• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did they talk about OW on the beastcast? Im like 2 weeks behind on both, im finishing up the bombcast when Uncharted 4 came out and the open beta for OW happened and Jeff was shockingly positive about it (not so shocking since I had seen the quicklook already)

Did they talk about OW on the beastcast? Im like 2 weeks behind on both, im finishing up the bombcast when Uncharted 4 came out and the open beta for OW happened and Jeff was shockingly positive about it (not so shocking since I had seen the quicklook already)

They did indeed, for nearly 40 minutes or so. Very positive like the Bombcast.

yami4ct

Most of the OW skins look bad, so that would kill my micro transaction fever right away.

It's become very apparent that paid boxes yield better shit. Fuck that shit.

It just looks that way when you're opening 50 boxes at once instead of 1-2 at a time for levels. I highly doubt there's any appreciable difference. If you saved up 50 level up boxes, you'd likely see a similar distribution. It's just hard to really mentally comprehend that over a long period of time.

hamchan

Jeff was positive on Overwatch,, then he seemed negative on a bombcast, but now in this UPF he seems positive on it again.

yami4ct

Jeff was positive on Overwatch,, then he seemed negative on a bombcast, but now in this UPF he seems positive on it again.

I don't think he seemed negative, he just was voicing that he could see himself going that way if he got too into high level play.

I could still see it going that way. That game encourages team play in a way that is maybe a bit hard to see for new players at the start. It's almost MOBA levels in the cooperation it wants from decently skilled players and that can be real frustrating if you're just playing with randoms.

yami4ct

i only ever watched one monster factory but my face actually hurt from laughing so hard, so they're okay i guess

I've never dug it. Gave it several tries, but it never has past the McElroy's doing a YouTuber impression for me.

To be fair, I'm even tiring of MBMBaM. The goofs there are getting a bit old and stale. Sawbones is still amazing for weird cool history and Adventure Zone is the absolute best, so I still get my McElroy fix.

Jintor

i go hot and cold on MBMBAM, usually listen to it for a few months, then don't bother, pick it up a half year after that, etc. Gotta stay with that adventure zone though.

I haven't listened to their other spinoffs, would probably be too much McElroy.

yami4ct

i go hot and cold on MBMBAM, usually listen to it for a few months, then don't bother, pick it up a half year after that, etc. Gotta stay with that adventure zone though.

I haven't listened to their other spinoffs, would probably be too much McElroy.

Sawbones works because Sydnee is awesome and Justin plays a bit role. I've never dug into Travis' other stuff, though. I tried Bunker Buddies, but I burned out real quick on that.

yami4ct

Alex changed his twitter handle to D.Va

I think....I think this is goty 2016

If GotY was held next month, maybe.

Games, especially MP games, that start strong, but buck people off before GOTY tend to get maybe harsher treatment than they deserve. I see most of the crew bouncing off higher level Overwatch play and the random community is probably going to get there pretty quickly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Games, especially MP games, that start strong, but buck people off before GOTY tend to get maybe harsher treatment than they deserve. I see most of the crew bouncing off higher level Overwatch play and the random community is probably going to get there pretty quickly.

What else is coming out that's going to top it?

yami4ct

What else is coming out that's going to top it?

I dunno. We'll see how the rest of the year goes.

If I had to make a prediction based on what's happening right now, people will fall off of Overwatch, but DOOM's solid SP memory will push it to the top.

Even if that game hit's in October (a fairly safe bet for a date this year), you know not a single crew member will finish it. Hell, even a simultaneous September launch and they wouldn't finish it. It'll just have to be GOTY of our hearts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I dunno. We'll see how the rest of the year goes.

If I had to make a prediction based on what's happening right now, people will fall off of Overwatch, but DOOM's solid SP memory will push it to the top.

I'd say Doom will fall off due to not being able to ignore the ugly Elephant in the room that is the MP and SnapMap a al GTA V.

yami4ct

I'd say Doom will fall off due to not being able to ignore the ugly Elephant in the room that is the MP and SnapMap a al GTA V.

DOOM will have a heavy Brad push and I don't see Jeff fighting hard enough for Overwatch once he gets bucked off to keep DOOM from the top.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1. Overwatch
2. Doom
3. Stardew Valley
4. Some hot garbage Austin likes and no one else does but it somehow ends up in there anyways
DOOM will have a heavy Brad push and I don't see Jeff fighting hard enough for Overwatch once he gets bucked off to keep DOOM from the top.

GBEast is also incredibly high on Overwatch. I could see Austin or Vinny pushing back.

yami4ct

I could totally see Jeff at least falling off of Overwatch relatively early, and then not pushing for it at all come end of the year.

I think Austin and Vinny will fall off quick too. They'll get busy and stop playing and be too intimidated to pick it back up once they've seen where the community has progressed to. Alex and Brad are the only ones I think will really stick with it and I think Brad will fight harder for DOOM.

I could totally see Jeff at least falling off of Overwatch relatively early, and then not pushing for it at all come end of the year.

Until he talked about getting more into it on UPF I was expecting this to happen as soon as next week. It felt like Jeff was heading towards one of his "I picked up (game), played for five minutes and then realized the last thing I wanted to do was play (game)" moments. I hope he continues to stick with it.

yami4ct

If the Last Guardian hits this year and is truly a follow up deserving of Shadow of the Colossus, I think that would have a real shot. SotC is really liked by a number of the crew and a real successor could be a good middle ground to settle on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If the Last Guardian hits this year and is truly a follow up deserving of Shadow of the Colossus, I think that would have a real shot. SotC is really liked by a number of the crew and a real successor could be a good middle ground to settle on.

an Ueda game in 2016, especially combined with all the hype, would go over like a wet fart with the crew.

I think Austin and Vinny will fall off quick too. They'll get busy and stop playing and be too intimidated to pick it back up once they've seen where the community has progressed to. Alex and Brad are the only ones I think will really stick with it and I think Brad will fight harder for DOOM.
Yep, Doom just seems to be playing to their hearts too much. Overwatch will get credit for being a great game, but I don't see it being any particular person's game.
Until he talked about getting more into it on UPF I was expecting this to happen as soon as next week. It felt like Jeff was heading towards one of his "I picked up (game), played for five minutes and then realized the last thing I wanted to do was play (game)" moments. I hope he continues to stick with it.
He does seem to be enjoying it still, and I hope somebody keeps playing for months, but I doubt it'll be Jeff.

yami4ct

an Ueda game in 2016, especially combined with all the hype, would go over like a wet fart with the crew.

A good number of the crew love SotC. If TLG does end up to be a real amazing follow up to that (I'm nervous about it, but Ueda could pull it off), I don't see the whole crew letting hype get in the way of that.

I mean, Super Mario maker is a glorified multiplayer game and that got first place somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom