• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
See I was worried it was going to go the other way and be a RBG choice like Mass Effect 3.

And yeah Eredin really isn't an important character, but the core of that game is the Geralt/Ciri relationship. Having the entire ending pivot on the small moments and ways Geralt treated her over the course of the game was exactly the right way to handle that in my opinion.

Having Geralt be either a broken shell or a proud father by the game's end felt more impactful than other RPGs where I'm fundamentally altering world states.
I agree so much with this I want to hug you

Man I forgot how ugly the first Gameboy Mario game was, jesus

it was an interesting experiment. those early games went about trying to handle the hilariously low resolution one of two ways, shrink everything to try to approximate NES resolution, or make the sprites look good at the cost of screen real estate

item_spiderball.gif

it's actually kind of impressive that they later did a pretty good job of compromise

danm999

I know Dan said it on the podcast but it's hard to believe there are levels more fucked than his or Jeff's.

It's probably how those two live with themselves though; all the evil and suffering their creations are spreading probably seem trivial compared to that.

Though if Dan could ever figure out how to make a level that complex I'm pretty sure it'd kill Patrick.

Heimbeck

Banned
I know Dan said it on the podcast but it's hard to believe there are levels more fucked than his or Jeff's.

It's probably how those two live with themselves though; all the evil and suffering their creations are spreading probably seem trivial compared to that.

Jeff and Dan are like the evil dictators of Mario Maker levels.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It would just become tumblr without the chaos, which sounds really bad. I was always under the impression that Twitter management doesn't understand what people like about their platform. Every change or update was somewhat aweful and most of the good stuff (hashtags) wasn't their idea either.

The people I see being really annoyed by the limit increase is people that get a shit ton of shitty replies. Oh god, think about gamergate fuckers, nothing they need more than more room to spew.

Paul has some pretty strong views on Bloodborne and he wants you to know about it

At least Mario Kart would get some recognition at GB for once.

"We were thinking about making feature changes that encourage people to use our service as a platform for sociopolitical discourse, because that's everyone LOVES about social media."

Strax

Yeah I played it all in one go but I found lots of the Novigrad stuff very enjoyable, especially the role playing as the super hero bits.

Why does Dandelion say Novigrad during "loading" screens in a way nobody (not even himself as young buck) does. It really bugged me.

Noaloha

Picked up Kerbal over xmas; big shit-eating grin on my face right now as I just managed a successful B.E.A.S.T. Project for the first time (not counting recovery of strandeds, cough). I am over the mun, so to speak.

It's fascinating how important fuel use efficiency is with how thrust to weight ratio factors in. Sooo many attempts where, no matter the rocket I built, I was always lacking fuel for a successful return leg. Very doable though, Vinny and crew got this.

if i had a nickel for every time someone says "doesnt run with this pack" or "doesn't hang in this crowd" during these goty casts im listening to now i would cause a national shortage in nickels by the end of day two

ultron87

I played some more Ori and like it a lot (and the music is definitely superb), but man if it isn't the most demoralizing thing when your mind wanders and you forget to make a manual checkpoint for a bit then die and have to do a big chunk over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom