• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I don't think Jeff's snooker character works. Snooker is more high class. Now if this was a darts game he'd be right.

kAmui-

I'm 2 minutes into this QL and they've already said the word snooker so many times that the word has lost it's meaning.

Snooker is crazy popular in Asia.

There's a Chinese player in the final right now and they think upwards of 250m people are watching it on TV.

When I was growing up it was always kind of a UK & Ireland only thing with smatterings of other places.

There's a Chinese player in the final right now and they think upwards of 250m people are watching it on TV.

When I was growing up it was always kind of a UK & Ireland only thing with smatterings of other places.
I thought it was destined to be Fu to face Junhui. Selby likely has it in the bag though.

EDIT -
my only knowledge of Snooker comes from the Mitchell & Webb sketches I've watched on Netflix
You're pretty much up to speed then!

Xater

I have seen Snooker here on German TV in the afternoon. It's not big though. Most places just have pool tables. Probably easier because they are smaller. I think you are right with saying it's mostly a UK&Ireland thing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think I actually know the difference between snooker and pool.

I think this is the first time I've learnt that they're 2 different things.

Yeah you don't get snooker tables in UK pubs either, just pool, they are too big. You need to go to snooker halls/social clubs.

The skill level of pro players is really impressive.

I don't think I actually know the difference between snooker and pool.

I think this is the first time I've learnt that they're 2 different things.

Snooker is on a bigger table, smaller pockets, harder to pot balls. It has a scoring system for each ball instead of straight clearing.

Those are the main differences. Pool is much easier, like most American versions of established sports amirite?

popo

At this point I am not sure Danny is really from Ireland at all. Could just be his online persona.

Claims to have owned a snooker table and yet doesn't even know 147 break.

Jeff seems to be doing okay, I though he would have trouble with the green, brown, pink, red colour blind thing.

Also real numbered pool balls were very rare when I was a kid. Bootleg Red and Yellow were much cheaper.

15486682-A-green-cloth-billiards-or-pool-table-with-english-league-red-and-yellow-balls-Stock-Photo.jpg

Oh yeah. All the Chinese sponsorship is cool. Having those ugly stick on patches they make the players wear - one for Betfred and the other straight up a Chinese brand, is pretty wild.

Asia is the only thing keeping Snooker in business at the moment. Used to be much more popular. A lot blame shit like the "miss" rule.

Pro snooker is also a crazy endurance run.

The final right now is the best of 35.

Keep in mind these games making up the 35 can last anywhere between 20 minutes and an hour.

Myggen

Some quality AI in this snooker game.

Also yes, their tape player isn`t working properly. Jeff talked about having to take it apart to try to fix it.

kvk1

In all fairness to Danny, anytime he's put on content like this the guys treat him like the de facto ambassador to all of Europe.

That's a lot of pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom