK IT!

I want to hear Alex be bummed about his hero Nakamura joining the WWE to be buried in bad storylines.

Will Synchtube ever be free from the Boohbah zone?

considering you don't have to be registered to put videos up, totally

game x did y first so game z can't do something even remotely(!) similar eight years later

ok

It's just that it's an aesthetic that's novel the first time but comes off as derivative after that. You can't really put the genie back in the bottle with a style that specific.

I'm not shitting on the game as a whole, but my experience with Eversion makes it hard not to go "Simpsons did it" at first glance.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Pony Island seems right up Jeff's alley, hopefully a QL is incoming

hamchan

Watching the original Gundam and I've kinda zoned out 5 eps in since it's been a pretty repetitive Amuro vs Char battle at the end of every ep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom