• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh... That's a very common issue. I think there's a couple of "fixes" around the web that seems to work for a bit but not permanent solution.

I've been lucky to never encounter it myself.

Yeah, doing a search is a common problem. Time to bring out the hammer I suppose. Or upgrade to a neo?

do you think there will be more 9/11 truthers as time goes on and the adults born after 9/11 start to outnumber the people born before it

Yes, actually. You can see this trend with any conspiracy theory. The further removed a person is, the more they can buy into the conspiracy, assuming they're prone to that kind of thinking. Hell think about how big a population of Holocaust deniers there is.

That particular group of people has had the growth stunted because of all the work done to get Holocaust survivors into schools to talk about the experience, but that won't be around for much longer.

yami4ct

This is why capacitive buttons suck. Physical buttons can fail over time, but capacitive can fail way more quickly and spectacularly. They also are harder to fix.

Yeah, doing a search is a common problem. Time to bring out the hammer I suppose. Or upgrade to a neo?

Upgrade to Neo, of course.

tumblr_m3yr7hUgXa1rn6jbgo1_r1_500.gif

yami4ct

I don't get what the benefit of having capacitive buttons is?

They seem more high tech and new. That seems to be the only reason they'd be on consoles.

For phones, I'm sure they're more easier to implement into the screen and stuff like that.

Maybe they're cheaper?

I have to imagine not. There's more sensors and parts you need for a capacitive thing, not fewer. When the PS4 upgraded to their cheaper build style, the capacitive buttons went as well.

oti

Banned
So are y'all watching the GB feed of the pressers or the direct feed first and then the GB feed a day or so later? I love the GB commented videos but the first time around I want to purely #engage #with #brands and be snarky myself. There's always time for GB's snark but not the first time.

Let's go, right now, E3 predictions.

360 emulation coming to PC.

So are y'all watching the GB feed of the pressers or the direct feed first and then the GB feed a day or so later? I love the GB commented videos but the first time around I want to purely #engage #with #brands and be snarky myself. There's always time for GB's snark but not the first time.

I watch GB feed only. I'll only go back to see raw feed if there is something I did not catch the first time which doesn't happen that often.

Teddified

I'm not interested in listening to pressers without the GB commentary, if they aren't covering a presser I'll just ignore it and check out the news on twitter/gaf.

Phil Fish will strike someone in anger during a Giant Bomb stream.
Microsoft will announce a Halo product for PC.
Drew will nail someone with an empty water bottle.
There will be a ghost.
You're wrong, GB feed is only feed.

yami4ct

Persona 5, Last Guardian and Horizon will get dates. I will be happy.

New FF7 R and Kingdom Hearts III trailers. FF7R Part 1 will get a nebulous 2017 date and a demo in FFXV.

Only semi crazy predictions I'll make, Dragon Quest XI localization announcement for PS4. No comment on 3DS. FF12 HD announced.

Honestly, I have zero clue what Microsoft or Sony proper show. They could be a complete wet fart or absolutely insane.

Nintendo will be true to their word about nothing but Zelda being at E3, but they'll still find a way to disappoint people.

People will get sick of Sony's focus on VR during their presser ten minutes into their 45 minute segment on PSVR.

Microsoft will have at least one "holy shit" announcement in response to Sony's from last year.

I will continue to be deprived of the one thing I've been waiting for for half a decade: a Serious Sam 4 reveal.

yami4ct

We're probably going to see a new Saint's Row this year, I'm guessing.

The question is, does it show at E3 and who has it?

Another crazy, out there prediction: A surprise revival of Darksiders III, co-published by Nordic and one of the console manufacturers.

I don't actually think that one is likely at all, but I think we'll get at least 1 weird and completely out there surprise of that scale.

I have to watch the GB coverage, I just don't find the events that interesting on their own most of the time.

yami4ct

I forgot all about the South Park sequel. Think we'll see more of it?

Short trailer and real date at Ubi if that project isn't in serious trouble. Nothing more.

Do we think that Ubi even hints at Assassin's Creed Egypt, even though that's not coming this year?

Ubi actually has quite a few announced games to show. For Honor, Ghost Recon Cocaine Cowboys and South Part off the top of my head. I'm shocked that For Honor isn't out yet. They've given the impression that that game is pretty far along.

yami4ct

Sony announce a load of kickstarters for games that were interesting but mediocre 10 years ago along with new demos for games that will never be released and Gaf goes apeshit for it.

FF7:R is being done by CC2. That's a team that knows how to release a product and do it on time. I suspect that one at least is coming way sooner than folks expect.

yami4ct

Uncharted 4's Single Player DLC seems like the easy bet for the headline Neo demo. You can pretty easily right that conference section. They introduce the Neo, have Naughty Dog show a bit of upgraded UC4 and then they say something about a special surprise and bring out the new DLC to wrap the segment up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom