• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

New Giantbomb employe Christian is already hard at work

Chd6yFRU8AAzOC3.jpg:large

Where on Twitter did you find that one? Didn't see it posted by any of the GB guys.

Strax

Dangerous Golf looks meh. I hoping for minigolf/golf game set in stupid places, not a physics showcase.
Its like Goat Simulator with non of the surreal/dumb humor appeal.

Strax

It's interesting there have been 2 unfinished EX's of mediocre golf games.

What are the odds?

Its just a mindblowing failure of design/writing. Throwing a golf ball to break expensive stuff is not funny if that is the point of the game. Same goes for the giant Robot golf game, if the game is in on the joke and its not well playing how gives a fuck?

- A developer is in the studio
- it's not as good as a regular QL

- it will be bad.

Nobody can be rude or make fun of a game with a dev sat right there. Watching a QL where the guys are polite and clearly not saying what they want to doesn't really serve any purpose, as far as I can see.

Myggen

- it will be bad.

Nobody can be rude or make fun of a game with a dev sat right there. Watching a QL where the guys are polite and clearly not saying what they want to doesn't really serve any purpose, as far as I can see.

The purpose it serves is that they won`t get to look at most of these games at this stage without a dev present, so it`s either a QL EX or nothing. And QL EX videos often do well for them, especially for bigger games because few other sites actually do extended looks like that. It has always been a bit of a compromise between GB and older games media, but at the end of the day QL EX videos probably aren`t really for the hardcore GB fans like people in this thread. Unless it`s a QL EX video with a friend of the site.

edit Looking into this Vivendi, Ubisoft thing is fascinating.

edit2 Brad has an alt GAF account.

neshcom

Banned
There have to be more "golf games are boring, so we did something extreme" golf games than traditional genre games. Meanwhile, I gotta sit on my thumbs waiting for another Hot Shots.

jaina

Not sure if you're serious, because many people forget about it.
But a new PS4 Hot Shots has been in development for years. Should release either this year or early 2017.
Remember the Owl City trailer? ;)

Myggen

But a new PS4 Hot Shots has been in development for years. Should release either this year or early 2017.

Oh sweet, I had completely missed that.

neshcom

Banned

I remember, but it's been mum ever since. Just hoping it hasn't gone the way of Little Big Planet Hub

Lunar FC

The current number 1 in the world is Mark Selby, the guy who's ass is on display in the gif on last page, his nickname is "the jester from Leicester" (that probably won't rhyme for Americans because you struggle to say Leicester)

Lmao, so true. I can never say Leicester City without thinking about it.

Zaph

Yet another producer leaves gamespot. I'm hoping this is just down to better opportunities in the bay area, and not something up at CBSi.

Mr. F

Banned
Jesus Creezus the preamble on this dangerous golf quick look is a banger.

"video games are team collaborations and it takes a team to make a video game which is why team-based collaboration are formed to collaborate on games to collaborate games teams and golf games together physicsafskkjae."

Myggen

Are you referring to this, Zaph. Because that doesn`t look like a producer, unless you know who the guy is. Product sounds more like marketing or something.

neshcom

Banned
Jesus Creezus the preamble on this dangerous golf quick look is a banger.

"video games are team collaborations and it takes a team to make a video game which is why team-based collaboration are formed to collaborate on games to collaborate games teams and golf games together physicsafskkjae."

Yeah, it's crazy they go 5 minutes without even picking up the controller. I still don't totally understand how the game controls, what makes you half your points, how you tell what your requirements are.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's been a while since I've felt whiplash quite as bad as "Here's COD4 remade, please buy this other game to get it."

You should follow the development of every World of Warcraft expansion. 'Hated garrisons? Here's something that's way too similar because fuck you for not accepting it!'

There's definitely something up at Gamespot/CBSi IMO. Either a re-focus of priorities or it's just a really shit place to work.

You don't get so many people (some long-term) leaving somewhere relatively attractive to work at in so short a time without something happening.

Myggen

There's definitely something up at Gamespot/CBSi IMO. Either a re-focus of priorities or it's just a really shit place to work.

You don't get so many people (some long-term) leaving somewhere relatively attractive to work at in so short a time without something happening.

Has there been that many people who have left, compared to how many people work there? This last guy sounds like a marketing or engineering person or something like that, unless I`m misreading his twitter profile.

When it comes to engineers, San Francisco is pretty infamous for having a huge turnover of those because of how many opportunities there are in the city and in Silicon Valley.

edit A snooker table is fucking HUGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom