• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it says something that my mind immediately went to "clearly he isnt pulling a scam. If he was he would have launched a indiegogo already"

Never a fan of Shanes style and thought SIFTD was a site targeting a audience that didnt exist but this just seems like a whole bunch of bad luck.

Myggen

Just finished the latest Demo Derby, good stuff. Now onto Powerbombcast until Game Tapes tomorrow. Game Tapes looks incredibly promising going by the preview image.

Bringing my kid up right

27M7nWx.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
hey Megasoum was it you that said you worked on Mini Ninjas

because we need to have a talk if you also worked on Kane & Lynch 2

oh oh...

Funny story about K&L 2.

We received an email from Jeff shortly before release about a bug he encountered in the game that kinda broke the whole thing lol.

Even after thousands of QA man hours we had never seen that bug before.

Things like that happen all the time but considering his history with the franchise, thought it was funny.

Maybe it says something that my mind immediately went to "clearly he isnt pulling a scam. If he was he would have launched a indiegogo already"

Never a fan of Shanes style and thought SIFTD was a site targeting a audience that didnt exist but this just seems like a whole bunch of bad luck.

yeah i never paid attention to siftd past it getting launched but reading his post about it made me real bummed out. that sucks

oh oh...

Funny story about K&L 2.

We received an email from Jeff shortly before release about a bug he encountered in the game that kinda broke the whole thing lol.

Things like that happen all the time but considering his history with the franchise, thought it was funny.

Haha, I love stories like that.

Bringing my kid up right

Adorable.

popo

What is the point of a demo discs for last gen? I played all these demos off of psn.

torrents replaced "demo" discs on 360. A friend of mine (no really, it isn't me. Really. Stop it) had about 300 games and finished about 5 of them. He would get each one, often a few days before launch, claiming each time that he was just "demoing" the game. Play if for 20 minutes and stuff it in a CD wallet never to be seen again.

Only game he ever paid for was COD. Every year. Oh, and about 5 consoles because his ass kept getting banned for running bootsie gear.

oh oh...

Funny story about K&L 2.

okay cool, you did work on the game

so K&L2 is an alright game and don't ever let anybody give you shit for it

danswers with greg miller is recording on friday, per danny's youtube. he's calling it the "new season" so hopefully it'll be more frequent now!

apparently gonna be more focused on interviewing the guest about their life experiences instead of just answering audience questions. seems interesting.

Myggen

danswers with greg miller is recording on friday, per danny's youtube. he's calling it the "new season" so hopefully it'll be more frequent now!

apparently gonna be more focused on interviewing the guest about their life experiences instead of just answering audience questions. seems interesting.

Sweet.

Sweetness. Now what we need is Greg's interview with Jeff.

Zaph

Danny posted a short update thing about everything going on https://youtu.be/iGbc37RTAcw

oh oh...

Funny story about K&L 2.

Your mission in life is now to make sure more games have a fake physical cameraman as the camera. That was cool, especially when the camera would get in the back seat of a car.

Also, Jeff seems to have a knack for finding big bugs in review code.

Megasoum

Banned
Danny posted a short update thing about everything going on https://youtu.be/iGbc37RTAcw

Your mission in life is now to make sure more games have a fake physical cameraman as the camera. That was cool, especially when the camera would get in the back seat of a car.

Also, Jeff seems to have a knack for finding big bugs in review code.

Yeah somehow Jeff always has a shit ton of bugs in all his games that most people don't see.

Also, another quick story about K&L2. You know that mission where both dudes are naked? Yeah... The first couple of builds didn't have the mosaic censoring effect yet.... Ugh

Megasoum

Banned
did

did you guys model their junk

I can't remember what it looked like exactly.

Also I was in QA, no at IO proper.

I've been in the QA industry for almost 10 years now and K&L2 is one of the last game I actually tested (the very last one being Lara Croft: Guardian of Light). I still work in QA but I moved to a different position now.

justjim89

Now that Vinny is completely caught up in Witcher 3, hopefully we get a full GBEast QL of Blood and Wine. I'd love to see what kind of armor and character build Vinny is rolling with.

I feel like Vinny is the type of guy who mastercrafted all four schools of armor and changes them out depending on the situation.

Megasoum

Banned
Now that Vinny is completely caught up in Witcher 3, hopefully we get a full GBEast QL of Blood and Wine. I'd love to see what kind of armor and character build Vinny is rolling with.

I feel like Vinny is the type of guy who mastercrafted all four schools of armor and changes them out depending on the situation.

Man, this is one of the reason I can't wait to get my 1080. I played something like 15h of Witcher but never fully got into it. Now that I'll be able to play it maxed out and 60 fps, I can't wait to go back to it. Haven'T even finished the Baron quest.

https://twitter.com/bradshoemaker/status/737072513071489024
I'd like to see this too.
Man, this is one of the reason I can't wait to get my 1080. I played something like 15h of Witcher but never fully got into it. Now that I'll be able to play it maxed out and 60 fps, I can't wait to go back to it. Haven'T even finished the Baron quest.
60 fps Witcher is a sight to behold. So good.

yami4ct

Uncharted Tech video is fantastic. If Brad is the one that got that set up, that's an amazing get. I'd love to see more. Thanks to all the crew involved. Some fantastic content you don't get in other places.

oh you mean he works at a modern video game website?

Yep. Almost all video game, comic book, tech news and film sites have all coalesced into the same kind of monstrosity.

Ooh! Can't wait. Greg has some unique quirks*. Anyone that's a fan of Kinda Funny knows that they genuinely want to make a Greg Miller Story. Hoping for a Danswers with Colin eventually. He has gone on record talking about his severe anxiety issues.

*Just last week he talked about how his mother made sure to end their nightly prayers when he was very young with Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. One night, his father ended with Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost. Greg freaked out. Not because he is afraid of ghosts, but because he was (and is) obsessed with Ghostbusters. When he asked his mom, his mom told him that was the reason she only said Holy Spirit, because the Ghostbuster fan within Greg would latch on to that and become distracted with Ghostbusters. That same mom roasted Dan at Kinda Funny Live 2 last night about the beating he gave Greg at PAX East.

yami4ct

As someone doing undergraduate CompSci, I understand a lot the kind of basic programming talk going on in stuff like the Uncharted Tech video. I at least conceptually get how graphics programming works, how you compute physics, the complexity of programming close to the hardware, etc.

Animation blending is fucking magic.

Is the PS4 version of TW3 stable and good to play?

Megasoum

Banned
The Uncharted video was great but what I really like about it is the fact that it's kind of out of nowhere?

Like sure UC4 came out recently but Brad just said that Cowboy took a day out of his vacations to go film that. This wasn't part of the UC4 PR tour.

Great stuff and I'd love for GB to do more special features like that. They were often critiqued in the past for their close relationship with devs but I think that it's actually a big plus for them and they should use it more.

Also I'm surprised that nobody made a thread about the video? Seems like a big enough video to warrant its own thread.

The Uncharted video was great but what I really like about it is the fact that it's kind of out of nowhere?

Like sure UC4 came out recently but Brad just said that Cowboy took a day out of his vacations to go film that. This wasn't part of the UC4 PR tour.

Great stuff and I'd love for GB to do more special features like that. They were often critiqued in the past for their close relationship with devs but I think that it's actually a big plus for them and they should use it more.

Also I'm surprised that nobody made a thread about the video? Seems like a big enough video to warrant its own thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1225209

Someone did make one. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1225209

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom