• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Sabot

Ya'll that have cable in the US and a morbid curiosity for esports should check out TBS, its weird.

They basically transplanted online CSGO broadcasts directly to television with the minimum amount of cringe television stuff injected into it.

Bacon

Ya'll that have cable in the US and a morbid curiosity for esports should check out TBS, its weird.

They basically transplanted online CSGO broadcasts directly to television with the minimum amount of cringe television stuff injected into it.

I can't imagine anyone unfamiliar with csgo tuning into this and being able to get much from it. The announcers are using so much jargon that a casual viewer is gonna have no idea what's going on.

K.Sabot

I can't imagine anyone unfamiliar with csgo tuning into this and being able to get much from it. The announcers are using so much jargon that a casual viewer is gonna have no idea what's going on.

I mean, Basketball broadcasts are basically the same thing to the slew of new watchers that come during playoffs.

Your average viewer won't know the difference between "small game" and "big game", or what "playing the post" means.

Bacon

I mean, Basketball broadcasts are basically the same thing to the slew of new watchers that come during playoffs.

Your average viewer won't know the difference between "small game" and "big game", or what "playing the post" means.

Yeah that's true but esports are going to have a bigger hurdle to jump because of the stigma that comes along with being an esport. They're gonna need to do everything they can to cater to new audiences in the beginning.

LiK

ROFL, watching Load Our Last Save: Ninja Gaiden and Vinny's face right after thinking he had to climb the cliffs again after dying to last boss was hilarious. XD

KingKong

Yeah that's true but esports are going to have a bigger hurdle to jump because of the stigma that comes along with being an esport. They're gonna need to do everything they can to cater to new audiences in the beginning.

Esports doesnt need tv, tv needs esports. Its the juiciest ad market thats stopped watching live television

R4a3DyA.png
Maaannnnnnnnnn

Watching UPF and Jeff already getting 2 legendaries within 6 boxes wtf.

I got the legendary gold from a level up box today

just 40 more until I can buy a legendary

But I don't know what to buy

My heart says Mariachi Reaper. My brain tells me to get the Jester Junkrat.

see if that was Phil Spencer, motherfucker would've done a backflip off of it and landed in a split, while also greenlighting a Nuts & Bolts sequel in the process

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got the legendary gold from a level up box today

just 40 more until I can buy a legendary

But I don't know what to buy

My heart says Mariachi Reaper. My brain tells me to get the Jester Junkrat.

I was in the same boat. But my heart said Goth Zarya and my other heart said Devil Mercy.

I went with Goth Zarya

I dropped 10 bucks like a dumbass and got 75% sprays, some basic skins, and a legendary skin for...Soldier 76, who I haven't played since the tutorial. Lesson learned!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's become very apparent that paid boxes yield better shit. Fuck that shit.

Lol no. Ive seen people open 50 boxes and they got jack shit. OT is full of people getting legendaries in the teen levels. Hell people getting 2 legendaries in 1 box.

RNG is RNG

I want a zarya skin too, but junkrat is my heart

Im not gonna lie Breezy... after 20 hours I finally played some Junkrat today.

Dude... hes so fun >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom