• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're an optimist, there are plenty of incompetent people with jobs they shouldn't have

of course I know that, I work with some. I just don't get a hard-on calling for blood because somebody made an unintentionally funny bad gameplay video.

that anybody can watch that and do anything but laugh is kind of crazy to me

Zaph

The way the video has blown up probably has a lot to do with people already hating Polygon and not needing much to declare the site's integrity dead.

Oh absolutely. As well as the desperate need some people have to prove this theory that most of the major enthusiast press is terrible/undeserving/against their audience (a sentiment also being perpetuated by some big youtubers).

Danny O'Dwyer has a couple of podcast of his own, a nice branding and a nice Youtube. I'm wondering if he's considering leaving Gamespot and doing his own thing like the Kinda Funny guys did

disclaimer : this is 100% speculation i'm just wondering

It's kind of a mutually beneficial thing. Places like Gamespot used to be uncomfortable having editors branch out, but the industry has changed so much that they want their 'personalities' to get out there and bring traffic back. For the editor, they know their job isn't the most stable one, so being able to establish themselves independently adds some security and might prevent them from jumping on the first Community Manager job that comes available.

Thanks for linking this Danny O'Dwyer news stream, y'all. It's pretty good.
No content and no Overwatch make thread something something

gWoICum.gif

Zaph

Danny just mentioned another high-profile guest next week for Danswers' return.

Has Dan mentioned who? Nikki Glaser again?

Myggen

Danny just mentioned another high-profile guest next week for Danswers' return.

Has Dan mentioned who? Nikki Glaser again?

Has not mentioned anything that I'm aware of. Since Glaser was on a few weeks ago I doubt it's her.

The high-profile guest will be Jeff Gerstmann.

hmm, that's interesting. it kinda solves a bunch of problems I was thinking about... well... I think so, theoretically, anyway...

Dashing and gun mechanics along with swordplay and a smattering of Metroid item collecting, but doing all of that with zero dialogue. It's really pretty unique, you'll only get "sorta kinda" when you want other games like it.

Like the gun and sword mix reminds me of the Megaman Zero series but with a top down perspective and limited shots.

April and May have seen the release of some just fantastic games. Dark Souls III, Ratchet and Clank, Stellaris, Uncharted 4, and Doom. I'm also excited for Overwatch.

What I'm saying is, it's a great time for video games.

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
_____ boy(s) is an Internet Humor (TM) thing

This is accurate. I picked it up like 4 years ago from a Youtube video called "everything i remember about grease in a weird american accent." (Sadly, that video has since been removed from the web, but it's so good and I'd pay actual money to have it back). There's a bit where the dude calls the T-Birds "the strong boys gang," and I've never looked back.

This is accurate. I picked it up like 4 years ago from a Youtube video called "everything i remember about grease in a weird american accent." (Sadly, that video has since been removed from the web, but it's so good and I'd pay actual money to have it back). There's a bit where the dude calls the T-Birds "the strong boys gang," and I've never looked back.

Goddammit I really wish I could see that video

kvk1

holy shit

whoever started playing the curb song during that beastcast airplane seating discussion

it was perfect

Zaph

Jeff is unhappy with CNET. HIRE HIM!

He's saying good things about the video podcast:

people worried video changes podcasts - but Jeff doesn't think it will because they're on video a lot and comfortable, so won't matter

There's a standing rule - no video 'bits' (like watching a trailer)

No additional in-studio advertising (like wearing tshirts), not unless they're offered a lot, and that's highly unlikely.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom