• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we also get the McMahons off of any on screen role? I think the most consistent thing about story telling on NXT is Regal. Even though he's a minor character in storylines the fact that he's just a GM who simply wants to have the best wrestling product possible works so well.

Ok I cant tell if serious anymore.

So Yes WWE is doing a brand split again and they will be doing the draft in a few weeks.

Its basically same rules as the previous draft from the mid 00's but a few details are still not public.

As before wrasslers will become exclusive to RAW or Smackdown so now Smackdown wont just be a RAW recap show with better commentary.
No one knows how belts will factor into it yet.
No idea how PPV's are factoring into it.

It was announced after RAW via WWEs website and TBH I haven't read it. Smackdown will now also be broadcast live on Tuesdays.

This is kind of good news because it means Smackdown can be its own thing again isnt of just rematches from RAW and sunday night heat reject matches. Plus these days Smackdown commentary is miles better then RAW and they have a NXT guy booking a lot of it so outside of the creative side it has been a much better put together show then RAW has for a while.

Speaking of the Powerbombcast, whatever happened to Jared?

He works at Nintendo now.

Nintendo does not like its staff speaking on podcasts

yami4ct

Was that the...treehouse thing?

Yep. People always quote the 'real talk' section of his interview where he 'insulted' zealous localization beggars, but that interview was filled with content that wasn't released in the form that Nintendo would be happy with.

tesqui

Demo Derby and Game Tapes. The two best premium features on the site. Next we need commentary over old Electric Playground episodes. (Which was in the ep of UPF with Tim Turi.)

Ok I cant tell if serious anymore.

So Yes WWE is doing a brand split again and they will be doing the draft in a few weeks.

Its basically same rules as the previous draft from the mid 00's but a few details are still not public.

As before wrasslers will become exclusive to RAW or Smackdown so now Smackdown wont just be a RAW recap show with better commentary.
No one knows how belts will factor into it yet.
No idea how PPV's are factoring into it.

It was announced after RAW via WWEs website and TBH I haven't read it. Smackdown will now also be broadcast live on Tuesdays.

This is kind of good news because it means Smackdown can be its own thing again isnt of just rematches from RAW and sunder night heat reject matches. Plus these days Smackdown commentary is miles better then RAW and they have a NXT guy booking a lot of it so outside of the creative side of it it has been a much better put together show then RAW has for a while.

Gotcha, thanks for the recap! I looked at OT and uh, peeked at the Wrasslin thread and didn't find anything there.

yami4ct

I wonder what Drake and Boyes working at Nintendo would look like.

If you're in a sort of community outreach segment of the company, they seem to be pretty hands off about your social media output at least. Well, they were. I wonder if that's changed since that other shitty public nintendo incident?

Boy, Nintendo sure has had problems when their employees engage with the general public, huh?

On the contrary, with the absence of DI 2, a quick remaster of the existing games makes perfect sense to keep the brand alive and get some revenue back on it.

I guess so but chalk this up to with the other unwanted remasters and this just brings up the question of where the fuck is DI2. Infact, I would go as far to say that DI has been dethroned by Dying Light.

Salarians

Someone in the Overwatch OT just linked to their twitch stream, where they are apparently opening 200 loot boxes.

tumblr_inline_o7ja782RlD1r76lqg_500.gif

Fox318

Someone in the Overwatch OT just linked to their twitch stream, where they are apparently opening 200 loot boxes.

tumblr_inline_o7ja782RlD1r76lqg_500.gif

I've seen TF2 and CS:Go unboxers go and open thousands of dollars of items before.

nothing new and if you get a live reaction online you might be able to get some money back on youtube

KingKong

That shit and streamers gambling should be banned from twitch. Most of the time the streamers arent even spending their own money, just getting kids addicted to gambling

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
you guys win, overwatch is a pretty good video game

that dhalsim robot motherfucker is legit

He's fun but he's a lot more dependant on your team not being fuckwits from my experience.

On another note I don't know why they put symmetra in with the support characters. She fits in more as defense.

He's fun but he's a lot more dependant on your team not being fuckwits from my experience.

in all honesty that's more applicable to Mercy, who I actually like more. at least dhalsim bot can hold his own (and I've ended multiple matches with the most kills with him). but yeah Mercy is unplayable if your team is fuckwits

Antiwhippy

in all honesty that's more applicable to Mercy, who I actually like more. at least dhalsim bot can hold his own (and I've ended multiple matches with the most kills with him). but yeah Mercy is unplayable if your team is fuckwits

Eh, I find that as mercy I just find one guy who seems to know what he's doing and main him while breaking off to others as I see fit.

On another note I don't know why they put symmetra in with the support characters. She fits in more as defense.

I kinda feel the same way about D.Va, she's pretty squishy in comparison to the rest of the tanks (which is why everyone was screaming "BUFF D.VA" in the beta since they assumed she could soak up damage like, say, Winston). She skews more towards offense than a tank role.

yami4ct

The heal heroes all are pretty reliant on your teammates not being dummies. The Robot and DJ need your teammates to not just run out of your buff range. The robot also needs your teammates to prioritize enemies you Discord. Mercy needs allies to back her up and make sure she doesn't die.

Antiwhippy

I kinda feel the same way about D.Va, she's pretty squishy in comparison to the rest of the tanks (which is why everyone was screaming "BUFF D.VA" in the beta since they assumed she could soak up damage like, say, Winston). She skews more towards offense than a tank role.

Barring reinhart and maybe roadhog I find her a lot more survivable than the other tanks honestly. As long as you know that actually turning your back causes you to take a lot less damage because you're not exposing your giant headshot hitbox. Really good for hit and run style.

That's the thing, excluding rein and zarya the other tanks seem to fit into the harasser role more.

Mei acts better as a tank than most others also.

I heard that in the alpha/closed beta, symmetra's shield used to give 50 shields, making her a much more valuable support character

Who's the most glass cannon character in Overwatch?

probably zennyata or tracer

Antiwhippy

Also got POTG with symmetra once, but the POTG was me getting a triple kill with turrets (which is THE BEST)... and then falling off a cliff.

Great times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom