• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
Playing Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System for the first time still.

Yep, the world design in this game is amazing. The kinds of environments, the races, the monsters, it's all so cohesive and perfect. Best looking world design in a 3D Final Fantasy.

The airships in this game are freaking cool.

vita version when

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Lost Planet 2 was dope. It was almost like Monster Hunter with guns and mechs.

Lost Planet 2 might be one of my favorite rentals but I had no desire to play through any of it more than once. Those six missions were pretty great though.

what itch does LP2 scratch that the EDF games don't do better

The giant monsters actually feel like they matter and like they exist in the same world as the player. To be fair I loved the way Lost Planet 1 and 2 played and don't care for any of the EDF games.

Sakwoff

The Spawn on Me podcast that Austin guested on recently is absolutely fantastic by the way. Been listening to a few more episodes of the show and I'm absolutely hooked.

His Raven costumes look sick. Hopefully I get that as a drop.

That ones pretty dope as well

SE is still shockingly supportive of the Vita. If/when they do a FFXII HD, I would not be too shocked to get a vita version.

Whether or not the West gets that version is a whole different story.

I'd love to be able to play FFXII on my vita. It's the only FF I haven't played, aside from the MMOs of course.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm kind of surprised how decent ghostbusters still looks, those proton packs hold up. Was the reception universally poor among both critics and fans? Never played it back then.

Also anyone else listen to Bakalar's 404 podcast? The gawker lawsuit story in their news segment this week kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

killroy87

I'm kind of surprised how decent ghostbusters still looks, those proton packs hold up. Was the reception universally poor among both critics and fans? Never played it back then.

Also anyone else listen to Bakalar's 404 podcast? The gawker lawsuit story in their news segment this week kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

No, what did they say about it?

yami4ct

Nah. Jeff and Dan are just being harder on it than most people. It being decidedly OK was the common opinion. It's a solid 7/10 game.

I remember renting that Ghostbusters game and it being alright. It's not great, but it had some OK points.

The multiplayer was at both times a crushing disappointment and fairly competent Horde mode. In my mind Ghostbusters multiplayer is Left 4 Dead.

Ghosthunter, though. Now that's a dope ghost game.

Is Dead Island 2 out yet? What the hell is that game at this point?

dSox8cn.png

It's been a development mess which makes the release of Dead Island The Definitive Edition even more weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom