• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
the AI in homefront is so completely useless that the most fun thing to do is just load up the autoshotgun and sprint into their bases dumping shells

and they can't do shit about it

also you can knee slide like 10 feet so that's funny

So, you're saying I can play it like Vanquish?

well except that cover is useless here, sure

my holographic sight says "u mad bro?" on it

the enemies are more dangerous the farther away from them you are. if you're standing a foot away from them they'll miss like 70% shots, but they can hit you across the map easily

so you get the kneepads for extra slide, the perk that lets you run 25% faster, and you blood dragon the shit out of the game

Meguro

Banned
I've got chinese food, now I'm ready for some VinnyVania.
I wonder if Vinny will just go with Whip guy or if he'll try Lecarde.

Wunder

I've been hooked just by the sheer amount of different ways to play. Hearthstone always seemed to revolve around a specific card or two but with Magic so far it seems like there is completely different playstyles and deck styles and it's had me hooked.

Yeah I can see that. The attacking/defending in Magic lends to that being possible, however I will say the 'better' or more refined decks in Magic can revolve around a combo of a handful of cards, so in that sense it shares the same aspects with Hearthstone.

I never really liked Duels because it felt like a much more limited version of the real thing, but for a $X video game it's pretty good.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've been hooked just by the sheer amount of different ways to play. Hearthstone always seemed to revolve around a specific card or two but with Magic so far it seems like there is completely different playstyles and deck styles and it's had me hooked.

I will easily say that Magic is a "better" game than Hearthstone, and honestly "better" than basically other TCG created, but I always feel its important to qualify that because while the core design of Magic is rock solid, it has also benefited from two decades of iteration and from a very large staff of professional designers making it full time, which is something that just about no other card game ever manages

But goddamn Magic needs to get their digital asses in gear. Their company has a new CEO with experience in digital initiatives now I believe, I really hope whatever their "Magic Next" thing or whatever is is an actual, competent piece of software

Yeah I can see that. The attacking/defending in Magic lends to that being possible, however I will say the 'better' or more refined decks in Magic can revolve around a combo of a handful of cards, so in that sense it shares the same aspects with Hearthstone.

I never really liked Duels because it felt like a much more limited version of the real thing, but for a $X video game it's pretty good.

Duels is free now, so maybe it's changed a bit?

I could end up getting into and realizing it's just as frustrating farther down the line, but at least at face value it seems awesome so far. I was just in the mood for something to get into in person and DnD seemed much harder to get into with finding people to play with and it being longer and everything else outside of Magic seemed like such a steeper point of entry. With Magic I can get a good feeling for it and go down to the local shop and possibly play once a week or so. That's all I was really looking for.

I will easily say that Magic is a "better" game than Hearthstone, and honestly "better" than basically other TCG created, but I always feel its important to qualify that because while the core design of Magic is rock solid, it has also benefited from two decades of iteration and from a very large staff of professional designers making it full time, which is something that just about no other card game ever manages

But goddamn Magic needs to get their digital asses in gear. Their company has a new CEO with experience in digital initiatives now I believe, I really hope whatever their "Magic Next" thing or whatever is is an actual, competent piece of software

Maybe cause I am just now getting into it or something, but so far the digital game hasn't been all that bad. It's definitely not as polished and nice as something like hearthstone but it doesn't seem as bad and clinky as I remember their first attempts were on the console.

Wunder

Duels is free now, so maybe it's changed a bit?

I could end up getting into and realizing it's just as frustrating farther down the line, but at least at face value it seems awesome so far. I was just in the mood for something to get into in person and DnD seemed much harder to get into with finding people to play with and it being longer and everything else outside of Magic seemed like such a steeper point of entry. With Magic I can get a good feeling for it and go down to the local shop and possibly play once a week or so. That's all I was really looking for.

Maybe cause I am just now getting into it or something, but so far the digital game hasn't been all that bad. It's definitely not as polished and nice as something like hearthstone but it doesn't seem as bad and clinky as I remember their first attempts were on the console.

Ooo I didn't realized they'd rebranded Duels of the Planeswalker into this F2P product. Seems interesting, but yeah Duels is/was great as a jumping off point for those interested in Magic but didn't want to go to their local game shop and ask someone to teach them.

popo

Danny O'Dwyer has a couple of podcast of his own, a nice branding and a nice Youtube. I'm wondering if he's considering leaving Gamespot and doing his own thing like the Kinda Funny guys did

disclaimer : this is 100% speculation i'm just wondering

He is kinda tied to CBS for the visa as long as he wants to stay in the US.

It is sad but 20 years ago he would have had a good chance at citizenship after working in the US for 5 years. Now if CBS gets rid of him, his best chance is getting hitched to an american woman.

When the Beastcast was talking about putting your seatback on a flight being a dick move...that was a bit, right?

Oh boy you're just now having that creeping realization that a good amount of people have stewed in their hatred for you for hours and hours directly behind you

Strax

Daheza

Should I submit a request to my work to unblock port 9323 so that I can chat during the live streams? This is important.

justjim89

Finally rolled credits on Doom (awesome credits, btw) and it took me 17 hours on Hurt Me Plenty. What a fucking game, god damn. That's the game to beat for GOTY for me, personally.

Finally rolled credits on Doom (awesome credits, btw) and it took me 17 hours on Hurt Me Plenty. What a fucking game, god damn. That's the game to beat for GOTY for me, personally.

All the gushing about Doom makes me wish I had time to juggle all these good games. Not even halfway through Uncharted 4 and then there's Overwatch coming soon.

There's a new elusive target being released for Hitman next Friday. If Brad keeps playing too much of the same game on UPF, will it result in more controversy?

I wanna see him play it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom