• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

Cx10WoB.jpg

Xater

Yup, ebay.

Or down the line when Activision thinks it got enough people to buy Infinite Warfare for it.

Although one theory I heard earlier today that might also be plausible is that they don't do a Zombies like thing and COD4 is that. So the season pass might get you new maps for the remaster. That would be some really devious stuff.

Although one theory I heard earlier today that might also be plausible is that they don't do a Zombies like thing and COD4 is that. So the season pass might get you new maps for the remaster. That would be some really devious stuff.

They've said that they're doing a Zombies mode so I doubt they'll be throwing the remaining COD4 maps in the IW season pass, makes more sense to try and get two lots of DLC money out of people.

They've said that they're doing a Zombies mode so I doubt they'll be throwing the remaining COD4 maps in the IW season pass, makes more sense to try and get two lots of DLC money out of people.

of course.

in the meantime I've downloaded a bot mod for CoD4 and have been playing that, I have a feeling it's probably better than whatever this ends up being

Xater

Ok I missed that. Then they will just wait a while before they will sell COD4 Remaster separately. Just so they can get some extra sales out of that.

of course.

in the meantime I've downloaded a bot mod for CoD4 and have been playing that, I have a feeling it's probably better than whatever this ends up being

I downloaded COD4 again after it came up in this thread the other day and finding a server that didn't have a bunch of dumb restrictions was a real pain. I'm sceptical that this remaster will actually be good but I really hope I'm proven wrong because being able to easily play COD4 again would be rad.
Ok I missed that. Then they will just wait a while before they will sell COD4 Remaster separately. Just so they can get some extra sales out of that.

Yeah, I imagine they will break it out on it's own around this time next year.

GavinGT

Banned
streaming where? don't see anything on twitter

I got the LiveBomb alert. It said something like "Let's see if Nioh works better from Austin's home internet connection!"

The chat page went up for a few minutes, but there was no chat window. So I assume he brought it down until the engineers get the chat up. Or he was just poking around and he isn't planning to play until later.

Snooker is harder, by a lot. All the balls are smaller and harder to control and the table is bigger.
And the pockets are tiny and the baize is lightning-fast and the...etc!

3rd session out of 4 is in the books. I'd heartily recommend watching the final session if non-Brits can - world championship snooker finals can and have very frequently, been so, so dramatic!

jaina

I got the LiveBomb alert. It said something like "Let's see if Nioh works better from Austin's home internet connection!"

The chat page went up for a few minutes, but there was no chat window. So I assume he brought it down until the engineers get the chat up. Or he was just poking around and he isn't planning to play until later.
hah, thanks. After checking everything else I even looked at giantbomb.com, but by then the chat must've already been gone.

TraBuch

Banned
This Dangerous Golf junt looks really meh. And I wish that dude would stop interrupting Jeff, he was about to tell an interesting story.

TraBuch

Banned
Is that whole calling your TV provider and telling them you want to cancel and getting a huge discount to stay thing still happening? Or are they finally like "Fuck off, cancel, I don't care"?

mintyice

Is that whole calling your TV provider and telling them you want to cancel and getting a huge discount to stay thing still happening? Or are they finally like "Fuck off, cancel, I don't care"?

Yeah that's totally still a thing. Customer retention is huge.

Neh, they try to discount it as much as possible and even after you cancel call you with just about every special they have afterward as well. I've had no cable or satellite for about 2 years and I constantly(by constantly I really just mean every couple months or so) get calls from both Time Warner and DirecTV.

yeah the retention game is still strong.

if you want to cancel and not have them fight you, tell them you're moving in with somebody that already has [whatever service you're cancelling]

TraBuch

Banned
Cool beans. I've been a customer for like eight years and have been thinking of canceling, but if I can get a pretty nice discount, I'd stay for a bit.

Xater

That some people expected Activision to sell the COD4 Remaster separately right away is baffling to me. Do you not know how businesses work?

justjim89

I've never heard of Snooker before. The whole time I was watching the QL on the treadmill today, I was convinced it was some inside joke between Dan, Danny, and Jeff and not a real thing. Googled it when I got in and what the shit? It's a real thing people do? Like, billiards but more complicated?

Liamc723

I've never heard of Snooker before. The whole time I was watching the QL on the treadmill today, I was convinced it was some inside joke between Dan, Danny, and Jeff and not a real thing. Googled it when I got in and what the shit? It's a real thing people do? Like, billiards but more complicated?

...Yeah? What's so hard to comprehend about Snooker that would make it seem like not a real thing?

Chuck

Still without luck
Can someone isolate Austin's "whoa!" reaction to Jeff B's get-off-my-grass story from the latest Beastcast? I want to make it my text tone.

Liamc723

If you haven`t heard about something before you might not think it`s a real ting until you look it up.

But convincing yourself that it's not real and is just some inside joke that they decided to make a QL out of is going a bit far. If this was me and hearing about Snooker I'd think "Huh, cool."

Crazy, I know.

Myggen

But convincing yourself that it's not real and is just some inside joke that they decided to make a QL out of is going a bit far. If this was me and hearing about Snooker I'd think "Huh, cool."

Crazy, I know.

People react to different things in different ways. There's a lot of inside jokes at GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom