• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

I kinda want to play overwatch but the fact that my current PC is a toaster and my PS Plus lapsed means it would be a pricey buy in.

repeater

I'd take BEast as well, but I don't underestimate Dan's competitiveness or determination to do All That Is Necessary to win...
He is weighed down by Jeff not wanting to be part of whatever bullshit Dan's got going on, though. :D
(I wish I could recall Jeff's exact choice of words here, it was certainly a highlight of Us vs. Them)

Salarians

QWd0imk.gif
Whose child is that next to Jeff?

I would probably give up on the game if that happened me. Not only the tutorial is slow but the lack of cards in the early days hurts. I was saving up coins since March (when the Old Gods expansion was first talked about), and had 5000 coins ready to spend on 50 packs at expansion launch. Those cards and a bunch of dust really helped make me bit more competitive.

I crafted Twin Emperor Vek'lor a few days ago and it seemed to make the most difference of any single card I have put in my deck.

Yeah, new player Hearthstone sucks. You'll be facing a lot of experienced decks with gimmicks that you can't do anything about. The glacial gold gain also means you're better off doing dailies and nothing more... or, y'know, spending real money to buy boosters. It's a slow grind to gain cards that can actually do something useful, eventually building a deck around it.

I don't know why I punish myself by playing it. But I do.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Arthur Gies.

Honestly, a lot of people say Uncharted isn't a big seller. Always kinda confused me.

single player games don't really hold the decision much after the first few weeks so unless you're really invested in that game it could seem like it just came and went.

Zaph

Yeah, new player Hearthstone sucks. You'll be facing a lot of experienced decks with gimmicks that you can't do anything about. The glacial gold gain also means you're better off doing dailies and nothing more... or, y'know, spending real money to buy boosters. It's a slow grind to gain cards that can actually do something useful, eventually building a deck around it.

I don't know why I punish myself by playing it. But I do.

Yeah, quickly hitting that wall where all you're up against are highly refined netdecks is what ruins constructed for me. Much prefer arena, but a few bad drafts and it gets expensive.

Volotaire

E3's getting weird again.

ESA seem to be hedging their bets - if direct E3 participation from pubs/devs continues to drop off, they can put more focus into the public thing and still give the publisher events something to circle around.

It's odd that the ESA are not charging for this. I understand that they can get revenue from other streams during the event, but I would expect a lot of consumers are willing to put down a significant amount of cash to go this 'public' E3.

Patryn

It's odd that the ESA are not charging for this. I understand that they can get revenue from other streams during the event, but I would expect a lot of consumers are willing to put down a significant amount of cash to go this 'public' E3.

Just look at the demand for PAX, especially PAX Prime (excuse me, PAX West).

popo

E3 has to at least try and stay relevant. It has been milking publishers for booths and they (the pubs) finally decided the numbers don't add up.

The free event sounds like a decent idea. A lot better than tacking on public days to the main event.

Jeff has in the past repeated the myth that Sony exclusives don't sell well.

It's a commonly held misconception among the American gaming media.

www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=144062533

I mean Sony has had plenty of duds but I am sure on the bombcast Jeff specifically said Uncharted wasn't a priority for Sony as it was never a massive seller and the other guys agreed. It is no GTA or COD but the figures are plain to see.

pizzacat

Banned
Weren't the percentages of people who owned a PS3 and uncharted real low or was it a ps4? Not saying they sold nothing but at least more than enough to guarentee the next game and so on.

Zaph

I mean Sony has had plenty of duds but I am sure on the bombcast Jeff specifically said Uncharted wasn't a priority for Sony as it was never a massive seller and the other guys agreed. It is no GTA or COD but the figures are plain to see.

All things are relative. By "not selling well" probably means not being able to scream to the media their flagship first-party exclusive is the biggest entertainment launch of all time, like Microsoft used to with Halo.

I've never bothered with Uncharted, but fwiw, UC4 is the first time the series has felt everywhere. Cinema, TV, billboards, newspapers, the underground - Uncharted is getting the full treatment in a way that I've never really seen from Sony.

Strax

I had forgotten how low Jeff mixed the podcast when Ryan was sick or on holiday back in the day. Its like everybody is whispering.

Strax

TheYanger

The game that GBeast were grasping for in the Beastcast was probably the Stick of Truth, right?

I doubt it, that was always Obsidian.

I was pretty sure it was Stick of Truth too.

Yes, it was always Obsidian, but that was totally the game they kept saying "THIS HAS NO RIGHT TO BE THIS GOOD" a year and a half ago. It also had a SHITLOAD of turmoil with publishers and internal bullshit, whether it stuck with Obsidian or not.

I've never bothered with Uncharted, but fwiw, UC4 is the first time the series has felt everywhere. Cinema, TV, billboards, newspapers, the underground - Uncharted is getting the full treatment in a way that I've never really seen from Sony.
Yeah the marketing push for UC4 is one of the most aggressive I've seen in ages. The amount of advertising I see in London is one thing but I'm even seeing billboards for it in places that never advertise video games.
I was pretty sure it was Stick of Truth too.

Yes, it was always Obsidian, but that was totally the game they kept saying "THIS HAS NO RIGHT TO BE THIS GOOD" a year and a half ago. It also had a SHITLOAD of turmoil with publishers and internal bullshit, whether it stuck with Obsidian or not.
Sure, but they specifically spoke about games that had bounced around between developers. It's possible that they were thinking of something like South Park but who knows.

Meguro

Banned
How will I survive the time until Overwatch releases without any GB content?
Maybe I'll just go watch every Load our last Save again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom