• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the first E3 where I'm not excited about anything. There have been so many game released over the last few months that I had no hype for that have turned out to be excellent whilst most of the big MS/Sony offerings have been ass. An Obsidian announcement would be great but I'm not expecting anything.

Megasoum

Banned
My friend is moving from Montréal to Singapore for a new job... I think I'll have to talk to Dave Lang about F1 Tickets for my next visit

yami4ct

My friend is moving from Montréal to Singapore for a new job... I think I'll have to talk to Dave Lang about F1 Tickets for my next visit

You could've already gone to the Candian Grand Prix. That track is so damn cool and I want to go so bad. Maybe someday.

Singapore is no slouch, though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shit, Dan joining Giant Bomb has caused Drew to age a decade within a year.

But aged in the way a fine wine ages.

He's like, glorious. Seriously.

Also listening the beast and west takes on overwatch now, and I don't why they think mercy is like a revelation. She's literally the medic from TF2.

Megasoum

Banned
You could've already gone to the Candian Grand Prix. That track is so damn cool and I want to go so bad. Maybe someday.

Singapore is no slouch, though.

Yeah I went twice in Montreal (2002 and 2004 I think).

I'd love to go back but my friend who loves F1 moved kinda far from Montreal (not the same one who's moving to Singapore) and going to F1 alone kinda sucks.

Also it's expensive!

yami4ct

What a perfect ending for that miserable piece of trash.

I'm not normally one to wish ill on others, but I seriously want Robomodo to go under. They've never made a good game, and have only done more damage to the Tony Hawk series as they've continued to work on it.

They are a contract studio who are completely at the mercy of the people deciding their budget. I have to believe they were given 2 quarters and an engine license to make those Tony Hawk games. Activision seemed in it purely for contract reasons, not to actually make a good game.

This is way more of Activision being shitty than anything else.

Yeah I went twice in Montreal (2002 and 2004 I think).

I'd love to go back but my friend who loves F1 moved kinda far from Montreal (not the same one who's moving to Singapore) and going to F1 alone kinda sucks.

Also it's expensive!

It's stupid how little movement the venues seem to have on price. Sure, places like Silverstone, Monza and Sao Paulo are likely always going to fill well, but the FIA would rather let tons of seats stay unused in places like Shanghai than give up an inch of their 'premium' image.

But aged in the way a fine wine ages.

He's like, glorious. Seriously.

Also listening the beast and west takes on overwatch now, and I don't why they think mercy is like a revelation. She's literally the medic from TF2.

I didn't say that it wasn't an improvement.

As for mercy I think it's a little unfair to just call her the medic given (at release) the medic only had the heal beam into invulnerability. Mercy has her damage buff, revive, glide and flight. I certainly find her more fun to play than the medic in TF2.

daydream

Banned
jeffmariopartyrtkvc.gif

jeff's mario party experience in a nutshell

They are a contract studio who are completely at the mercy of the people deciding their budget. I have to believe they were given 2 quarters and an engine license to make those Tony Hawk games. Activision seemed in it purely for contract reasons, not to actually make a good game.

This is way more of Activision being shitty than anything else.

Looking into it, I didn't realize they were privately owned. I figured the studio was owned by Activision. Why else would they keep coming back to them after receiving nothing but failures from them time and time again?

In that case, I guess I'm cool with them sticking around so long as they stay the fuck away from Tony Hawk. They've proven too many times that they just can't do it. When you make the original games bad, I think that's a sign you shouldn't be handling the series.

jeffmariopartyrtkvc.gif

jeff's mario party experience in a nutshell

remember that turn in MP3 where Dan buys a star, the star moves right on top of Mario's space (fucking Jeff over), and then Dan lands on a hidden block that had a star in it

remember how Brad's reaction to it put a damper on the whole moment

daydream, you need to include Rhythm Heaven whenever you talk about megamix, because I always end up thinking that you're talking about Fighter's Megamix, a much better game

I used to just watch the conferences

but watching it with GB commentate is like watching it wtih friends

I always enjoy watching GB's take on it later because it's like double the entertainment haha. But you're right after following the crew for more than a decade, it does feel like watching it with friends.

Lijik

daydream, you need to include Rhythm Heaven whenever you talk about megamix, because I always end up thinking that you're talking about Fighter's Megamix, a much better game

oh heres a hot tip- its 2016 and nobodys talking about fighters megamix so you'll never have to worry about mixing up the two ever again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can't watch the conferences without me riffing or watching someone else riff on them. Forums used to fill that need, now giantbomb does it for me.

yami4ct

Sony needs to combine their 2 favorite pastimes. Reviving old franchises and VR.

.hack//VR. Do it Sony. I don't care if there's no real idea on how to make that game good in VR. I just want more of it to exist.

Salarians

SOMA VR sounds like a good death

Sony needs to combine their 2 favorite pastimes. Reviving old franchises and VR.

.hack//VR. Do it Sony. I don't care if there's no real idea on how to make that game good in VR. I just want more of it to exist.
Couldn't that just be... any fantasy MMO in VR? Minus the whole "mind trapped in the game" thing.

yami4ct

SOMA VR sounds like a good death

Couldn't that just be... any fantasy MMO in VR? Minus the whole "mind trapped in the game" thing.

I don't want a .hack MMO. I want a traditional .hack fake MMO with the weird style and batshit writing of those games. They are all so damn charming.

I'm not even sure I'd call 'The World' fantasy. It's such a weird mishmash of dumb styles that I don't even know where it fits.

Jintor

If the big N had a conference this year I would watch it without the riffs and watch the riffs later. I don't really give a shit about the other conferences so riff-plus they go.

I'll watch Ubisoft live with the commentary because they're always super awkward and rife for it. And I don't care about it til the final secret game reveal that won't be out for two to three years if at all.

Salarians

I don't want a .hack MMO. I want a traditional .hack fake MMO with the weird style and batshit writing of those games. They are all so damn charming.

I'm not even sure I'd call 'The World' fantasy. It's such a weird mishmash of dumb styles that I don't even know where it fits.
Oh, right. I loved the fake MMO stuff, like getting everyday emails about the characters daily lives, or Mistral turning out to be a mom. You know, that familiarity and closeness you get with online friends, without ever physically meeting them, could be an an interesting focus for a VR game. But I guess Summer Lesson is doing something like that? Maybe fitting inside a game-within-a-game would "sell it" better.

FluxWaveZ

I'll watch Ubisoft live with the commentary because they're always super awkward and rife for it. And I don't care about it til the final secret game reveal that won't be out for two to three years if at all.

I'm one (of those weirdos?) who likes to watch the conferences "pure" before subsequently watching them with commentary, but Ubisoft is probably one I could just watch with commentary from the outset. Them and EA, in the past. There's something about seeing the awkwardness without the relief of disparaging live commentary to go with it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom