• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I watched them equip and preview skins during the launch stream, but for some reason it didn't hit me until Jeff bought 50 boxes that they are selling character customization for a first person game and I might have just had an aneurysm.

I never thought that gun skins would seem so reasonable in comparison.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watched them equip and preview skins during the launch stream, but for some reason it didn't hit me until Jeff bought 50 boxes that they are selling character customization for a first person game and I might have just had an aneurysm.

I mean...

TF2 has been doing it for years. Skins aren't about how fly you look. It's about how fly you look to the OTHER person.

hamchan

What was the point of picking different looking terrorists/CTs in CS1.6 anyways.

Jesus, that 1.20 patch for Witcher 3 basically fixes every annoyance I still had with that game. The best RPG keeps getting better.

i already know someone is gonna respond to this with "oh so they completely replaced the combat?"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I mean...

TF2 has been doing it for years. Skins aren't about how fly you look. It's about how fly you look to the OTHER person.

I haven't played TF2 since about a month after the Orange Box came out. Everything that happens in that game happens in some weird abstract hypothetical world. I am sure people play the hell out of TF2 but the closest I've ever been to knowing one of those people is hearing Will Smith talk about it.

R4a3DyA.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Look, we view the world in first person.

Yet we still care about fashion.

Crazy isn't it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But I care about how I look in real life so that I look good to the gender that I'm attracted to. I don't care if I look good to a load of 12 year olds on the internet Whippy.

But that's an advance level of rational thought though. I believe that deep in our subconscious, maybe not for everyone but for most people, there will be something that goes "I think that looks dope, I want others to see how dope it looks." That goes for fashion, art, design, whatever. Even it's something as dumb as showing internet people what skins you like, this is still how our brains work. Irrational sure, but we'll always be vain creatures seeking approval from others on some level.

Why's GB gotta be making all this good content while there's tons of awesome games to play, and making me choose what what to watch/play
/s

Bravely Second is fun. I did a sidequest where you need to help a guy named Rocca Peller choose who was more deserving of the performance rights to his grandfather Aca Peller's lost sea shanty: a grizzled old pirate captain, who wants to preserve the song's manly essence, or the most famous pop idol in the world, who wants to sample it for a song that I'm pretty sure is about her underwear. And the songs play whenever they're on screen. Bloody Baron on blast.

where's my bravely second coverage, giant bomb

I think Austin would appreciate the crazy combinations you can make with the class system, but he certainly fits right in with the giant bomb stereotype of neglecting to play all but the most slight of portable games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom